Welcome to the Forum!

You haven't lost your touch!

This looks absolutely great!

If you do want to go even further, all i could think of was maybe a little more highlights on the fur part of his cloak, but maybe the pics just don't show that well enough.

I would be proud to paint a mini this good!

• Like 2

Thank you for the kind welcome and feedback!  

It is kind of funny, I felt something looked 'off' with the mini, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  I didn't realise until after I posted here that I'd forgotten to paint his eyebrows!

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If you do want to go even further, all i could think of was maybe a little more highlights on the fur part of his cloak, but maybe the pics just don't show that well enough.

The colour of the fur has definitely been washed out and subdued during photographing (I think because I directly lit the model from above?), however you are still right, highlighting was always one of my weaker areas, I have a habit of not taking it quite far enough out of fear of overdoing it.  I just need to find that balance.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dan S said:

Thank you for the kind welcome and feedback!  

It is kind of funny, I felt something looked 'off' with the mini, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  I didn't realise until after I posted here that I'd forgotten to paint his eyebrows!

The colour of the fur has definitely been washed out and subdued during photographing (I think because I directly lit the model from above?), however you are still right, highlighting was always one of my weaker areas, I have a habit of not taking it quite far enough out of fear of overdoing it.  I just need to find that balance.

To be honest:

So Say We All- Inspirational by uncannyphantom on DeviantArt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  Another entry in my winter-themed minis.  This guy was intended to serve as the BBEG in my Frostrun campaign.  Kriger was the descendant of a greedy half-giant king who's line had been cursed to undeath.  Kriger sought to lead an army of Draugr and vikings to reclaim his family throne.  This "chaos warrior" model from Bones 4 was perfect.

More Below the Spoiler:

I really like how this guy turned out.  He was one of those minis where I really pushed myself and tried some different things.  I think it shows.  Hopefully I'll get to continue his story, and return to my Frostrun game.  Maybe by then I'll have found some suitable viking-esque warriors to accompany him.

For more of my winter minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By Rigel
      "Aw, shucks, pardner. You know Ol’ Scratch already. Closer to you than your own skin, and always ready to strike a bargain. Just wait at a lonesome crossroads at midnight if'n you need riches, skills, or vengeance. Scratch got all three in spades. You’ll know them by their smile and by the way their boots don’t fit quite right. Only takes one kind of currency—but you probably wasn’t using it anyhow, was you?"

"There's a little black train a-comin; Best get your business right / For that dark train's a-comin' on, And it may be here tonight"

A Stranger Comes to Town

You don't have a horse? She'll get you one. You don't have money? She'll get you some.

Her shadow is cast wherever she stands, stacks of green paper in her red right hand.

(Click for more)
      Took me a while, but I finally got Western Sophie and her crossroads signpost painted up. Added a couple of signs from other sprues. She's a beautiful sculpt. 

While we're on the topic of the Weird West, here's Agent Sam of the Treasury Bureau. A grab-bag WotC aaracokra mini that used to be dull bland white with brown armor; I gave him a bit of pizzazz and a nice hat. 

My Weird West games are warlock-patron intensive, and this fellow definitely serves the Spirit of the Age. Wings, talons, and authorization from the Treasury bureau is a formidable combination. 

More

Guest appearance by the skeletal WWWizard of Oz scarecrow, 80059:

"...Oh, that dark train's a-comin' on; Prepare to take a ride."
    • By lazarp
      Here's Gregor Clegane and his bannerman!

(click on images for better quality)

• By lazarp
      We needed a vulture for Rangres shadowdeep and I remembered I had a toy eagle. I was surprised by the level of detail on it and I like how it turned out. 

• By Shadespyre
      Hello Reaper friends!  You might remember I did a whole tribe of Hill Giants on a display board, with hex bases?

This is my follow up to that, this time: Stone Giants.

Errrm, it all got a bit out of hand, and I'd LOVE some input from you all, please

This is where I'm at after a week and I'm a bit stuck tbh.

I think I need to decide more about what the "finish" will look like before I go a lot further. Once I cover that foam with more than paint it's going to be harder to make changes. I'm thinking of sort of "cladding" it in pieces of slate, with sculpted  bits / groundwork in the gaps?

I'd also love to hear suggestions for other miniatures and features to add to the scene to break up those big open rocky spaces. Current extra bits and bobs are just there for a sense of scale and how extra minis might "interrupt" or "enhance" the scene.

Some next steps though:
      - cork around the hexes on the platforms for the bases to fit into
      - some sort of "door frame"
      - "box in" the sides (which are cut out of a continuing mountainside, in my head at least)

Please, rain your ideas and encouragements upon me!

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)