Darcstaar

Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv, Pathfinder 1e

34 for my roll.

I ask Aerys how she is feeling today & if I can get her anything.

I'll take 10 on my Dip check.

OOC you may take 10 for diplomacy when not in combat.  

You can’t take 20 on Diplomacy due to the downside of failing by 5 or more.

Because having less than a +5 Diplomacy mod is risky for failing by 5 or more, most people with a low mod end up rolling.

Aerys wakes up with the shakes again.  She is giving you the “you know what I need, why ask?” Look.  “Please, another drink!”  She stretches her trembling, sweaty hand out toward you with an empty cup.

I will pour her anther.

"You know, once we run out of this stuff, we are either gonna have a problem, or the start of a solution." Scraps says with a smile as he hands the cup back to her. "So why the drink? Bad memories, bad deal, dragons?"

% roll: 59

Sabine checks in with Sasha and spends time telling her about all that she observed about the dinosaur.

"I spend a lot of time out on my own, well, just me Rika.  But even with that, this would seem overwhelming but for the fact that I have you and the others to keep me company.  I have no doubt that between us all that we will find a way out of our current predicament.  We just need to to be patient and keep taking one step at a time."

Diplomacy: Take 10+8=18.

Sabine will also search around the camp looking for some sort of edible berry suitable to use for the Goodberry spell.  If not, she will make sure to keep an eye out on future travels.  If found she will Use Goodberry and reserve them for the next day to help stretch food supplies. (number of berries enchanted 2d4=8!)

Does Sasha seem to be particularly bothered by insects (based upon the rolls vs disease)?  If so, Sabine has two doses of Vermin Repellent.  Would that perhaps assist Sasha and help to improve her morale?  Or does Sabine know of any natural/herbal remedies to ward off insects?

So, I had mentioned it earlier, but once friendly, no more diplomacy checks are needed for the NPCs.  

Aerys and Ichirou are the ones who need diplomacy checks.  Since you can focus on just trying to get these two to “come around,” you can team up a little better.

The aid another action is a roll against DC 10.  You can’t take 10 to aid another.  If successful, it grants a +2 bonus.

After Sasha has gotten a lot of attention, she finally musters the courage to ask “if you see any more of the dimorphodon dinosaurs, especially smaller or younger, I would be in your debt if you could bring me one...alive.  I’d like to try to train it to be my animal companion!”

You can find some berries for the good berry spell.

Sasha isn’t particularly prone to or perturbed by bugs.  It’s just the environmental risk

• Like 1

Percentile roll of 85 so I don't hold the group up (ooc: busy day; too many meetings and my wife is starting a new job)

• Like 1

Jan will agree to bring back a live dino if at all possible to do so. Thinking to himself that giving Sasha something outside of herself to worry over it might help draw her out of her slump. 

• Like 1

Arune helps get dinner together then when everyone is starting to settle down gets together with Gelik for a little comedy routine mostly playing the straight man and eventually concluding with slapstick as Arune pulls out an instrument and Gelik (and any others who want to play along) realize what they are about to be subjected to and go chasing around the camp until Arune lets himself get caught and the instrument is once again put away 'to keep it safe'.  At that point Gelik and Arune flop down by the center of camp and swap a few stories, including complaints about being too short to see over most countertops.

• Like 1

Ok.

I need to know if anyone is going to assist on Aerys diplomacy roll, I need diplomacy for Ishirou, and I need to know if day 3 is more exploring, or all camp duties.  Agreeing to help Sasha with her curiosity about the Dino will help with her next morale check.

Sasha is still too frightened to contribute.

Jask is doing medic duty.

Gelik is entertaining.

Aerys can switch from guard to entertainer, bringing the bonus for tomorrow’s Morale check to +4.

Ishirou is unfriendly. If diplomacy helps him, he can contribute too.

OOC: (Do Arune's antics count as assisting in the diplomacy?  More importantly, will his antics help with the moral roles for all of them.

also, isn't there 1 more step to the diplomacy chart to bring people to Helpful or did I miss the reason we cant get there yet?  )

After talking a while with Gelik for a while Arune comes over to Ichirou and asks about his sword and its history. He will try and draw him into the group talking about his cousins exploits and asking where he's been and what he's done, big golden froggy eyes looking up adoringly at his every word. (diplomacy 19+1=20 when the frog gets a good diplomacy score, its worth a little storytelling... any other bonuses are welcome ::D:)