Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv, Pathfinder 1e

Darcstaar

24EBC5C6-FCCE-4B62-92BD-6E0403FDB68B.jpeg.68f23eb8cc0ae079b8c6c42d24e2d749.jpeg

So, this is my Mac home screen.  I envision much of the Shiv’s coastline to look like this, but more trees on the inland parts.

054A99D4-B55B-4D50-9FAC-96E6BB9BD8BD.jpeg.952b7cec3a96af1e134b24aa45028b6d.jpeg

You all approach the tip.  You’re on a small game trail coming in from I-29.  You see a large tree with a trunk 5 feet in diameter.  A large nest is built into branches 40 feet up.  A single large Dimorphodon is visible in the nest.  Climbing the tree is probably not too difficult.

Everyone make a Perception check.

There are some light undergrowth bushes, some boulders, and a downed tree log.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see... a tree.  Nat 1+3 is a 4.  

On the other hand food will probably keep one quiet.  If we distract mama I can slip up there grab one and shimmy back down before any of them notice anything amiss.  

Or we can be a threat that should get mama down here and when mama's gone we can just climb up and grab junior.  The goal is to make sure mama doesn't kill junior by stepping on him or something.  What about a silent giant bird of prey casting a shadow across the nest?  I was going to use my silent image to help with mapping but this will work too...

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 1

"Perhaps I should contact with other spirits of than that of the healing variety.  There are several that would be useful in this situation.  Something to consider when next I commune with them.  I can temporarily calm them for a brief time.  I don't know if taking one of the young would break the charm on them.  I do know that attacking them would."

Calm Animals

Source PRPG Core Rulebook pg. 252
School enchantment (compulsion) [emotion, mind-affecting]; Level druid 1, hunter 1, psychic 1, ranger 1, shaman 1

Casting

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

Effect

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets animals within 30 ft. of each other
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

Description

This spell soothes and quiets animals, rendering them docile and harmless. Only ordinary animals (those with Intelligence scores of 1 or 2) can be affected by this spell. All the subjects must be of the same kind, and no two may be more than 30 feet apart. The maximum number of HD of animals you can affect is equal to 2d4 + caster level.

The affected creatures remain where they are and do not attack or flee. They are not helpless and defend themselves normally if attacked. Any threat breaks the spell on the threatened creatures.

• Like 1