Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Citadel Female thief with dagger and bag, FA17

3 hours ago, Citrine said:

Very pretty red hair and her face is amazing for being so tiny. 

Thank you Citrine!  As I looked at the photos I found a blazing error, I thought she had a big ear, but that looks like it’s actually supposed to be her hair.  I’m getting kind of tempted to fix it. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Thank you Citrine!  As I looked at the photos I found a blazing error, I thought she had a big ear, but that looks like it’s actually supposed to be her hair.  I’m getting kind of tempted to fix it. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

I disagree.  It looks perfectly in line to be her ear, and it swoops immediately down instead of back with the rest of her hair.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Nah, looks like ear to me.  Great bright work.

So maybe she just has big ears?

6 hours ago, strawhat said:

I disagree.  It looks perfectly in line to be her ear, and it swoops immediately down instead of back with the rest of her hair.

I usually get up early and paint so I might give her another look over tomorrow morning. 

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Love the hair!

Fiery red!

• Like 1

I like your mini a lot, well done. I agree that the part in question is ear not hair.

I always imagine that miniatures, especially older ones are 'relieved, over-joyed, ecstatic' when they finally get painted. As if they've been rescued from some grey and lonesome fate.

:)

J--

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jsalyers said:

I like your mini a lot, well done. I agree that the part in question is ear not hair.

I always imagine that miniatures, especially older ones are 'relieved, over-joyed, ecstatic' when they finally get painted. As if they've been rescued from some grey and lonesome fate.

:)

J--

She’s got to be thrilled then beyond measure because she’s been sitting around probably since about 1984!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

Another oldie brought to life!  Really like the clean colors and her 80s eyeshadow!

Thanks Iridil!  Just because she's going dungeoneering, doesn't mean she can't look pretty!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Tere Reaperlased! 
      So here's another miniature from the days gone by, a Julie Guthrie Female Giant, originally in her All Things Dark and Dangerous line.  This is apparently version two of the miniature.  The first one I painted maybe a year or so ago, a more primitive looking hill giant lady, who has always been one of my favorite figures Julie has sculpted along with her female centaur

Julie Guthrie Hill Giant

Julie Guthrie Centaurs

Anyhoos, here she is:

and then afterwards a comparison photo so you can see her against one of her contemporaries, a female mage:

once again, color choice was so hard and I have no idea where the inspiration for purple hair came from. I think it was due to the fact that she wasn't a earth-tone hill giant, but a little more civilized. And we all know most civilized women have purple hair. 

Anyhows, hope you enjoy!

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! After seeing @Kangaroorex Grenadier 9601, Black Dragon, I decided it was time for me to salvage mine from the shelf of shame. Thanks for the motivation Kangaroorex. This model was sculpted by William Watt in 1988. Unfortunately, the one I bought some years ago had a few battle scars. It has a broken horn and a broken wing claw. Its main tail stinger and tongue were also broken. As a reference, the base is 75mm wide.

• By MoonglowMinis
      The last of my player characters I painted up for Frostrun is Ophelia Pokitz, a young halfling with sticky fingers.  They're represented here by Bailey Silverbell.

Ophelia was a fun mini as well.  Was my first time painting a humanoid with large facial features, which made it a lot easier to bring definition to the nose, lips, and eyes.  I think I even hit the cheeks with a bit of blush.  I also had fun trying to make their cloak look like it was made of fur.  The result is acceptable, but might also just look snow covered.  You can be the judge.  I also enjoyed painting a rogue that was both colorful, but subdued.  The dark greens and magentas add some much needed life to the otherwise dark mini, in my opinion.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

Ophelia Pokitz is what you would call a troubled teen.  Orphaned at a young age, Ophelia spent much of their childhood passing from orphanage to orphanage, always finding a way to get kicked out.  They eventually left the system and struck out on their own, traveling to some of the larger cities in search of a better life.  Over the years, Ophelia has learned to use their small size and tiny hands to "reposes" any valuables that aren't bolted down.  This habit has put them on a wanted list in many towns across the countryside.  Pushed further north, Ophelia has found themselves in the town of Harpy's Hearth.  Ignorant of their southern reputation, and full of gold-carrying adventurers, this could be a great place for Ophelia to catch a break and line their own pockets.  It could also be a great place to find a new family.  If they can survive the darkness to come.

Read their story and check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.
    • By Pingo
      Happy birthday, @TheAuldGrump and @Inarah. I hope you enjoy this. Notes follow after the photos.

This is Grenadier’s Hippogriff, #138 from the Fantasy Lords series way back in 1983, now sold in lead-free pewter by Mirliton Miniatures, Italy. It’s well sculpted, with securely fitting wings.

I wanted to paint something different from the common hippogriff colorings, something with a little challenge to it. So I decided to go with several black and white patterned creatures. The front end is based on an osprey, the wings on a hoopoe’s, and the hindquarters on a zebra, all somewhat modified to suit the figure and to blend where the shifts happen.

Whenever you’re going to paint a chimeric model, a creature made up of the parts of other creatures, it’s a good idea to go look at real animals to see how their colors and feathers and skins look, and also how they blend into other things. If nothing else, there are excellent visual resources on the internet.

Technical notes:

• By 72moonglum
      Hello fine fans and lovers of the Reaper Miniature World!

So today I've got two figures to post. I'd do them together, but different sculptors and different genres.

The first one is an old Julie Guthrie figure from the eighties, Woman Warrior With Two Swords.  I think she came in a box from the range "the Adventurers", which was full of female player characters.

So here she is:

In one of Anne's podcasts, she was doing non-metal metal and I'd asked her about her base colors and she suggested more grey as opposed to a blue beginning, so with this figure and her metals, I started out with Rainy Grey instead of Ashen Blue which is what I normally use.  I think she came out pretty decently, even though of course I'm never satisfied with my own work.  Such is the curse of the painter....

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy her, a very fun and basic figure.  One of the reason I like old school minis as I've mentioned before.  She strapped on her armor, grabbed her blades and took off.  No ladening herself with bags, sacks and knick knacks.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)