Blacklist Miniatures: Fantasy Series 1

SamuraiJack

2. Yes there are big issues in FS1 delivery. That is purely related to shipping though, and does not affect production of FS2.

Uh.... the production of FS1 is actually done, it's the distribution that's a problem.  Awful forward looking to shrug and think that FS2 is in good shape at this point.  Dude's house is on fire and he's like, "Nah, it's all good."

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

2. Yes there are big issues in FS1 delivery. That is purely related to shipping though, and does not affect production of FS2.

Uh.... the production of FS1 is actually done, it's the distribution that's a problem.  Awful forward looking to shrug and think that FS2 is in good shape at this point.  Dude's house is on fire and he's like, "Nah, it's all good."

I’m certain that celebrity YouTubers will have their FS2 airdropped to them well in advance of my friends and i receiving our FS1 delivered. Keep the hype machine going since so many of us are receptive to that…at this point. 

• Sad 2

Oh boy, an update!

"Don't worry, team.  We would never use a future project to fund a past one.  We just can't afford to pay Quartermaster Logistics because we used all the funds for American shipping to pay for EU and Asia shipping when they got inflated!  But best way out of this is to back our future projects!"

Seems legit, sure.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Oh boy, an update!

"Don't worry, team.  We would never use a future project to fund a past one.  We just can't afford to pay Quartermaster Logistics because we used all the funds for American shipping to pay for EU and Asia shipping when they got inflated!  But best way out of this is to back our future projects!"

Seems legit, sure.

That... That... Yeaaaah, there's sketch and sus, but this is like being the imposter and having five witnesses watch you... (Among Us reference) 

Yeah.  Wow that's sketchy beyond belief. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Might be time to report them to KickStarter, the BBB, etc. …

I’m giving this until the end of January. If I have a shipping notice by then, I’ll leave it alone. 

BLG is going to be retail-only option for my friends and I, moving forward. No more crowd-funding for them. 

If I’d of known that Frog God Games was going to do something similar, with US-based sciocast fulfillment, I’d of never backed THIS project. 

• Like 2

More drama. Brady Sadler is no longer working as a full-time employee for BLG, but is still working part-time and as a contractor. He's now working at LuckyDuck games, (although dunno how lucky they are with the Sadler curse!). At BLG, the Sadler Brothers have been working more as project managers than game designers (BLG's last projects were not designed by them), and I understand that the more work you do at the business level means less time for game design. The little known Hoghead publishing (Baron Munschausen is a fine storytelling game, if you don't have time for an RPG) 's owner closed down his company because he spent half or more of the day working on the business, when he wanted to do game design work. Adam Sadler, the miniatures guy, is still fine with project management work, so has not left BLG. See the KS comments for more info.

From Altar Quest, you probably know that the Sadler Brothers know Isaac Childess (sp?) of Celophair (also sp?) Games, best known for Gloomhaven. Well, a YT video teased a GH miniatures KS, but did not name the creator. I speculated that BLG would be involved, but am looking for more info. With the BLG issues going on, and since my gaming group no longer plays GH, I dunno if I'd back such a KS. I already have the more easily miniatures proxied, and 3D printer files are available for the miniatures.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, ced1106 said:

More drama. Brady Sadler is no longer working as a full-time employee for BLG, but is still working part-time and as a contractor. He's now working at LuckyDuck games, (although dunno how lucky they are with the Sadler curse!). At BLG, the Sadler Brothers have been working more as project managers than game designers (BLG's last projects were not designed by them), and I understand that the more work you do at the business level means less time for game design. The little known Hoghead publishing (Baron Munschausen is a fine storytelling game, if you don't have time for an RPG) 's owner closed down his company because he spent half or more of the day working on the business, when he wanted to do game design work. Adam Sadler, the miniatures guy, is still fine with project management work, so has not left BLG. See the KS comments for more info.

From Altar Quest, you probably know that the Sadler Brothers know Isaac Childess (sp?) of Celophair (also sp?) Games, best known for Gloomhaven. Well, a YT video teased a GH miniatures KS, but did not name the creator. I speculated that BLG would be involved, but am looking for more info. With the BLG issues going on, and since my gaming group no longer plays GH, I dunno if I'd back such a KS. I already have the more easily miniatures proxied, and 3D printer files are available for the miniatures.

Is Hogshead really little known?  They published "Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay" for years.

If you're talking about James Wallis, I was weirdly just reading up on him.  For their holiday special, NADDpod did a 5E conversion (in a way) of "Metal City Mayhem", the Sonic the Hedgehog game book Wallis wrote in the 90s...and they repeatedly died brutally on every time they played it as written when they did it for their older podcast, "8-Bit Bookclub"

11 hours ago, Adrift said:

I wish we could create an online database of peoples that should be avoided on crowdfunding. 

Well, we have the "How's your KS list doing" thread, which I've found very useful. That said, even companies that have sold product retail (eg. Super Dungeon Explore) have had problematic projects. Maybe "retail companies that were around before KS and are using KS but don't have to" would be about the only whitelist: Reaper, PEG, SJG, maybe CMON. Of course, this means you'll be kicking yourself when you skip a project and it gets delivered, and, at least philosophically, strays from the purpose of KS. 🙁

10 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

If you're talking about James Wallis,

Oops! Yeah. Glad someone else here knows about him! 😀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Well, we have the "How's your KS list doing" thread, which I've found very useful. That said, even companies that have sold product retail (eg. Super Dungeon Explore) have had problematic projects. Maybe "retail companies that were around before KS and are using KS but don't have to" would be about the only whitelist: Reaper, PEG, SJG, maybe CMON. Of course, this means you'll be kicking yourself when you skip a project and it gets delivered, and, at least philosophically, strays from the purpose of KS. 🙁

Oops! Yeah. Glad someone else here knows about him! 😀

I would put Catalyst Games and 2nd Dynasty on this White List too.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I would put Catalyst Games and 2nd Dynasty on this White List too.

Probably Mantic, too. And Kobold Press, when it comes to RPG stuff.

In my opinion, STL KS are much safer than physical minis, as in many cases the minis are already done and you get them a few weeks after the campaign ends. There are cases when the stretch goals exploded and the whole thing takes far longer than expected, but in that case, you usually get partial rewards. No problems with shipping rates (or pewter shortage).

• Like 4