Sign in to follow this  
Shieldwolf Miniatures

Imperium Immortalis by Shieldwolf Miniatures

35 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Good for my wallet that I have no interest in Sci-Fi, but those Korps of War (insert German word here) do look good.

Those Undead Korps of War. In the promos so far Shieldwolf has informed us that these are an Undead sci fi army with a first world war theme. That being said, with all the preview pictures so far they've all been fully covered up with nothing to indicate their undead state that I'ma ware of (apart from maybe a horse) so you could easily paint them as a living force.

I don't know if there's going to be more obvious evidence of their undead state in upcoming sculpts.

• Like 1

Oh, they are supposed to be undead? I just thought they were deathcorps of Krieg proxies, which are imperial guard? Either way they look cool. I would get them to use as human soldiers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Oh, they are supposed to be undead? I just thought they were deathcorps of Krieg proxies, which are imperial guard? Either way they look cool. I would get them to use as human soldiers. 

They could very well be. It's just that, on another forums, Shieldwolf hinted at them being undead. The horse has robotic legs and it's flesh around the legs looks a little bit stretched. I think it has a mechanical head or mechanical head parts as well. It's the most undead looking thing I've seen so far 'though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

They could very well be. It's just that, on another forums, Shieldwolf hinted at them being undead. The horse has robotic legs and it's flesh around the legs looks a little bit stretched. I think it has a mechanical head or mechanical head parts as well. It's the most undead looking thing I've seen so far 'though.

By claiming them to be undead they might try to avoid any percussions from GW.

These minis scream Death Korps of Krieg.

5 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

There. That's the rider that I mentioned. The horse being the most undead looking thing I've seen so far.

Yeah I see it more as a bionic horse than undead. The death corps have bionic cavalry like that, but I can see undead too. 

I am more fantasy than sci-fi, but will see if I can swing something in this ks. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shieldwolf Miniatures
      Shieldwolf Miniatures after having completed it's fourth Kickstarter is now preparing to launch what it's supporters asked during the last survey; the Imperium Desertum!

Thank you once again for the consideration!

• By Kangaroorex
      Due to a certain person working up my interest in Battlefleet gothic, (okay, really all you have to do is wave a new ship under my nose, its not really a challenge) I went into my archives to see what I could paint to scratch the itch.  So out of the archives I dug these ancients out of hiding to go from prime to painted.  I am not really sure of their vintage but they are old enough to be something I bought when I was 15 and they are actual lead GW minis, which I thought didn't actually exist!  Anyway, I thought others would enjoy them.  They are the same color scheme as my favorite imperium fleet (I might have a few...) and I was trying for that sharp bright color scheme.  I think I succeeded but to each his own.  I think these are a pair of old crusiers and a battleship but if anyone wants to try their google fu and identify them, have at!

enough said, enjoy a little fleet action on a Monday!

• By Crowley
      I’ve been itching to assemble some plastic minis for a little while now, and with the new Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago nickstarter currently going, that’s where my thoughts have been. Going through my kits, I realized that I only had a single sprue of the original Frostgrave Soldier kit, not the whole box, like I thought. I had also picked up the Sherwood Outlaw conversion kit to make some of them into Robin Hood type bandits.So, I decided to make some outlaws…

The conversion kit ended up being a disappointment. The fit of the bits was questionable, and for some reason the heads were molded so that the connecting point to the sprue was the top of the head, not the neck. This completely ruined both the heads without hats. 

The frostgrave soldier kit itself isn’t bad. There are lots of options to go along with the 5 different bodies. I wish there was a little more customizability with the bodies. Separate torso and legs would have made a lot of difference. 
      Probably not going to get around to painting them for a bit. I need the weather to warm up before I can spray prime them.

I’m looking forward to building some cultists next! 

• By Pingo
      This is Patrick Keith's 50246: Marie, She-Bot, famous from the old Fritz Lang movie "Metropolis," and two other robots Johnny Lauck sold adjacent to his sci fi Salvage Crew.

I painted them up in less than an hour. WIP thread here.

• By Glitterwolf
      Here is what I painted in 2017.
      I had a lot of fun with the terrain/scenery pieces.
      Learned a lot from painting the bust and got crazy with my Lost World project.
      Also had a blast with the diorama challenge and Rainbow Dragon Challenge.

Here is Glitterwolf's 2017.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)