Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

Serpent’s Skull, Pathfinder 1e

I’ve always read this as “no other moving out of your current square on the grid.”

Standing up is a move-action, but not “grid-movement.”

You stood up round 1.  You 5 foot stepped this round (round 2). You can’t do any more grid movement (toward the pile of gear, for example), but could do a move action like drawing a dagger, picking up an item off the ground.

Please remind me where your PC is from, and if they spent any significant time Prior to this voyage in Magnimar, Kintargo, Pezzack, Corentyn, Ilizmagorti, Ollo, Quent, Port Peril, Bloodcove, or Senghor.

Arune has been on the ship since Magnimar and has taken the opportunity to explore the cities visited but was always back a day early to ensure he was on the ship when it sailed.  He grew up in the bogs north of Sandy point located about 15 miles from Magnimar so he has been to the city a number of times before and studied at the Magus and wizarding schools there.

He's sort of a born tourist and pretty much spent the day or so that the ship was in port investigating the docks and libraries he could get into using his charms and his status as a magus

Given the rarity of his species though, he is not likely to have visited any bordellos though, not after the first time...

Edited by Kangaroorex

Sabine came aboard in Quent after a visit to Lost Lirgen in the Sodden Lands.  She is returning to her family In the Mwangi Expanse.  She hasn't' spent extensive time in each of the listed cities, just port calls and wait for ships passage.

Part of the mechanic of this first part of the AP revolves around the castaways.  Try to get to know them.  Some of them are starting out unfriendly based on where the PCs are from.  Some are starting out indifferent.  They can all slowly be made helpful.  If things go poorly, they can all also be made hostile.

You could go about this in different ways.  You could try to find something in common like class abilities.  Or why they do or don’t like people from a certain area.  Some of them may have motivations other than “survive and get off the island.”  You could have one person be the diplomat for  theses interactions.  Sometimes for less intimate personal information, another PC could assist.  Or, you could match one particular PC with each NPC.  You get one chance per day to change their attitudes, so we should formalize when that Diplomacy check is being made.

• Like 2

Fellow PCs

Ok.  Sabine has a 0 in climb, actually less because of ACP.  Same for swim.  I will likely slow things down going to the ship. If you want I can stay behind with the NPCs and help start to work on getting to know them.  Diplomacy is something that I am good at (+8).  Unless you want a healer on the ship with you.

if any of them are rangers, explorers, or otherwise outdoorsy types, I wouldn't mind having Jan work on, or with them. All the more if they would be any use in helping gather food and water and other things to keep the whole of everyone alive.

So, I’ve been Re-reading the sentences about getting to the shipwreck.  It honestly seems like you can walk all the way at low tide, but it is “difficult terrain,” meaning walk at half speed.  It only mentions the DC 15 climb checks for normal or high tide.  It still mentions that at the end of the walk you are at a cliff overlooking the upper deck of the ship.  It is a little poorly written in this regard, because it doesn’t tell me how far from the cliff to the ship.  So, I’m going to say 20 feet.  You’ll need to jump or climb down 20 feet of rope.  You can try to secure it with a grappling hook.  You can leave Sabine up there to haul out gear.  You can knot the rope.  A knotted rope with a wall (cliff) to brace against is DC 0.  It will be slippery, making the DC 5.

Sorry for the confusion.  It’s just a poorly written description.

• Like 1

This adds a bit of an oddity here. Arune is trained in climbing and has an actual climb speed of 30 ft.  If I remember the rules correctly, this lets me do a number of things that would be normal climbing, (things like going from point a to b or climbing up a rough slope:  The equivalent of walking on a meadow or crossing a bridge.  On the other hand, because of his low strength score, he only has a 4 on his climbing skill. 

another thing to keep in mind for the group is Arune is actually smaller than your average gnome.  Grippli are almost in the tiny classification.  This lets them get into places pretty easily but they also cant reach a lot of things humans would consider normal.  For example; those sea scorpions were about as big as him!

Yah I swapped one of my racial traits out for a climb speed of 20 (+8 to Climb included), thus even with my armor, I have a +7 to Climb.

You know, I marked both of the topics to be followed and for some reason both later undid the notifications. Odd.

Anyway Lorak, would have stayed neutral towards any others. Currently his goal is to get back to the Mwangi and his tribe. In his mind anyone or anything that helps with that is his ally and anyone or anything that hinders that is his opponent.

I will try to play him true to this.

So if the others like him, great. As long as nobody hinders him from his goal, fine. But if they slow him down or try to act against him then there will be conflict.

Currently he doesn't *like* anyone, ok, well he finds the frog and cat kind of amusing. Nor does he consider anyone his enemy, but the current situation is considered an opponent to be defeated. 

His attitude towards the others is likely to change during the adventure.