Sign in to follow this  
Peithetairos

Behir 77492 - A Lindwurm approach

For a moment I thought you had drawn the dragon as well there.

So it's a great background for it!

Hmm I did a Ki'rinn a while ago in red/purple and enhanced he look with metals in red/purple..and a touch of silver.

Just a few scales here and there with a reddish metal could give him that supernatural look.

DSCN0546.JPG

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

That background looks awesome with it!

Thank you, I thought it would match the painterly style quite well. 

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

For a moment I thought you had drawn the dragon as well there.

So it's a great background for it!

Hmm I did a Ki'rinn a while ago in red/purple and enhanced he look with metals in red/purple..and a touch of silver.

Just a few scales here and there with a reddish metal could give him that supernatural look.

DSCN0546.JPG

Good idea,  I have a variety of gloss and metallic paints, even in purple. I will consider it, but assume it needs to be use sparingly, as you indicated. Great miniature by the way, the otherworldly feeling definitely comes across. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peithetairos said:

Thank you, I thought it would match the painterly style quite well. 

Good idea,  I have a variety of gloss and metallic paints, even in purple. I will consider it, but assume it needs to be use sparingly, as you indicated. Great miniature by the way, the otherworldly feeling definitely comes across. 

Yes, just in a few places small patches of scales in metallic.

I did it with a green asian dragon and another Ki'rinn.

On green I use gold and green metals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last night's focus was on the eyes. I went for a yellow halo around a central slit, framed by red. Gloss varnish really helped to add that lustre and wickedness. 

IMG_20200508_143758.jpg

IMG_20200508_143650.jpg

• Like 18

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Those eyes are fantastic!

Much obliged. I really like how they came out. I will keep it in mind for the wyvern on my to paint list. 

• Like 2

I

On 5/11/2020 at 8:35 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome eyes!

Thank you, they become my favourite thing about this project. :bday:

On 5/10/2020 at 4:53 AM, zoroaster100 said:

Loving the color choices and the way it’s coming along!

Thank you. All a bit experimental, but since I use a wet pallette I go more free form and work colours in different areas.

I started work on the claws and teeth. The horns got some texture and the exoskeleton as well. Purple shades were a good choice. I may go back in and smooth out some of the blends, but I also kinda like some of the rougher textures on the bony belly. Overall coming along nicely. I thought I include a pic of the pallette for those interested in the range of colours used. 

IMG_20200512_173942.jpg

IMG_20200512_183228.jpg

IMG_20200512_173851.jpg

IMG_20200512_183502.jpg

• Like 10

Almost finished with the Behir. Increased contrast of the legs and gave fangs and claws some texture. I want to put a bit more work into the back sail, maybe adding a bit more purple.

Otherwise the base will be a tad more involved with this one. 

IMG_20200518_004451.jpg

IMG_20200518_004634.jpg

IMG_20200518_004551.jpg

• Like 11

Thank you. I decided to cut the base off (yes, after the painting not the best idea),so that I have more flexibility in terms of scenic  staging. I want him perched at a shallow forest stream. Let's see how it goes. 

• Like 3

Got some work on the base done and attempting to depict dry mud. The mud will need some shading, to have it look wet in some areas, like closer to the ground. The idea is that the Behir dozed at the river shore and got startled, so water effect will be added in front of him, too.

IMG_20200527_005032.jpg

IMG_20200527_005100.jpg

IMG_20200527_004353.jpg

• Like 9