Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Mayday! Mayday! Craft Paint Down! Send Help.(May Hobby Goals)

Razig pirates. 

Rangers of Shadow Deep - official rangers 

Orcs and goblins 

Eastern team for Rangers of Shadow Deep 

Something with guns - non fantasy 

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Okay, I finished one goal, and May hasn’t even started yet:

Pale Saffron over Pure White and over over Rosy Pink:

DA55875B-A5EF-4860-8BC0-75FF01E4094A.jpeg.f49fff362c0819aff7f4002ba708c7f7.jpeg

It’s hard to tell in the photo, but in person, the yellow over pink has more warmth and body, where the yellow over white is a bit flat and lifeless.  When I try this for real on a model, I’ll try a lighter pink with a little less blue in it, so I don’t have to use so many coats to cover the base.

I want to try that out too. I hate painting large areas of yellow so I'm open to trying new techniques. I tend to use it for small highlights like scarves or tassles and not as a main colour. Watched a bunch of painting videos again and I really need to start painting so I can try some of the things before I forget what it was I wanted to try.

Goal for the month. Start painting regularly again. Doesn't matter what, just do anything. Got over the winter blues and miraculously lowered my stress levels for the near future so it's a good time for it.

• Like 8

On 4/25/2020 at 8:22 PM, Glitterwolf said:
  • Work on and hopefully finish my Tlemiahuatl
  • Work on and maybe finish the Queen Shannon and her Bears diorama
  • Work on my Love After Death piece ( working title)
  • Paint my 3D painted dog and vampire.
  • Print more minis with my 3D printer

Two down so far!

• Like 8

On 5/1/2020 at 11:28 AM, Brianuk said:

Razig pirates. 

Rangers of Shadow Deep - official rangers 

Orcs and goblins 

Eastern team for Rangers of Shadow Deep 

Something with guns - non fantasy 

Going ok with these. I've finished the Razig Pirates. Done all the washes on the Rangers of Shadow Deep. Have also finished some monsters for the Eastern/desert Rangers mission. 

Haven't touched the orcs. Still thinking about what to do for the 'guns lots of guns' non fantasy project. Maybe victorian horror.

Have been a bit better this month on focusing on some projects rather than randomly painting a few bits of a hundred different semi painted minis... 

• Like 7

I ordered the Reaper Paint and Take box along with a few extra miniatures last month.  I have paints, brushes and miniatures.  There is even time to paint.  I guess I don't have excuses this time.  Petey, Pizza Dungeon Dragon at the very least.

https://www.reapermini.com/search/04003

• Like 6

On 4/25/2020 at 8:22 PM, Glitterwolf said:
  • Work on and hopefully finish my Tlemiahuatl
  • Work on and maybe finish the Queen Shannon and her Bears diorama
  • Work on my Love After Death piece ( working title)
  • Paint my 3D painted dog and vampire.
  • Print more minis with my 3D printer

I'm working on the Tlemiahuatl and the Love after Death piece.

I abandoned the Bear Queen for a while, her staff broke for the umptheenth time and I just don't feel like fiddling with it anymore.

Instead I got a bit distracted by painting 3D printed minis, like a Giant Snake, several Oni, a Vampire in Batform, a Merfolk Warrior, a Stygian Snakepriest, an Amazone Warrior and a Female Orc Fighter.

• Like 8

On 5/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, Brianuk said:

Going ok with these. I've finished the Razig Pirates. Done all the washes on the Rangers of Shadow Deep. Have also finished some monsters for the Eastern/desert Rangers mission. 

Haven't touched the orcs. Still thinking about what to do for the 'guns lots of guns' non fantasy project. Maybe victorian horror.

Have been a bit better this month on focusing on some projects rather than randomly painting a few bits of a hundred different semi painted minis... 

Have finished the Rangers as well, so two projects from the list are down. Have got through some cowboys/weird west minis and have some victorian horror style policemen and vampire thralls in the paint queue, for the 'guns lots of guns' project. 

• Like 8

On 4/30/2020 at 7:11 AM, Evilhalfling said:

Finish Bones 3 Core Set. 

take pictures. 

cancel hotel room in Denton. 

Bones Core : painted 7 , 4 left unpainted 

Shiny Distractions: 

finished Brass dragon (wizkids) 

- do a flying base? 

building a stone bridge out of pink insulation foam. 

weapon-swap and paint a tortle for my new PC. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 8

On 4/28/2020 at 3:49 AM, Rigel said:

Currently working on

-a few more clowns and acrobats from Brigade Games, for my circus

-an army of plant-people from Hydra Miniatures

Stuff that should be arriving in the mail in the foreseeable future:

-a bunch of bad guys and mooks from Artizan 

-a couple of rad guys from Northstar Steampunk

-a further detachment of other, plant-people and assorted cultists, weirdos, and sci-fi set dressing from Crooked Dice

And don't think I haven't seen that soda machine Reaper's making now!

Mid-month update: clowns, Hydra plant-creatures painted up. Likewise the characters from Bombshell.  May have to revise that "foreseeable future" estimate to "probably before winter" what with slowdowns in regional and international shipping. Working on a couple of slaadi and some Sophies (Pulp and Western) that had been languishing on the Shelf of Shame for a bit. 

• Like 8

UPDATED update: should have known that as soon as I said something publicly the universe would work to make me sound silly. Good news for me this time! Artisan/Northstar package and Reaper both came through yesterday. Lots of stuff to pain now, including the dumpster, three soda machines (Bouncy Bubble Beverage, beer, and Slurm, I'm thinking), and some monsters and madmen. 

• Like 8

Instead of the intended goals I finished a Giant Snake 3D print from Artisan Guild and the Reaper Bones Black Rhinocerous Beetle.

• Like 6

On 5/1/2020 at 5:58 AM, Rob Dean said:

I don’t know if/when we might be back to commuting this month.  I didn’t get very far with last month’s goals, so I am still looking at:

24 Ral Partha medievals as fatnasy civic militia

12 vintage Minifig orc archers

5 Bones saproling and an elvish sorceress for the 1/72 scale fantasy campaign

and adding

A large Apocalypse Miniatures farmhouse

A repaint of a War-torn World ruined tower piece (from tan to grays)

Even that seems optimistically ambitious given last month.  There are also a few random individuals on the table if I want a break from the buildings and units.

The month isn’t quite over, but I got as far as repainting the tower this month. ::(: On the bright side, I did do a batch of hills, so at least the scenery upgrade is moving along a bit.

• Like 9

On 4/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, Inarah said:

Love the title for this month.

-- put everything back into the basement that we took out in March. 

-- resume painting 

Still working on #1.  Did a little of #2.  Doesn't look like either will be a completed goal this month. 

• Like 6