Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 9 picture/chatter thread

On 6/22/2020 at 7:12 PM, Mad Jack said:

Pics... tomorrow-ish.

Hey, look at that - since today is today and it's not tomorrow yet, I've actually gotten it done even sooner than I said I would, lol... ::D:

Loot:

Spoiler

A set of green glitter dice I gave to a guy at work who just started playing rpgs... Cuz you can never have too many dice, obviously.

20200617_053146.jpg.a693332946186e64c79d7b8dd576aba2.jpg

A ReaperCon "Fire In The Belly" ribbon, a Bombshell Miniatures chibi lion, Ral Partha 01-065 demon, some woman coming through a portal, and a Galadoria Games mimic...

20200627_161921.jpg.ba15d47d1ea907c76b6b9cdda27eb8c9.jpg

Massive Darkness game figures Silence and Myriam (tan), and from the Mythic Battles game one Argonaut with spear and shield, two Spartoi skellies with swords, and two Infernal Artillerymen...

20200627_162806.jpg.0dfff2816361e7fa7f81f4d845204a31.jpg

And lastly, also from Mythic Battles, the Colchidian Dragon and Echidna. (There's a chance that the two may someday end up spliced together as part of a massive conversion, but I haven't worked it out yet in my head.)

20200627_162349.jpg.67a38a6fcc93a1824825ac2cba2b59e2.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 14

Finally getting around to doing this.   It was a hard fought battle, but I was able to make some selections and restock the box.

Spoiler

Here's what I took.  I got a Reaper Iron Golem and Weremadillo, and a Grenadier Beholder.  I also took a selection of Bretonian horses and peasant archers, (and two questing knights) which made me insanely happy to find, thanks @Disserrma

524827183_IMG_20200626_092438176(1).thumb.jpg.f18e7490cdc300e050ea074be27bd199.jpg

• Like 17

17 hours ago, DragonWyrm said:

Looks like Fenryll amazon from the amazon's mirror set..

Yep. missing a sword... I've only ever owned one other Fenryll mini in my life, so I never would have recognized it.

• Like 3

I found a lot of amazing stuff in this box that I will hopefully get painted up soon.

I took a few games workshop orks, a boar, and horses. I love the way all of these look and I'm already planning out how to paint them.

I got some bones kobolds and goblins, along with a skeleton archer, a few mummies, and a translucent ghost. 

Then for the metal stuff I got a great looking beggar, a pirate skeleton, a fun little zombie, and then two amazing clowns that I am going to have to work into a game because they are too great to not use, and a really cool little hedgehog bard that I couldn't pass up.

I also took the rest of the Clan War stuff, I have been looking for some cool samurai to go with the daiymo expansion from the latest bones kickstarter and these are perfect.

I also grabbed a great looking set of 4 3d printed minis. I saw the tortle at first and really liked the way it looked, then as I looked at them more I had to have the human female monk, tiefling fighter and goliath barbarian, and I found some nice bases to make them a group of big bads for my current campaign.

I had a great time just looking through this box, and I'm looking forward to the next one, as long as it's after the kickstarter ships so I will have a lot of stuff to throw in the box.

20200701_234536.jpg

• Like 18

I finally got the box dragged to desk where the computer sits. Finally starting to feel better. The poor box looks like it has been through the wars:

3B69D63B-A6BE-4E66-A82F-2AAEEFEFBA5F.thumb.jpeg.58e3ab95f66089786e9babc2f14bfc84.jpeg

So-o-o-o-o many layers of tape.

I dunno who did the flutterbys, there is one on every side of the box. Much surgery was required to get the tape opened up. 

Edited by TGP
Added pic from phone’s camera.
  • Like 13

My box returned unexpectedly today, I just finished going through it and the logbook. It not only really changed during the trip but I think it also doubled in size too. After going through everything it appears there is only one "right" way to pack it so everything fits.

I'll give it more than a cursory perusal tonight after the kid goes to bed. She is pretty happy though as she already made a selection. 20200702_143454.thumb.jpg.4ee3ca0f2c3202fc564d89264221c736.jpg

• Like 13

15 hours ago, TGP said:

So-o-o-o-o many layers of tape.

