Blacklist Miniatures: Fantasy Series 1

SamuraiJack

On 6/9/2021 at 10:40 AM, Lidless Eye said:

Sorry, I meant it in a way of that I had completely forgotten I had backed this and 2 at this point, plus it's looking like it will hit around the same time as Bones V so I know which one is going on a box, on a shelf.

image.png.773ae6739068bf18bc018beaabbe623a.png

Yeah, myself and four other backers haven’t backed any of their follow up kickstarters since this one. None of us are willing to spend money if we don’t have the first ones in our hands. If their latest update is correct, and this arrives around the same time as Bones V, these figures will most assuredly just sit in a box until I decide to sort them. My Bones V will absolutely take precedent. 

• Like 2

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/3/2021 at 1:12 AM, Lidless Eye said:

It feels like they keep backtracking in where USA shipping is at

Well I'm back to "they really like to throw their partners under the bus" because apparently this is echoing what they say on every project and their shipping partner

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/blacklist-miniatures-fantasy-series-1/posts/3226759

I mean, what do you expect them to do? The shipping world is in chaos. They’ve hired a company to handle the shipping, and they are forwarding changing info on changing situations as they can. It’s not BLG’s fault that the global shipping situation is what it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I mean, what do you expect them to do? The shipping world is in chaos. They’ve hired a company to handle the shipping, and they are forwarding changing info on changing situations as they can. It’s not BLG’s fault that the global shipping situation is what it is. 

Not including passive-aggressive things like this would help.

"With all the congestion, container shortages, and the port closures due to COVID outbreaks, ocean freight right now is plagued with delays and skyrocketing prices; but, we and QML are doing everything we can to get these games to you guys as fast as we can without having to charge you, our backers, more (yes, prices have increased but we have paid those costs out of pocket)."

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, what is the quality of these minis?  I nearly pulled the trigger and then thought, that's a lot of minis that i don't have any reference on if they are good, need assembly, or have poor casting detail.  Anyone have these? 

I’m thankful my gaming friends and I have only backed FS1. Anything produced by BLG in the future will only be purchased by any of us via direct retail. Per the passive aggressive shipping cost write up, quoted above, my concern is that they’re taking money from newer projects to pay for the changing shipping costs. I’m confident that we will eventually get FS1, but I would not have the same confidence of any of their later projects. I could be completely wrong, and hope I am for the sake of my friends and backers, here. That or later projects will be asked to pony up more money for shipping costs. 

I don’t expect to have FS1 until December of this year, a full year off their projected delivery. 

• Like 3

It didn’t sound passive aggressive to me, it seems like they are trying to reassure folks that there won’t be any additional costs. I purchased my set as an add on for Horror Series 1, so it will be quite a while for mine to arrive. 

• Like 3

Agreed - it’s not passive aggressive, it’s really just being up front and honest with backers.

The global shipping problems are, frankly, a nightmare for companies and it’s causing massive delays and cost increases that are completely beyond their control.

A company being honest about unavoidable delays, as well as letting folks that they are eating those cost increases instead of passing them on to backers is just being up front and transparent

• Like 6

On 6/26/2021 at 4:16 AM, R2ED said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the quality of these minis?  I nearly pulled the trigger and then thought, that's a lot of minis that i don't have any reference on if they are good, need assembly, or have poor casting detail.  Anyone have these? 

They don't need assembly, overall good quality for plastic minis. They are soft plastic though and not hard plastic, as such the detail is not as crisp, there are the usual mold lines etc. For the most part I'm happy with the models, some sculpts are broccoli, but most are acceptable to good I would say. In comparison to reaper, better than old soft bones but worse than bones black.

I should have some pics a round from painted minis. Not sure if that does them any favour though, I tried some stuff on them and mostly did a rather speedy job.

OK here are some pics, the see through are mostly not painted, some with gloss some with paint on the underside of the base to give a fading color effect.

IMG_20210415_165959094-01.thumb.jpeg.eecdf7a8c1dba5eae3b58e1b301ad04f.jpeg

As you can see from the fur here, the detail is quite ok overall.

IMG_20210607_212851385_HDR-01.thumb.jpeg.97514d17742f1b8e4365cc42e9ebd9fb.jpeg

This is a scult that just sucks, the torso leg join looks weird no matter how you look at it, and the mace is strangely bent

IMG_20210516_205357699-01.thumb.jpeg.f67cced998f8eae11d602d7ee7b2682d.jpeg

My photography also does not help the look of the minis -.-

IMG_20210516_205237557_HDR-01.thumb.jpeg.f1d3ad509dbb7432e81150a62ae30f3a.jpeg

Moldlines are quite visible here, and with the soft plastic they are a broccoli to clean (which is why I didn't :)

IMG_20210415_170108973-01.jpeg

IMG_20210415_170258271-01.jpeg

IMG_20210421_214749181-01.jpeg

IMG_20210421_214825413-01.jpeg

IMG_20210524_190831914_HDR-01.jpeg

IMG_20210530_125054931_HDR-01.jpeg

IMG_20210607_212700555_HDR-01.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Those paint jobs look great MoebiusStrip. What did you do to the ghosts in the last image? Blue ink and soft light blue dry brush?

Thanks. Yeah, wash in alcohol to get color to stick properly. Then a blue wash, this was a bit fiddly as the plastic was still a bit hydrophobic, but a second selective wash fixed that. Then a slight drybrush with either pure white or a slight off white blueish color (in this cast most likely snowdrift white from reaper). Then a gloss varnish.

I should also clarify that the pastic is not soft, as in bendy but soft as in plastic cement does not work. It's actuall pretty stiff (similar to the bones black stuff).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2