• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Forum!

You haven't lost your touch!

This looks absolutely great!

If you do want to go even further, all i could think of was maybe a little more highlights on the fur part of his cloak, but maybe the pics just don't show that well enough.

I would be proud to paint a mini this good!

• Like 2

Thank you for the kind welcome and feedback!  

It is kind of funny, I felt something looked 'off' with the mini, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  I didn't realise until after I posted here that I'd forgotten to paint his eyebrows!

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If you do want to go even further, all i could think of was maybe a little more highlights on the fur part of his cloak, but maybe the pics just don't show that well enough.

The colour of the fur has definitely been washed out and subdued during photographing (I think because I directly lit the model from above?), however you are still right, highlighting was always one of my weaker areas, I have a habit of not taking it quite far enough out of fear of overdoing it.  I just need to find that balance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan S said:

Thank you for the kind welcome and feedback!  

It is kind of funny, I felt something looked 'off' with the mini, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  I didn't realise until after I posted here that I'd forgotten to paint his eyebrows!

The colour of the fur has definitely been washed out and subdued during photographing (I think because I directly lit the model from above?), however you are still right, highlighting was always one of my weaker areas, I have a habit of not taking it quite far enough out of fear of overdoing it.  I just need to find that balance.

To be honest:

So Say We All- Inspirational by uncannyphantom on DeviantArt