Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

Murder’s Mark, Pathfinder 1e Module

It tries to AOO bite you as you attempt the grapple.  2+5-2=5 miss.

Kendrin succeeds in grappling it.

Aronen is up.

Baby dragon squirms to try to break free.

7+9-2(shaken)=14

Kendrin’s CMD 15+4(assists)=19

(the assists technically were using Aid Another, so should have rolled to attempt a combat maneuver check against CMD 10, but it didn’t matter).

It does not break free of the grapple!

Darkaya is up.  The lizard still has one more round of demoralized.

You could try to tie it up.

Yes, I will grab some rope, if none nearby, I'll use my own. I will tie up the lizard as best I can. (need a check?)

With 3 people on top of it, I’m considering it immobilized.  You can tie it up.  DC for it to get out is 20+CMB.  No check required.

It wriggles and strains and hisses for a minute, but is unable to escape by the time it’s handler arrives.  (Escape Artist 17+2=19 vs DC 22).  They put a noose-pole around its neck and lead it back to its cage.

Karl stand up and dusts himself and his coat off.  He checks it for any signs of major damage and then puts it on.

"Well, that was invigorating!  Well met, I am Karl Ritvason, and I would be proud to call such brave souls as yourselves as friends."

"I go by Kendrin Alfyr. Well met Karl Ritvason. You are very good with a tale. I must say, it has been some time since I have heard one spun so well" The elf said as he dusted himself off, keeping an eye on the lizard, ready to jump on it again should it struggle free

• Like 1

A few moments later, a rotund human man trots up panting and flushed.  “Thank you, Thank you!  Phardaen has told me how you helped us.  I’m Berthold Flavion, the master of beasts.  I am doubly in your debt for not only protecting our guests, but also for controlling our lizard without wounding it.  Please, speak with Phardaen.  But first, accept this as a token of our thanks!”  He hands Kendrin a pouch with 50 gold pieces in it.

He points out a somber looking creature sobbing on a low bench nearby, hugging his knees.

F8C14C29-761F-4053-BDAF-504E2449B721.thumb.jpeg.f4fced778900921bcc945191eddbf76e.jpeg

As you approach, the panotti raises his head.  He turns his head so his massive ears fall back behind each shoulder.  He sniffles a little.  “Hel...Hello.  You’re so brave!  Thank you for helping with our baby dragon.  I just froze, I’m not brave like you.”  He pauses.

"There is a slim line between bravery and foolishness" He said with a soft smile and a shrug, "and it is a lot easier to be brave when you find yourself surrounded by people willing and able to help"

• Like 1

"If there is one thing that I have learned in my travels, it is that bravery takes many forms.  For some it standing up to ravening beasts or worse men, for others it is tilling the soil in spite of the drought or blight so that they can provide for their families."

“Oh, but this must have been my fault, but I couldn’t fix it.  You are the brave ones who fixed my mistake.  One minute I’m sitting there watching the dragon, the next I’m getting paid a whole gold piece to wow the crowd with my acrobatic ability.  Next thing I know, the dragon is loose.  And I’m too scared to try to put him back in his cage!”  He starts sobbing again.

"oh? I didn't know you where an acrobat, I used to be quite good at that sort of thing myself....how interesting.... And while you did your little show, somehow the dragon got out of it's cage?" He said, before looking to the others to see if they find that little bit of information as suspicious as he does. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this