Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 9 picture/chatter thread

Exactly right. They're called flat rate boxes. You're paying to mail the size of the box, not what's in it. So, if it's full of bricks or feathers it still costs the same. 

That's only for the flat rate boxes, though. Other boxes go by weight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's the same thing in Canada - we have a few sizes of pre-paid box options, although the price only includes up to 5kg.

• Like 3

For those that don't understand flat rate. The Goodwill boxes are shipping at 15.50 & those that have gotten them, know they are loaded & have some weight. I had to return some sandals I got for my wife due to they were the wrong size & I shipped them in roughly the same size box. It cost close to that box price at 14.something..........YiKES!!

Pics!!

(Well after I switch/edit this post with my phone as that is where it is!)

Ok what I took:

I'll use the bones black robots as Warforged. Crosswire, I wanna compare it to the metal version. 

20200618_111256.jpg

Also, if your not upcoming in the @Corsair box list & wanna see em, here are the resin minis I printed up

Spoiler

20200618_110314.jpg

Yes, that is a Al-mi'raj :poke:

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, haldir said:

For those that don't understand flat rate. The Goodwill boxes are shipping at 15.50 & those that have gotten them, know they are loaded & have some weight. I had to return some sandals I got for my wife due to they were the wrong size & I shipped them in roughly the same size box. It cost close to that box price at 14.something..........YiKES!!

Pics!!

(Well after I switch/edit this post with my phone as that is where it is!)

Ok what I took:

I'll use the bones black robots as Warforged. Crosswire, I wanna compare it to the metal version. 

20200618_111256.jpg

Also, if your not upcoming in the @Corsair box list & wanna see em, here are the resin minis I printed up

Reveal hidden contents

20200618_110314.jpg

Yes, that is a Al-mi'raj :poke:

Haha, I thought I was the only one who bagged and numbered the mini's from the expansions:)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Haha, I thought I was the only one who bagged and numbered the mini's from the expansions:)

That's how they were in the box, so they might be yours?? :lol:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

It's the same thing in Canada - we have a few sizes of pre-paid box options, although the price only includes up to 5kg.

Ah,  by comparison the USPS seems quite generous.  It limits the weight to over  31kg (70 pounds).

Edited by ferret
  • Like 4

The box arrived today which is just perfect!  The kids and I are planning to go through it today and have a Father's Day paint party tomorrow.  Pics of our selections incoming by tonight, and with a little luck we'll have a painted pic or two tomorrow.

Happy Father's Day everybody!

• Like 10

Thanks to everyone for staying with the flat rate medium.  Postage rates can quickly spiral out of control, making it untouchable for some due to budget.  One time the post office tried to charge me for weight rather than flat rate... it was a 15 pound box!

On 6/18/2020 at 3:29 AM, Venun said:

It seems that there's a special box you can get there with UPS where you pay a flat fee.

Normal boxes are still based on weight for shipping, but with that flat fee box it's a discount of some sorts.

About five of them ranging from the size of a Tad Williams paperback to almost a cubic foot.  If it fits, it ships.  I seem to remember reading it was initially created for some specific industries to allow their shipping costs while standardizing size and helping to automate the shipping process

• Like 3

All the lights on the main floor went dead in the evening last night, so pics delayed. They will be taken and posted though.

• Like 5

More pics incoming tomorrow, but here is a before picture of Halbarand, one of the minis I grabbed. He was partially painted and based by someone, although I couldn't find notes about him in the book.

IMG_20200621_195430.thumb.jpg.e32c5da3e36325ad333a8cb33d53b9d6.jpg

I am attempting to finish him tonight. Wish me luck!

• Like 11

Clearman box arrived last Tuesday, shipped it out after work today....

Pics... tomorrow-ish.

• Like 8

Finished! Trying to work on not being such a perfectionist and getting models done more quickly. Heaven knows I have plenty to paint.

IMG_20200622_234103.thumb.jpg.629e5264cd32fd508405ba2683bf023a.jpg

IMG_20200622_233927.thumb.jpg.c66cfc37563aa4df6a804c706068be9c.jpg

IMG_20200622_233920.thumb.jpg.f4044ffb1d87959c096899b1b892a57e.jpg

Final swaps and pictures tomorrow, and off the box goes!

• Like 13

I am going to finish fixing an oops I made on the box painted figure and take pictures tonight, then put my stuff in.  GF box should go out tomorrow.

• Like 8