Blacklist Miniatures: Fantasy Series 1

SamuraiJack

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they've managed to damage their reputation enough that people will stop funding their various Kickstarters and Indigogo projects?  If they're not going to even start shipping, in theory, until 2022, well, that could be a hella cash crunch unless they've got something else up their sleeves. "But wait, there's more!"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

I wonder if they've managed to damage their reputation enough that people will stop funding their various Kickstarters and Indigogo projects?  If they're not going to even start shipping, in theory, until 2022, well, that could be a hella cash crunch unless they've got something else up their sleeves. "But wait, there's more!"

I think it already had an impact with their Blood Bowl style game.  I think it funded but wasn't trending how they wanted and they canceled it.

• Like 2

People have better memories for situations, like this, especially fans of the hobbies that have been through various KS projects and have see their share of ‘situations’. CMON had its fair share of new projects funding old projects and it became a concerning situation for a long time. We’ve all been burned by one project, or another. 

That said, their desire to push more projects into a pipeline, in spite of our experiences, becomes concerning. They like touting that they’re a small company and have to follow a set pattern to do their thing. Their fulfillment of their pattern isn’t happening as it should.

I have no idea what their distribution pattern looks like with respect to their global backing. But I’ve got to think that the USA represents their dominant share of backers. The rest of the world, and ‘celebrity’ backers have their stuff, but the rest of the USA has nothing to show for it.

This one KS is why I now message EVERY creator that I’m interested in backing, “where is this project being manufactured?”  As soon as they say, China, I know that I’m not backing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adrift said:

People have better memories for situations, like this, especially fans of the hobbies that have been through various KS projects and have see their share of ‘situations’. CMON had its fair share of new projects funding old projects and it became a concerning situation for a long time. We’ve all been burned by one project, or another. 

That said, their desire to push more projects into a pipeline, in spite of our experiences, becomes concerning. They like touting that they’re a small company and have to follow a set pattern to do their thing. Their fulfillment of their pattern isn’t happening as it should.

I have no idea what their distribution pattern looks like with respect to their global backing. But I’ve got to think that the USA represents their dominant share of backers. The rest of the world, and ‘celebrity’ backers have their stuff, but the rest of the USA has nothing to show for it.

This one KS is why I now message EVERY creator that I’m interested in backing, “where is this project being manufactured?”  As soon as they say, China, I know that I’m not backing. 

Over 70% of the backers were USA or Canada, so yeah, them talking about how hey they got fulfillment done in most regions almost a year ago, while true, is misleading.

I think at this point it's not so much that I'm upset at the delays, as the global shipping situation is a nightmare.  It's that they now have delays for domestic shipping despite having 12 months to plan for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

As things have progressed elsewhere, it's funny to be an American and feel the pains everywhere else used to have, but now the States infrastructure is so weak that just a few things fall out of place and you see how it cripples so many subsequent pieces.  I'd love to see countries working closer together to get an even playing field for all.  The situation at ports is nuts for sure.  Patience is the name of the game right now.  A single company is at the mercy of about 100 other factors and when the best laid plans are breaking apart.

The things that I'm thankful for is pricing holding and shipping staying to a relatively close place to what was estimated (for all KS, not just this one).  Once we see projects jumping up 20% or 30% after the fact it'll be a very tough position to be in.  Companies can only absorb so much loss before that gets passed along to the customer.   That's my biggest fear.   

I'd love to see KS campaigns that are backed over and over, specifically repeat business from previous backers, they offer a discont or special.  That to me is not only good faith, but shows great appreciation for loyalty and patience.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, R2ED said:

As things have progressed elsewhere, it's funny to be an American and feel the pains everywhere else used to have, but now the States infrastructure is so weak that just a few things fall out of place and you see how it cripples so many subsequent pieces.

Yep! BLG says it's a logistics, not financial problem, and the next part -- domestic shipping is next. Thanks to CoVid, our family has been using home delivery, and we've had to call FedEx twice, and OnTrack has lost one of my packages. California FedEx is at capacity, and it's not even the holidays yet. Wish I could learn not to back KS during the epidemic. Loke's Wilderness Maps are being shipped now... 

• Sad 4

On 11/20/2021 at 6:20 AM, Rob Dean said:

I guess I haven’t been paying too much attention; I backed for the rulebook with no miniatures, so it’s not too much pain if it never shows up…

I'm in the same boat, all I wanted was the rulebook. While I want (and paid for) a physical book, it'd be a nice gesture if they at least make a pdf copy available to those that wanted it.

• Like 8

On 11/19/2021 at 6:12 PM, JoeGKushner said:

they should at least stop funding more projects before people get their stuff
come on we can wait
but stop expecting people to be ready to jump on another project while waiting on their pledges from what 5 kickstarters ago

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, JoeGKushner said:

I wonder if they've managed to damage their reputation enough that people will stop funding their various Kickstarters and Indigogo projects? 

Well, Contra and Baruto look to be pre-orders, so, yep, possible. (fwiw, CMON's Kick-*ss game was supposed to go to KS, but went to retail.)

From the comments. I shoulda known that the Sadler brothers didn't own the company, and don't like not knowing who else is behind the company without us knowing, particularly outside investors (who, more often than I'd like, have more control over the project than they should). Here's a summary of their FB video, although I wished they'd use KS more to communicate. I remember seeing the name of the owner (?) of the company in either the FS1 or FS2 comments, but can't find it. (I know Alex Lim of the failed Fairy Tale Battle Royale (?) game worked at BLG, although he's been there since the beginning and I don't remember his role having anything to do with shipping.)

I'm doing my best to avoid KS with components from China, but with CMON's Marvel Zombies coming up, I'm not doing a good job! 💩

1. The Sadlers get a lot of questions (and hate) but neither them nor Scotty own BLG, they are employees and some things they can't share because it is not in line with company policy.

2. Yes there are big issues in FS1 delivery. That is purely related to shipping though, and does not affect production of FS2.

3. They can't share everything because it can hurt the company, but also their collaboration with external partners.

4. Myth and goal was canceled because they had some overambitious stretch goals which they were not able to cover with the funds raised, and also it seems they may have gotten the opportunity to publish it elsewhere, which was a better business move than continuing the KS

5. Adam repeatedly denied BLG was going belly-up, and that new KSs were required to keep the lights on for FS1/2/DA.

6. Scottie writes most updates, but also cannot write about info he isn't given or allowed to share. The style of the last updates were different because they were not writen by Scottie but by BLG.

There wasn't more info on why things were stuck, but the brothers stressed that they are also unhappy with the situation and are doing everything they can to resolve it. It already cost them their personal bonuses, and they take great pride in the product. they feel and understand the frustration, but they also asked to accept that some things cannot be shared publicly, and to stop the conspiracy theories and personal attacks.