Blacklist Miniatures: Fantasy Series 1

SamuraiJack

16 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

It is 14 months overdue, not ‘almost 2 years.’

I agree with the rest, though. No more money to BLG until I have everything I’ve already pledged for. 

And maybe (probably) not even then. 

Yes, you’re right! That’s what I get for my memory. Either way, it’s way past due and my enthusiasm for this brand is nil. 

• Like 2

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> But yeah, the list of miniature companies that use KS, that I trust, has pretty firmed up.  

Do you already have such a list in the "How is your KS doing" thread? I'm sure that would help others reduce their KS risk!

(oops! More double posts! 😛

Looks like no bad news for the Horror KS. Guessing that this overseas investor funded shipping for that project as well...

Edited by ced1106
  • Haha 2

“Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit Tuesday in California Central District Court on behalf of Cards Against Humanity. The complaint, which brings claims against Blacklist Games in connection with a fulfillment services agreement, claims that the defendant owes more than $236,000 for storage, packaging, shipping and related services. Counsel have not yet appeared for the defendant. The case is 8:22-cv-00283, Cards Against Humanity, LLC v. Blacklist Games, LLC.”

The case filing: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dockets.justia.com/docket/california/cacdce/8:2022cv00283/844647%3famp

More can be found in the comments of Update #67 (February 25th, 2022).
This was supposedly settled out of court and dismissed without prejudice (meaning suit can be brought again). If in fact it was settled, that likely means at the least BLG is promising to pay them via a payment plan. It is possible it was just dismissed and not settled, as apparently the fees in question are for a KS fulfillment that CAH completely bungled (losing product, etc.) But, that’s BLG’s side of the story… I don’t really trust their word anymore.

Today’s update offered all FS1 backers the Lasting Tales rules PDF for free. I suspect this will be the only reward I ever receive. BLG is completely out of money.

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Sad 1

That’s my concern based on the KS comments on their latest ‘update’. Assuming QML does have the product, will they legally be able to ‘sell’ or ‘auction’ our miniatures off to recoup holding costs?

2 hours ago, Adrift said:

That’s my concern based on the KS comments on their latest ‘update’. Assuming QML does have the product, will they legally be able to ‘sell’ or ‘auction’ our miniatures off to recoup holding costs?

They would have to sue BLG and be granted a judgement first, but it is possible things could end up there. 

I went in on this as one of my first ever Kickstarters. It is disappointing currently, but for some reason I have faith.

That and the money I put down 2 years ago doesn't bother me now, because I've at least learned a lesson: be more careful with my mini investing.

Which has brought me here, to Reaper. 🙂

• Like 4

On 4/1/2022 at 11:54 PM, BlazingTornado said:

This is such a clusterkerfuffle and I'm having a hard time keeping up with what is going on now.

Quarter Master Logistics has the containers, and possibly the payment to ship goods. The payment was provided by an overseas "investor" whose paperwork has gone through. Last I heard, it's not clear why the stuff hasn't been shipped, but possibly because it's such a larger order compared to other KS rewards.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:33 AM, Adrift said:

Assuming QML does have the product, will they legally be able to ‘sell’ or ‘auction’ our miniatures off to recoup holding costs?

Depends on the contracts, I guess. IMO, It's not in QML's best interests to disappoint KS backers and creators. QML seems to specialize in KS fulfillment, and has fulfilled BLG games before. By selling off a creator's goods, they risk damaging their reputation. Of course, they may no longer have a relationship with BLG after fulfillment, and BLG may end up using a fulfillment that's less reputable than QML.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Just to be clear, is this referring to the first or second ks minis they received at QML?

This is for Blacklist Fantasy Series 1, which had EU and Asian delivery and will likely never be delivered in the Americas.

I doubt Lasting Tales (or Horror) will ever be delivered anywhere but they're still in the design process according to them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Thanks for the link.

"the Chinese government had begun imposing strict COVID-related lockdowns throughout the country once again."

I've sorta been following the Covid lockdowns in China and even Tesla has been affected. Pretty obviously, the current world situation has KS projects manufactured in China (and Russia) riskier and more expensive. I doubt we're going to find plastic manufacturing prices that were as low as China pre-pandemic. I'm still finding bargains retail, though.

April article on China's lockdowns: https://www.axios.com/shanghai-lockdowns-covid-6ab7b5aa-b377-4814-98f6-1b312d7c56de.html

FS1 is supposed to be at QML in Orlando…but who knows if BLG knows how to be honest about anything. The Sadler brothers are nil to me. Any company with whom they’re associated is a hard pass for me (cough,cough) Lucky Duck Games…(cough).