Sign in to follow this  
redambrosia

Bonesylvanian Scale

Is anyone else really disappointed at how small the bonesylvanians are compared to the chibi adventurers from bones 4?

36071A73-FDBB-4405-9563-E2764E0D0EC9.thumb.jpeg.f3222a70b6b8bd55de49950227ee60c3.jpeg

68836E6C-DA1B-4F90-A8EE-5892B3EC914B.thumb.jpeg.9982aafedeaa6fbc53271020b58d1bff.jpeg

I’ve only just gotten the chance to go through bones 4 and put things together. I was really hoping that they’d be compatible so when my daughter starts playing we could use them together. Even Mr and Mrs Bones are a little too small for the adventurers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Is anyone else really disappointed at how small the bonesylvanians are compared to the chibi adventurers from bones 4?

36071A73-FDBB-4405-9563-E2764E0D0EC9.thumb.jpeg.f3222a70b6b8bd55de49950227ee60c3.jpeg

68836E6C-DA1B-4F90-A8EE-5892B3EC914B.thumb.jpeg.9982aafedeaa6fbc53271020b58d1bff.jpeg

I’ve only just gotten the chance to go through bones 4 and put things together. I was really hoping that they’d be compatible so when my daughter starts playing we could use them together. Even Mr and Mrs Bones are a little too small for the adventurers.

the reverse for me. I prefer the small size

• Like 2

The Bonesylvanians were originally metal, special edition models in October 2015 and October 2016 (I think), and then converted to Bones material.  I think they were the first go into chibi style models.

I like both sizes, but probably like the larger models slightly more.

• Like 2

Like Clearman said, the Bonesylvanians were originally metal figures and keeping the costs low for metal production was a big factor in Bob Ridolfi's designs.

You never know. Large-scale Bonesylvanians could pop up in plastic in the future. ::):

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Clearman said:

The Bonesylvanians were originally metal, special edition models in October 2015 and October 2016 (I think), and then converted to Bones material.  I think they were the first go into chibi style models.

I like both sizes, but probably like the larger models slightly more.

I know, I have several of the metal ones, particularly the ones that didn’t make it into bones. 

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

the reverse for me. I prefer the small size

I prefer them small as well. They match the scale of all my other chibi minis better. 

I dunno, maybe the adventurers can be giants or something. 

Scale consistency would be neat though :shrug:

• Like 1