Sign in to follow this  
Venun

Ashana -Djinni

16 minutes ago, jsalyers said:

She seems very surreal, almost aquatic. i like it a lot.

Is this a Reaper figure?

J--

It is, sculpted by Bobby Jackson!

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

And I like that base!

@jsalyers it's from Bones IV.

Thanks! I intended to just do a cobblestone, but she deserved more :)

made the base with wood filler mostly, pre flocking

• Like 2

I really like the swirly detail you painted on the sword.  I may steal that.

Does wood filler stick to styrene plastic without problems?  I've been using high solid acrylic paste but wood filler would be less expensive.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Russell said:

I really like the swirly detail you painted on the sword.  I may steal that.

Does wood filler stick to styrene plastic without problems?  I've been using high solid acrylic paste but wood filler would be less expensive.

Thanks :) I've used it on many miniatures so far, hasn't given me issues so far. No sinking when I put the giant Baba Yaga's hut on it (pinned it just in case). 

• Like 1

From what I remember of wood filler back when I was learning furniture making, it sticks to just about anything...    

She looks like a very happy Djinn. 

You may want to add 'Djinn', 'bones 4'(or the SKU if you have it. I think there was a list of the Bones 4 SKUs posted somewhere), and your username as tags to this topic. 

Makes it easier for others to find all your show offs and so on. 

• Like 2

Her SKU is 44012, Ashana Female Genie. 

Your paintjob is beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jdizzy001 said:

Great paint job and an amazing base to boot

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Rigel said:

Love the subtle jewel-tone pastels! She is a beauty and you've done her proud.

Thank you :) I loved the idea of gemstone flowers, and it worked out :)

8 hours ago, Citrine said:

Her SKU is 44012, Ashana Female Genie. 

Your paintjob is beautiful!

Thanks ^__^

13 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

From what I remember of wood filler back when I was learning furniture making, it sticks to just about anything...    

She looks like a very happy Djinn. 

You may want to add 'Djinn', 'bones 4'(or the SKU if you have it. I think there was a list of the Bones 4 SKUs posted somewhere), and your username as tags to this topic. 

Makes it easier for others to find all your show offs and so on. 

Thanks, I added some tags :)

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ShantyShakin
      With spending more time at home, I have been able to start painting a bit more. I have chosen to focus primarily on the figures that will have applications across multiple scenarios that might come up at the gaming table. I decided I would try to knock out some of these types of figures that I wouldn't normally choose to paint with the limited amount of time I normally have...outside of a global pandemic. These types of figs are good practice, and frankly, it will be great to have these figs ready to add to the table for atmosphere, if nothing else. Imagine that there is an encounter in a city setting where these two watchmen are not engaged, either down the street or a block away,   but still on the battle map where the players can see them, it might make the tension a bit more palpable in that the scenario the party is engaged in. They might be overheard by the authorities. They will be heard of combat breaks out. IDK. Sounds like a good theory, anyway. 

I sat down to paint these guys and started finding all these little details that I had missed. That, compounded by trying a new paint brand I really wasn't familiar with, they ended up taking longer than I had anticipated. Which, in hindsight, ended up being a good lesson in patience and perseverance. Despite all that. I am happy with the result. 

I may have misled you a bit by the title as instead of using copper for the armor metallics, I thought that Vallejo Game Color Brassy Brass was a much more impactful metallic color while still being close enough to copper to make the pun work. The tabards are just RPE Miniature Paints Dark Green which is a bit thinner than I like for a base coat, but working in layers I was able to work up to a nice dark green base and then build up the highlights from there. The highlights where built up using RPE Miniature Paints Bright Green mixed in with thr Dark Green. These guys were good practice, and I got to try some free-hand on their badges, which is just a very loose interpretation of a fleur de lis. 

• By ShantyShakin
      These guys are from the Dreadmere Expansion numbers 416, 417, and 418. I thought these guys would be nice and versatile to be used as mercenaries, a sophisticated villain's professional guard, or some sinister looking city watchmen under the employ of the even more sinister looking constable. 

Fun figs to paint and were nice and quick. Practice, practice, practice. 

• By golldan
      Working on a group of Bones4 mini's and  the first two finished were a Rogue and the Halfling with a lamp... and gave me a story of the only barrier between the mayor of Hobbit town and a Master Assassin, is a lone night Watchmen...

Hope you enjoy... other images. Tried some OSL on the Halfing... I will keep trying.

Added in wrong forum. Admin please move to Show Off.
    • By Venun
      I finally got inspiration to do the Bones4 Flail Snail (trasher snail sku 44116).
      1st pic is my inspiration on the body.
      The shell I had no solid plan for, I just went with it. Turned to a wetblend of many different bright colors.

I love it, so excited about it!

Inspiration pic:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it :) 

• By golldan
      More Large Mini work... this guy could/should have been on Medium base, but he seemed better suited on a Large.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)