Sign in to follow this  
prophetic_joe

Quarantine TV Binge

What has everyone been binging on during this lockdown time? Myself it's mainly been Friends and the Harry Potter movies but I plan to binge the Last Kingdom again soon since the new season drops at the end of the month. What good shows are you all watching? Anyone planning on watching The Last Kingdom as well? 

• Like 4

I don't watch much tv, but I've been watching more pro 'rasslin then anything. Thou mostly the re-runs of old Wrestlemanias. I can't watch the no crowd stuff. I use to be big into pro-wrestling (80s to 90s) but kinda lost interest in it.

• Like 4

I rewatched the Expanse. Now I'm watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

• Like 6

I've seen all seasons of Forged in Fire, except season 2, (My Get box gives me a week of replays, and sason 2 hasn't been on recently. ) 

But honestly, with work, messing with my printers, the mill, and so on, I only have time for 1 - 2 hours of TV in the evening. 

• Like 5

I recently started to watch Critical Role Campaign 1 (Vox Machina) on Youtube. Since it's being turned into an animated series, I wanted to be more familiar with the characters.

15 episodes down, 100 to go (not counting one shot specials).

I was already following the second campaign (Mighty Nein), but had already caught up with all the episodes until the pandemic hit and put things on hold. Besides, I also normally wait until they add the subtitles to better follow the series.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4

Wife and I are binging on "Brooklyn 99" while we wait for the last episode of "Devs". 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, prophetic_joe said:

What has everyone been binging on during this lockdown time? Myself it's mainly been Friends and the Harry Potter movies but I plan to binge the Last Kingdom again soon since the new season drops at the end of the month. What good shows are you all watching? Anyone planning on watching The Last Kingdom as well? 

New Last Kingdom? Hadn't heard about it but will be happy when it comes out. With my one son we're watching Harry Potter too. I'm also watching Shadow Hunters by myself.

• Like 3

Been clearing out my watchlist on Netflix. I watched Wu Assassins (not bad, good action), the second season of Kingdom, the first season of Doctor Foster (British show), and I will most definitely be watching the next season of the Last Kingdom. Have you read the book series they are based on? Highly recommend them.

I've also been binging on a pub quiz show from the UK called The Big Fat Quiz of _____ (where it's either of "the Year", "the Decade" or "Everything" in the blank). Good exercises to see if I can remember what happened... and to see if I can understand the various accents across Britain. ::P:

3 hours ago, haldir said:

I don't watch much tv, but I've been watching more pro 'rasslin then anything. Thou mostly the re-runs of old Wrestlemanias. I can't watch the no crowd stuff. I use to be big into pro-wrestling (80s to 90s) but kinda lost interest in it.

Do you watch AEW? It's good stuff. They lack some things, but as a man who spent several formulative years in the south with WCW as the major brand, it brings back good memories. Plus, since a lot of them are smaller than the average WWE wrestler, they have some very diverse athletes.

• Like 4

Not really binging but with working from home we do get to watch something at lunch and with Picard done and Discovery not out yet, we've started rewatching the remake of Battlestar Gallactica.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Been clearing out my watchlist on Netflix. I watched Wu Assassins (not bad, good action), the second season of Kingdom, the first season of Doctor Foster (British show), and I will most definitely be watching the next season of the Last Kingdom. Have you read the book series they are based on? Highly recommend them.

I've also been binging on a pub quiz show from the UK called The Big Fat Quiz of _____ (where it's either of "the Year", "the Decade" or "Everything" in the blank). Good exercises to see if I can remember what happened... and to see if I can understand the various accents across Britain. ::P:

Do you watch AEW? It's good stuff. They lack some things, but as a man who spent several formulative years in the south with WCW as the major brand, it brings back good memories. Plus, since a lot of them are smaller than the average WWE wrestler, they have some very diverse athletes.

I finally caught a little bit of it last night. Weds being one of my FLGS nights I don't see what's on tv. Last night I was just channel surfing & came across a match. Overall it felt like a old WCW production. Monday Night Nitro was what a friend & I would watch every week.

• Like 5

Rewatching all the Harry Potter movies.

Binging on BBC History Programs on You Tube.

Getting caught up on The Curse of Oak Island.

Daily rations of Green Acres and Hogan's Heroes.

GEM

• Like 3

Not really binge watching, but we've got season 1 of Endeavor, and season 1 of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.  Both have been excellent. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, haldir said:

Last night I was just channel surfing & came across a match. Overall it felt like a old WCW production. Monday Night Nitro was what a friend & I would watch every week.

It definitely does, which I personally like. On their Youtube channel they run a show called AEW Dark, which is all the dark matches that they didn't air on the live broadcast. The show is usually between 30-50 minutes long, and so far has between 20 and 30 episodes. Worth checking out if you are interested in seeing more of what they offer.

• Like 4

Been rewatching Frasier for the umpteenth time in my life. The TV version of comfort food. I'm boring. Have been moving slowly through Westworld for the first time tho. It's okay I guess. Picked up the last couple seasons of True Detective but haven't started in on it yet.

Was kinda thinking about starting SG-1 again.

Actually somehow have been watching a whole lot less TV over the last couple weeks. Music and books up, TV down. I'unno.

• Like 6

started watching Buffy again. 

skipped season 1 completely and any episode I rember as terrible. 

I own all the DVDs so just dug them out of the basement.

elderspawn is still dead set against trying it again.  ahwell.

there are some good episodes and an awful lot of funny. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1