Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Werewolf

Bones Dungeon?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys!
I am new here, but long time hobbyist. Painted quite a few metal models, and got three big boxes of random KS Bones lying around, getting worked on, bit by bit.
I was a backer on the collaboration Reaper did with Secret Weapon, for their absolutely splendid dungeon tiles with a handsculpted mines theme: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/secretweapon/tablescapes-dungeons-modular-rpg-dungeons-by-secre/description

I have painted up a full kit of these, that are made in the Bones material. I love this material for dungeon tiles and decor, as it is just slightly soft, you wont hurt yourself accidentally on a sharp corner or scrape paint from your minis on it (as could happen with 3d printed PLA pieces..) they got just enough heft to not slide around on the table, they take paint so well that after sealing they will not chip. Not even after I throw the whole dungeon into a big box, stocked tightly for stocking or transport anything is damaged.. I could go on, but I think I gotten my point across? It would be a great thing to have more!


Also, looking at all the different expensive alternatives there exists, there is a gap in the market. There is expensive tiles, homemade tiles, and 3d printed tiles. None is very convenient for everyone. A big volyme, low price Bones Dungeon set would probably be welcome addition to the rollplayers and tabletop gamers accessories.

Is there any chance of a Bones Dungeon set being considered, at all?

 

Axel, 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Werewolf said:

Is there any chance of a Bones Dungeon set being considered, at all?

Since commercial links aren't allowed, I can't give you a direct link, but do a search for "Stones Dungeon Tiles by Frontline Games"

Mario at Frontline is a friend of the Reaperpeeps, and Stones tiles are basically Bones. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.

 

There is no dungeon set yet from Reaper, but they did some terrain in the Bones Kickstarters and some of it is already in the store.

In the latest KS which will deliver in 2021 there are quite a few sets including terrain stuff which you might like to enhance the dungeons/adventure sites.

 

Some of what is already here.

Runehorn HutHangman's GibbetGraveyard Long Fences (4)Harrowgate Graveyard SetGraveyard Short Fences (3)Graveyard EntrywayGraveyard ArchwayDungeon Decor: StalagmitesObsidian Crypt (Boxed Set)Dwarf King on ThroneTorture Equipment 2BarDungeon DressingsMystic CircleGraveyard Column (x2)Graveyard Fence GateSarcophagusSacrificial AltarTorture Equipment 1

 

 

Some of what is coming.

Gaming with the Gnomies: (Kickstarter) Reaper Bones V Mouslings!!!!image.png.5e109d9cd221eaa2981a02464006f0f2.png

 

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread - Page 568 ...image.png.4fea0ab8b43451840c2f5558369817f2.pngimage.png.94af8555a09d5ee24b8a55fa7408596c.pngimage.png.d7040430ae3844458bcc3e66ad6fdc6b.pngimage.png.59bf6f7d7341192978c521d83bb1c200.pngimage.png.0f79ff1159a09f27d2d102523bc7e303.png

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 12:52 AM, Corsair said:

Sounds like a neat idea. And welcome to the forum @Werewolf

 

Thank you Corsair!
 

On 4/21/2020 at 5:38 AM, kristof65 said:

Since commercial links aren't allowed, I can't give you a direct link, but do a search for "Stones Dungeon Tiles by Frontline Games"

Mario at Frontline is a friend of the Reaperpeeps, and Stones tiles are basically Bones. 

 

 

Thanks Kristof65! I think I missed those, or saw them a long time ago and discarded them. Its mostly flat pieces, not the same 3d style with walls, ladders and stairs that I am envisaging. Not really inspiring in the same way as the SW dungeon. But I guess its somewhat close..

 

 

On 4/21/2020 at 8:16 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Welcome to the forum.

 

There is no dungeon set yet from Reaper, but they did some terrain in the Bones Kickstarters and some of it is already in the store.

In the latest KS which will deliver in 2021 there are quite a few sets including terrain stuff which you might like to enhance the dungeons/adventure sites.

 

Some of what is already here.

Runehorn HutHangman's GibbetGraveyard Long Fences (4)Harrowgate Graveyard SetGraveyard Short Fences (3)Graveyard EntrywayGraveyard ArchwayDungeon Decor: StalagmitesObsidian Crypt (Boxed Set)Dwarf King on ThroneTorture Equipment 2BarDungeon DressingsMystic CircleGraveyard Column (x2)Graveyard Fence GateSarcophagusSacrificial AltarTorture Equipment 1

 

 

Some of what is coming.

Gaming with the Gnomies: (Kickstarter) Reaper Bones V Mouslings!!!!image.png.5e109d9cd221eaa2981a02464006f0f2.png

 

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread - Page 568 ...image.png.4fea0ab8b43451840c2f5558369817f2.pngimage.png.94af8555a09d5ee24b8a55fa7408596c.pngimage.png.d7040430ae3844458bcc3e66ad6fdc6b.pngimage.png.59bf6f7d7341192978c521d83bb1c200.pngimage.png.0f79ff1159a09f27d2d102523bc7e303.png

 

Hi Glitterwolf! I saw you joined the LKM KS too! Yes, I have a some bones terrain pieces, and they are great! I also got more than one 3d printer. I can honestly print out a medium or large dungeon for me in the same time as it would take for an order to reach me, if I ordered and started printing at the same time. for one off large terrain pieces printed PLA are good enough, and cheaper. But for a whole big collection of tiles, of walls, of pieces needed for a dungeon I would prefer injection moulded PVC for several reasons, as mostly outlined above. 

 

So I asked here to see if that was in the making or considered. I guess, at this moment..  Well, we do not know! Perhaps one day?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reaper collaborated with Secret Weapon for a dungeon tiles set -

SWFMS-StarterSet.jpg

Sold unpainted, they are fairly reasonable in price.

 

WizKids is also creating a dungeons set, which looks interesting.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheAuldGrumpYes, I love that set! here is a photo of mine, painting in progress, before the final wash and clear polyurethane seal. I love this kit, and want more similar, but not the exact same pieces again. I guess I just have to wait, or just print my own ;)
Wizkids is doing something similar? That might be the first thing I would ever buy from them then!

 

 

IMG_20200404_005212_1 (1).jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The WarLock system.

 

One thing they did differently from others is that the walls are only about 1" high, to mark were the walls are, rather than representing them in their entirety. Easier to see things, and to reach for the minis.

 

Doors & etc. are full height.

warlockdti-988570-gMqw0OXJ-600x600.jpg

 

warlocktiles-dungeon01b-840262-cyghjf032

The tiles have slots, into which clips can be inserted to hold everything together - and is compatible with the Open Lock system used for 3D printed dungeon tiles.

005-2-756639-VO3IifdC-600x403.png

Personally, I would have a lot more use for the half-timbered set, complete with windows. ::):

 

dd-467002-s7ccVBLd-600x403.png

Currently on preorder - but delayed because of Covid-19. ::(:

stairsandladders-790520-I4dosZKI-600x403

Stairs are slotted, so that thin bases can be slid into the slot for figures climbing the stairs. (WizKids bases are thin wafers of plastic - much thinner than GW or Reaper bases.)

 

The Auld Grump

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...