Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

PAINTING the PANDEMIC CHALLENGE by Glitterwolf.

Okay people, we have a pandemic on our hands, we're all affected by it in some way.

I hereby put out a challenge to all of you:

Paint a mini, build a diorama, print a 3D print, draw something, whatever you feel like that has to do with either the current pandemic or an earlier plague/disaster.

You could go realistic or fantasy/scifi/ pulp style.

Make it a tribute to those who fight the virus or show the horrors of a plague in a medieval setting.

It's up to you

Examples:

• Medical Staff
  • Empty street diorama
  • People in hazmat suits
  • Police/firefighters
  • People in lockdown
  • Hoarders/looters
  • Plague victims
  • Plague doctors

No rewards here, just for the sake of creativity.

If you can't paint right now but have a suitable piece to show you did earlier, post it.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, let's try to at least fight the loniless and fear by being creative with it.

Post as many stuff as you like.

No rules only that it has to has something to do with a pandemic/plague/ disaster from your point of view.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 16

The only thing I have that is close to any of those options is a medic from Infinity. Is that close enough?

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

The only thing I have that is close to any of those options is a medic from Infinity. Is that close enough?

Sure, go ahead, it's the thought that counts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I did this lovely guy because of and during all this wonderful horribleness, but will try to come up with something fresh for the contest.  Thinking 3d printed Silent Hill nurse...  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wish I could resist a challenge... but my mind flashes to Nethyrmaul hooked up to an IV and a ventilator and a doctor or nurse below saying "I think we caught it in time..." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Count me in, once I get my doc & nurse painted up for my FLGS online contest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll get something painted up, I have some clerics/healers prepped and ready to go.

What I really wish is I had a Thorbowski (aka fat Thor from Endgame) mini, because that's how I'm going to end up looking at the end of lockdown.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Awesome!

Thanks all, I didn't have time to post my own ( older) stuff.

Will do that later.

I'm glad you all participating.

@Kangaroorex you need to make that happen, it's an awesome idea!

• Like 2

I painted this one a few years ago, took new pics for this thread.

Since I'm still arranging my new hobby room it will be a while before I paint new stuff.

But here she is.

Freebooter Miniatures - Sister of Mercy.

I painted her uniform in the colours of the uniform my girl wears ( homecare) and I also gave the mini the same hair colour as my girl.

20200418_204001.jpg

20200418_204007.jpg

20200418_204014.jpg

20200418_204041.jpg

20200418_204045.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 14

Succesfully printed my first 3D print!

Agent Anthrax will soon see paint.

20200425_145230.jpg

20200425_150459.jpg

• Like 9