Sign in to follow this  

So the Carrion Worm is next up on my table. I would like to approximate the way it is painted in the picture but it doesn't have to be exact. Can anyone give me some advice on how to achieve the effects in the picture. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.  #Help_A_Noob

Carrio_worm.jpg

• Like 3

Michael Proctor's work.  https://www.facebook.com/pg/CleverCrowMinis/photos/?ref=page_internal

He has recently started a weekly Twitch episode on Reaper's channel.  You should be able to ask questions directly, he's a decent guy and also teaches classes at Reapercon. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ferret
      I notice both Army Painter and Vallejo are selling sets of paints with bottles about half the size of their normal paints.  (Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments and Whiz kids Preminum Paints)

I generally like that approach.

It provides an opportunity to get a variety of paint colors at a lower price.  Vallejo Whiz kids  sets consist of 40 paints in a plastic case for about $70. I know that there are many colors I like to have handy although I don't use them a lot so a 8 ml  bottle would  be more than enough. And, if I use some of the colors a lot, I can get a regular size bottle when the small bottle is gone.

The Va!!ejo sets consists of Game Color but the AP sets consists not only of repackaged Warpaints but several unique colors that I believe are only available as part of the set so it really is not practical to replace those colors when the small bottle is gone.

But, alas, as much as I like the packaging idea, the paints are Gsme Color which I don't at all and Warpaintt which I don't like as well as Reaper or Citadel.  Still I am hoping the idea catches on.

• By JJNiles
      Hi all, quick question what are some paints you would like to see from reaper? 

I would like to see a line of effect paints, such as a few different rust effects, something for a running oil or grease, and a very flat black for soot build up. 
    • By Talae
      This is as much an attempt at learning more about my airbrush as it is about painting a Carrion Worm mini.

This mini has been painted using almost solely the Liquitex Inks (so far).

Primed and than hit with a couple of coats of a dark green.

Then I pulled out some brighter colors.

Zenithal spray of just the brighter green.

Switched to a brush and started to add some white to the green. 

Finished that and then went another round of highlights to bump it even brighter.

Added some white to the eyes (not sure if I will keep them as is or try a purple instead). Also picked out the teeth with white, but was really just messing around since I will be in the way of this for the mouth and gums.

What do you think overall of the roughed in color scheme?

Colors so far:

• By wickedshifty
      These were a couple recent projects, so happy with how they came out, can’t wait til they make it to the table...I particularly like the folds on the worm. 

• By ActiveMindsGames
      We just Re-launched our Kickstarter for a brand new Ultra Clear variant of the X-Case the only Expandable, Transport, Configurable, Display case for miniatures. The X-Case not only can transport your figures but it can show them off as well Check it out.
      XCase Ultra Clear Expandable, Transport Kickstarter

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)