Darcstaar

Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv, Pathfinder 1e

Diplomacy:

Hostile, Unfriendly, Indifferent, Friendly, Helpful.  In this AP, you can’t get them past Friendly without doing something special for them.

Arune’s antics can help with Diplomacy.  However, the Morale check bonus from performing as an Entertainer requires doing that role for a whole 8 hour day.

In reality any of you can say “I’ll try to change X’s attitude with a diplomacy check” without any role play text.  The same goes for Aid Another action to assist with a diplomacy check.  The role play text is for you to be able to play the character, show us who they are and what makes them tick, and can also bring a bonus or penalty if you “say the right thing” or “bring up a sore subject.”  Finally, it is possible that gifts and actions can affect Attitude and Morale.

If Arune wants to use his antics to Aid Another on Scraps’ Diplomacy check, that’s fine.  Give me a roll.  I’m waiting to respond to Scraps’ line of questioning based on that outcome.

Ishirou seems a bit mesmerized by the big froggy eyes.  His gruff demeanor finally cracks a little.  He draws his sword to show it to you.  He smiled at first, showing several rotted sailor teeth.  As he looks at it, he frowns.  He lets you take a close look at the sword, but is protective of it, so you can’t touch it.  “Sadly, this all Ishirou has of Tian heritage.  But not heirloom.  Gift from prior employer.  Have nothing from family.”  He pauses, sighs deeply, then continues.  “Ishirou father was owner of fishing boat.  When younger, Ishirou afraid to be stuck to that boat, that life, that village forever.  Then father die on boat from fire.”  His eyes well up and he swallows hard.  “Ishirou run away, thought be free of boats and have different life.  Ironic Ishirou been on different ships as sailor ever since!”  He casts a glance at Aerys.  “She intriguing woman.  So much love for boats and ocean.  I think Ishirou been sailor much longer, but not same feeling toward sailing.”  His eyes linger on her a little longer, then he returns his attention to you.  He shifts gears and takes the time to point out the parts of his sword:  “Handle-Tsuki.  Metal guard-Tsuba.  Metal collar above and below Tsuba-Fuchi and Habaki.  Water mark from differential heat treatment-Hamon.  Blade-Nagasa.  Tip-Kissaki.”  After another moment he bows to you, picks up the sword gently with one hand on the handle and another on the tip, bows to it until it touches his forehead, then puts it back in its saya (scabbard).  Many great honorable warriors in my country soul in this type of sword.  Great warriors called Samurai.  Ishirou family not serve nobility.  Ishirou never be Samurai...

Ichirou is now Indifferent.

Arune's roll for aid another for Scraps is 10+1=11.

OOC: apparently my dice are doing the just enough work to succeed thing ::D:, at least they are working for me and not against me!

"It's a beautiful weapon.  I hope its edge remains keen and protects you.  I would be careful around Aerys and give her what comfort you can.  She's having a really rough time since we were cast up here and she doesn't look so well.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help and I will do my best!"

As for the next day:  I think we should explore, either down to that wreck on the east or start making progress out to the west and around the shiv.  We have food and support from our campers to keep the camp running for a day or three while we lay out the land.  I would also like to find a more permanent location.  One serious tropical storm and we're toast.

That is enough help to get Aerys' roll above 16, her DC.  There was a bonus for "treating" her with alcohol.

She chats with Scraps.  "Scraps, was it.  Listen.  I must thank you for helping me with my problem.  Please be discreet with the others.  I started out five years ago with a twinkle in my eye, a head full of dreams, and a strong heart.  I hoped to rise up the ranks and captain my own ship one day.  But after a while I realized this is a man's world, sailing.  No one is willing to give a lady a shot.  I kept getting the crummiest jobs, swabbing decks so that these scurvy dogs can look down my blouse or pinch my rump.  I got fed up with it.  Now, as soon as any salty dog mentions my looks, flirts, makes advances, etc... I flip my lid and beat the snot out of them.  It got to a point that as soon as I got a posting, I would just stay in my quarters and drink away my free time.  I hate that this is what I've become.  My hopes were so big.  I know I could make a great ship captain loved and respected by my crew.  But, now I don't know that I'll ever get a chance."  

She grits her teeth.  "I don't know, Scraps.  Are you considered overly attractive by your kind?  Do you know what I'm talking about?"

She looks down at her shaking hands, then balls them into fists.  "See, this is how I stop the shaking.  It's also how I stop the shallow scalawags in their tracks when the mistake me for a floozy.  But I want to get better.  I don't want the bottle to chase me forever.  Please, if you can find a plant called a Viper Nettle, I've heard their berries can cure alcoholism.  If you find that plant, bring me the berries so I can get this sweet, sweet monkey off my back!"

Aerys is Friendly.  She has shared with you her quest.

So we awake the following morning and Arune gets up early to study his spells and get breakfast ready, bringing some morning tea out to the last watch to see if anything happened in the night.

Edited by Kangaroorex

Scraps tells Aerys "I'm just average looking person for my race, bu then again it helps me more then being an attractive person. Besides, I'd rather be "just one of the crowd" vs someone that stood out so well."

"I'm sure you would make a fine ship captain. Heck if anything it sounds like you've found a role for when we try to get off this rock, that is if we can find a working ship!"

"I will try to find this plant for you, m'lady. No one needs to feel like they are chained."

With that he will do a courtesy bow & will go about his business.

"Shipwreck sounds good to me, who knows what we might find on it!"

Voting shipwreck and discovering what is out at the point before moving deeper inland.  May as well know what's behind us

9D2FEC8C-5E62-4EC2-9E9F-8FA237A37091.jpeg.1a331c49229d387a805de94612b6f3a4.jpeg

You decide to leave a little earlier, 7am.  You make it to the shipwreck by 10, using your prior trailblazing to inform you of a faster route.

The ship is old and battered, leaning against the cliffy coastline.  You can climb down to it with a 20 foot climb.  You see some significant hull damage along the bottom.  The sails are long-since tattered.