Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Time for the next in line for Bones I.
Aina, Female Valkyrie. I will paint the metal version concurrently. I already pinned the weapon hand on the metal version, and pinned the arm for the shield. I’ll apply the shield later. The Bones version still has a ton of detail, so I suspect these will take a while. Planning Red/Gold for metal version (her shield is a little Romanesque), and Blue/White for the Bones version.
Next in line: 77049, Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger.
I tried priming with a 1:1 mix of Blue Liner:White Brush On Primer. There were a few mold lines and casting valleys that showed up. I put a layer of Brush On Sealer on them. We’ll see how that worked.
I only saw one thread about crackle paste when I searched these forums.
So, I’m going to share how it’s going for me.
I started with washed and dried 1” and 2” Reaper Bases.
I put this garbage on a 2 inch base first.
Don’t buy it. I got it at Hobby Lobby at the time because they were out of Folk Art.
To be clear, this is Crackle Medium.
It is meant to be painted on a primed or rough surface I guess, and painted thin. I put it on kind of thick. It didn’t crackle at all!
So, I got a tub of this stuff on Amazon.
The directions state “put over a thin layer of PVA glue.” Pfft, who has time for that extra step?
Here is the result on a washed but otherwise un prepped set of bases.
So, the surface needs something for crackle paste to work right.
This is a 1” base with a thin layer of PVA glue.
This is a 1” base with just hitting it with 220 grit sandpaper and washing it again.
I also used the 2” base with dried crackle medium on it. Not pictured.
This is a 2” base covered in black brush on primer.
Here is the result on the 2” base over dried crackle medium. It was hard to get the stuff into a uniform layer, as the medium created a very hydrophobic surface, so the paste slides around too easy.
Taking a hiatus on the Mocking Beast.
Trying to gain some victory in numbers on my Bonesium Horde. I have completed the beetle swarms, spider swarms, and skeletons without WIP.
I’m going to do the goblins now. I plan two batches: one yellow/ochre, and the other tangerine. Some nice “non-Greenskins.”
Several of these required boiling. Some are still leaning. The spears are straighter. One of these was the beneficiary of a weapon swap. I had given Danar, Male Assassin 77030 his shield for a spiked shield. In return, we have a dual wielding goblin!
This one is next in line. He needs a better base.
This is a standard Reaper 1 inch base. And a sheet of embossed styrene cobblestone, for model railroading. I superglued it on, trimmed around it with an X-Acto, then sanded it down to 800 grit. Any gap left is going to get the Brush On Sealer treatment to deal with the seam. After this I just superglued the Mocking Beast on. No pin.