After watching another one of 3DPrintingPro videos I have adjusted my settings for the Elegoo Mars.

• Layer Height -0,04
  • Bottom Layer Count -5
  • Exposure Time -8
  • Bottom Exposure -55
  • Light Off Delay -10
  • Bottom Light Off Delay -10
  • BottomLift Distance -6
  • Lifting Distance-6
  • Bottom Lift Speed -45
  • Lifring Speed -45
  • Retract Speed -150

This is supposed to let the LCD cool off a few seconds while printing, it should prevent the little layer lines one can get on larger surfaces and it should prolong the LCD's Lifetime.

As it turns out the whole thing is 15 minutes longer print time than my last settings.

Also it should make the resin settle a bit before resuming printing which would make thinner parts less prone to breaking off.

We will know in about 6 hours what will happen to this baby..

image.png.93cc3af9afbaeed56f05a72b1c2ce80b.png

• Like 3
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kerilith came out great! A lot of flash around the supports, I might have overdone that, but still, she looks wonderful. Great detail on this girl.   The presupported version had f

Don't show me that You enabler!!!   Anyway.   Bat Demon was also a succes!!! I'm getting the hang of this!   Now to try to use less supports.   Also I have

Lord I love this printer!!!   The Cuetzpal Statue came out great, hollowed out and all.   The minor white spot is where a hole was and I attempted to put the plug back, I think I w

Posted Images

That is one of the videos I watched while I wait for my printer to ship. The light off delay setting has to be calculated based off of your personal lift settings.  Some manufactures don't exactly match the math, which is why he also recommended checking with a stopwatch (or phone) to make sure you actually have the light off delay that you want.  For you I have:

6mm lift / .75mm/sec + 6mm retract / 2.5mm/sec = 10.4 second cycle.

Since your light off delay is set for 10 seconds it is contained within the normal lift cycle and is actually ignored.  In order to get a delay like he recommends it needs to be 10.4 seconds + whatever you want the delay to be. And then check with a stopwatch.

• Like 1

I printed the Dimetrodon's body today as well as a Vampire from Arch Villain Games and a Giant Mushroom from Printyourmonsters, that one I scaled down a bit to make it somewhat smaller.

I will not tinker with my settings again, because now it printed perfectly.

20201223_162159.jpg

20201223_162205.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have hollowed out a mini.

Now printing and hoping it will work.

If I succeed it's not done, I will need a few more days for the rest of the parts.

First part will be done in 7 hours.

Paws crossed.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I'm still very happy with the basic Elegoo Mars.

First part of the model printed perfectly after 7 hours.

I did break a door handle but glued it back on.

Look at the detail, the inscription is perfectly printed.

Translated it says :

Always a wooden stake through the heart

20210101_181755.jpg

20210101_181804.jpg

20210101_181814.jpg

20210101_181817.jpg

20210101_181825.jpg

This is the plan

image.png.5d45e3cad7b74c7fabbed66c79514519.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

Printing the Bottom Armour piece.

It had to be aligned upright else it wouldn't fit on the build plate, resulting in a 9,5 hour printjob...

I hope I supported it right and that it will work.

Also..I have 2 spare LCD screens and 7 spare FEP films now, and about 2,5 liter of resin.

Hope it will last me a while.

I'm still worried about the time when I will need to replace the LCD.

It scares me..

In the further future I can see me buying a bigger one, a Saturn or a Phrozen maybe.

Something with a bigger build plate.

• Like 2

And after 9,5 hours..... SUCCESS!

*** Phew***

Still the top armour, the engine/ram and the vampire and gunner to print, but that's for another day.

Now curing in the nail dryer.

20210102_202705.jpg

• Like 6

Gunner and Vampire Prisoner done.

Another good print.

A tad too many supports on the back of the gunner, but that won't hurt much.

Will print the engine and the ram tomorrow.

Almost there!

I love how the vampire is nailed to that wheel and that they hung garlic around his neck!

20210103_213237.jpg

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

This is awesome!

Can't wait to see it all assembled and painted!

I love the vampire

Now thinking about the setting.

There will probably be some graveyard scenery, maybe something even more gruesome, like impaled victims/bodies etc, Vampires have been feasting?

I'll have to think about it and am open to suggestions.

I don't game, so it will be either  a small vignette/base or a larger scene.