I dunno who did the flutterbys, there is one on every side of the box. Much surgery was required to get the tape opened up. 

That would have been me, which means you have the original box from this round, which I sent to Corsair back in March. It was the box I received from FireEyes in July of 2019.  Not sure how long it has been on the circuit, but a year at least. 

2 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Man boxes are sure moving quickly this round!

Now you've jinxed it! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Rat13 said:

I'll give it more than a cursory perusal tonight after the kid goes to bed. She is pretty happy though as she already made a selection. 20200702_143454.thumb.jpg.4ee3ca0f2c3202fc564d89264221c736.jpg

Is that a Jetsons spaceship...I mean car?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, TGP said:

It is, it showed up during the box's first circuit but the kid was way too small to have it. This time however she is more than big enough to start her own car collection with this as her third Matchbox/Hot Wheels sized car. Now when it comes to big toddler trucks and cars her collection is already pretty impressive.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rat13 said:
3 hours ago, TGP said:

It is, it showed up during the box's first circuit but the kid was way too small to have it.

That box with Jetsons car visited me at one point. I considered snagging it (or one just like it) but I am so glad I did not and it found its way to your little girl. -_- That's a cheery thought, that is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My picks are now finalized and this is certainly my biggest pull out of the three circuits I've been in.

20200702_201007.thumb.jpg.4c049fec244895fffb668df5df57b77c.jpg

Even after all of that, the box is still stuffed with a ton of miniatures. Cramming everything back into the box with my own contributions added too will certainly be a challenge.

If I had to chose a few highlights it would have to be:

The Clockwork stamp from Happy Seppuku, much thanks to @buckyball

The Reaper Pulp spacewoman, that'll be painted as the Nuka Cola girl for a gift

The Jetson's car too

Edited by Rat13
Forgot the kid's new favorite car.
  • Like 12

I opened it way, way, late on Wednesday, when I reported having to do surgery to defeat the tape. Ultimately, I did dig to the bottom of the box. 

Selection pictures so far:
911C5D5A-A27F-4BF8-BD07-846DA4C13000.thumb.jpeg.bde24caa64a8ea0f598c9274b6941043.jpeg
Bitz and Bases

There are a pair of Lizardman shields. An Orc arm holding spear. Two square bases. A group of five round 30mm bases (I don’t have any of that size and style.) One mystery horn.  A belt fed gun that is now slated for a GasLands conversion. A curious ladder that has four tiny skull decorations. And the bizarre L-shaped what-sit. 

26978C87-1C2E-4CFF-BCB9-D1A313EC76CB.thumb.jpeg.556d09493b5a2531ac3b92f01d1025ba.jpeg

The Fantasy Squad
Mostly Bones figures. Minotaur with bendy axe will become a statue, turtles with wobbly weapons will get weapon swaps, I think that one light grey dude is a Dreadmere fellow, the Orc in the back with the 2 handed sword is one I did not have...

The only non-Bones in the photos are the two undead guys at the bottom right. They are a harder plastic, maybe from a HeroQuest box?

BF8810B3-060F-42EF-AF76-A80AA82463FE.thumb.jpeg.3637d79b764643aa9408d1c136c9c3df.jpeg

Sci-Fi selections

There is a robot with bendy Guns. There are six IMEF bones trooper types. Not sure what the other grey figures are from, but the bags they were in looked like bones KS labeling. The doggo isn’t really Sci-fi, he just wanted to be in the group. I think he likes the girl trooper holding the vehicle mounted weapon. (She is the only example of that figure I have seen where the gun isn’t crooked.) Lastly, there is a resin (Haldir left a note about resin figures, so I know it is resin) Dire Wabbit, or something. 

Those IMEF guys will be added to my growing squad of IMEF troops from two boxes ago. They are slated to be the heavy hitters in games of @Froggy the Great ‘s Rockets and Raygunz game. 

There will be more pix of more picks. I am behind in snapping pictures. (Today’s plan is to reinforce the poor box from within to help it survive until the end.)

• Like 10