Blacklist Miniatures: Fantasy Series 1

SamuraiJack

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:

They still haven't done any fulfillment in the USA.

They did an update a few days ago which read much the same. The miniatures are still in transit and there’s really no sign that QML will have them to ship any time soon. My friends and I have all blacklisted Blacklist until we get these figures. They just launched, yet another, Kickstarter and none of us are going to back it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Adrift said:

They did an update a few days ago which read much the same. The miniatures are still in transit and there’s really no sign that QML will have them to ship any time soon. My friends and I have all blacklisted Blacklist until we get these figures. They just launched, yet another, Kickstarter and none of us are going to back it. 

With you there, if my previous posts on this thread weren't obvious.  I feel stupid for giving in for the second fantasy one at this point.

It's not the delays, it's how they handle it.  All their updates are super passive-aggressive in tone, and they delete any negative comments on their social media.  The stack of unfulfilled Kickstarters with no real pauses in between is the big deal-breaker, though.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2021 at 6:37 AM, Citrine said:

I still have not gotten the minis for this Kickstarter.  Are there others in the same boat?

Yep, still waiting.

Based on last week’s update, I think every region has finished shipping out, except North America. They’re still waiting on 4 containers to be delivered to QLM. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:28 AM, Adrift said:

Ditto.

• Like 1

Oh look, another update.  Oh hey all the containers are in?  Yay?  A mysterious issue they didn't plan for meaning they don't plan on doing any shipping until 2022 (with no monthly mentioned)?  How unexpected!

I wonder if they'll still honor refunds for Series II.  I sense they may not be around as a company by the time that would ship.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tpugmire said:

Yeah, I don’t really know what to make of BLG anymore. I generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting out of hand. 

Main thought in the comments is they never paid Quartermaster Logistics and have been banking on further successful Kickstarters to cover shipping costs for the previous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, R2ED said:

I've already late pledged on the Fantasy series 2 models.  Didn't realize at the time they're was this much of an issue connected with them. Bummer. 

Now... sit and wait. 

And wait…and wait…and wait…and wait. 

I get the global shipping situation, I really do. But I’ve got other Kickstarter projects that were in the same timeline as this one, even ones after, that have or are seeing fulfillment progress. So their pleas for mercy due to shipping seem hollow. 

• Like 2

Reposted from FB and copied from the Ks comments.

3d printers are looking better and better... 😑😑

rest assured it's mostly logistical in nature and is basically another bump in the road to finish off a year FULL of bumps in the road. Some stuff like DA and Contra remains in China because of a warehouse move caused by the crappy 2021 manufacturing/shipping problems, and stuff like FS1 and HON is a mixture of different logistical elements stemming from more 2021 nonsense preventing us from getting things moving until they're taken care of, which from what I understand is just taking much longer than anticipated and might bleed into December/January, thus the updates setting people's expectations for early 2022 in case.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, R2ED said:

I've already late pledged on the Fantasy series 2 models.  Didn't realize at the time they're was this much of an issue connected with them. Bummer. 

Now... sit and wait. 

Similar boat. Wasn't going to pledge but peeps were all like, "Oh no, we've seen them!"

And the fact that it appears to mainly be a US issue doesn't help things either.

• Like 1

@JoeGKushnerI felt I saw that same thing!  "Yeah, we saw them, they're good."  But I think I must have been hallucinating.  Either way, I can only buckle up and hold on for this very bumpy ride.  

I also can be very patient while logistics and such get settled.  It's hard to know what transparency really looks like or where the difficulties are at without having more evidence of one of their internal people spilling the beans on the issue.  I see a lot about the receivers not being paid and how they are using future KS funds to pay previous projects.  I see things about how there's some cloak and dagger nonsense about how they are hoarding the funds to expense other things.  If there's one thing I know, it's not trust too much gossip, which is rampant online.  Now, I do like word on the street kind of stuff, but it has to be validated somewhere and too often there's no accountable source material or person who it came from.  I think it's the piece that keeps me sane while looking into similar posts.  

I also know that when I opt into a KS, there's a level of risk there.  We're not paying retail.  We're getting an early jump on something (sometimes with some pretty cool perks!)  And lastly there's the choice part of it.  I have to stand by my decision, which I wish I could get my funds back seeing all this doubt, but at the same time I kind of knew when I clicked 'commit these funds' that it's not a sure thing.  

I do love, way more than retail, getting that package you've been waiting and waiting on, and that rewarding feeling of having not paid near the same as retail, getting a lot of bang for my buck and then trying to let the anguish of waiting settle.  In the end I can wait.  Because the opposite of that is getting all bent out of shape on a system I can't truly change and I'd rather enjoy the time not worrying or being angry.  I'm in this boat with y'all and I want it to make it to the docks.  I only hope BL games is doing their part.  

Rebellions are built on hope, right?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Similar boat. Wasn't going to pledge but peeps were all like, "Oh no, we've seen them!"

And the fact that it appears to mainly be a US issue doesn't help things either.

I backed Lasting Tales after seeing my friend’s minis from Fantasy Series 1. So they’ve definitely sent minis out and they are of a reasonable quality.

I have to say that the recent delays and vague updates are a bit concerning though. Definitely seeing some red flags.

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 4