This wagon is over 20cm long!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Design Taloc and Kroq-Gar: Lost Kingdom
      Design Tree Trunks : Artisan Guild
      Design Jungle Plants : PrintYourMonsters.
      Printed on Elegoo Mars.
      Skulls from Greenstuffworld.
      Flock from several companies.
      Water Effect: Vallejo Still Water.

Part of my Lost World Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/
      When the Reptilians go to War they often bring their Beastmasters who command vicious creatures.
      But there is one who is the most fearsome of all, Taloc the Beastmaster is a formidable warrior himself wielding his ceremonial weapons there are few who can withstand him, but his mount is the most terrifying of all.
      Her name is Kroq-Gar and she's the largest Ancient One to be found in the Lost World.
      How it came to be that she chose to bond with Taloc nobody knows, but she did and Taloc only needs a gentle touch or whispered word and Kroq-Gar will do as he pleases.
      She can swallow a human whole.
      There are other terrible creatures in the Jungle, but even the mighty Carnosaur is no match for Kroq-Gar.
      With her spiked tail and huge teeth she can kill any creature and her back is protected by a spiked boney ridge.
      Taloc made sure to protect her even further by adding golden plates to her side and a headcrest.
      When Taloc and Kroq-Gar appear on the battlefield there is no doubt who will be victor.

Many pics, hope you like her.
      Comments welcome.

• By Glitterwolf
      Design by Heroes Infinite
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Senliah the Seductress part of my Shifting Sands Project
      WIP/PROJECT HERE:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/20/#comments

The Sultan leaned back in his cushions, the room was almost dark, suddenly the fires lit up and the music started.
      Senliah stepped forth from the shadows and started her dance.
      He was enthralled, her moves, those curves, and the thrill of the danger while she danced with that large venomous serpent!
      Such a show!

Aaaahhh his friends would be delighted to see her at the banquet he would host next week.
      Senliah had agreed to perform for him alone tonight to give him a taste of what they could expect.
      The Sultan couldn't keep his eyes from her, such grace such beauty and yet a hint of danger.

Of course there were those who couldn't cope with her being so populair.
      Some even talked behind her back, spreading rumours that she danced in the forbidden Temple of Apophis!
      Rubbish! The Sultan thought, if anyone was caught spreading such gossip he would have that person beheaded, how dared they speak of such an innocent girl like that!

• By Glitterwolf
      Design by CastNPlay
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars
      Base is from MicroArtstudio.

Part of my Lost World Project.
      WIP here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/169/#comments

David Attenborough's Voice Over:

Nature can be cruel and especially so in the Jungle and Swamps of the Lost World.
      Huge predators roam this place so a smaller creature needs to be smart to survive.
      Here we can see the Common Swamp Crocodile, the poor creature would stand no chance when a T-Rex or a Spinosaurus would spot it.
      So it adapted to it's environment.

It's behaviour reminds me a bit of that of the Hermit Crab, in a similar fashion this little crocodile finds himself a piece of rotten wood, preferably a treetrunk and sticks it's head in it.
      Then it rolls around in the fertile soil so mushrooms, grass and flowers will grow on it's hide.
      This way it will be invisible to the larger predators.

Unfortunately, as we can see here, that tactic proves futile against the Amazone Warrior who is in dire need of a new purse.

• By MojoBob
      This is a miniature I've printed and painted before, Duncan Louca's Fleshwalker.

Last time, I printed it at 50% of its designed size; this time I've done it full-size — it's very big — and I've gone for a blueish colour scheme rather than the browns I used last time. I've mounted it on three big 50mm steel washers, not because it needed to be based for stability, but rather to give it a bit of weight and to shift its centre of gravity right down.

The blue skin is only modestly successful, and all the boils and sores have ended up looking more like internal molten magma or something rather than pus-filled lesions. Never mind.

As always, Sergeant Measureby is present for scale, with his Spear of 5mm Increments.
    • By Rahz
      After 10 months, I finally dusted this off and finished it in an attempt to find some hobby mojo again.  Dragon is from Artisan Guild and was printed on the elegoo Mars almost a year ago. 

Basecoated, drybrushed tan and then multiple washes layered before another quick drybrush and a final wash.  It was printed in clear green resin and the eyes and crystals on the rock were simply given a layer of Tamiya Clear Green after the mask was removed.  Crystals on the base are from Anarchy Models, again with a quick layer of Tamiya Clear green.  Reaper base with some Vallejo texture paste. 

Thanks for looking. 
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)