Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 9 picture/chatter thread

29 minutes ago, TGP said:

Sci-Fi selections Not sure what the other grey figures are from, but the bags they were in looked like bones KS labeling.

Lady with the BFG is 80021 IMEF Sarah Blitzer. First grey guy is 49019 Keryx, Cyborg Assassin. Second is 80058 Wild West Wizard of Oz Cowardly Lion. The one on the far right is 49030 Rach Soldier.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Clearman Box all packed up and ready to send out on Monday! I even got a brand new box :)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Clearman Box all packed up and ready to send out on Monday! I even got a brand new box :)

so when do we see pictures???

• Like 6

On 7/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, TGP said:

Sci-Fi selections

There is a robot with bendy Guns. There are six IMEF bones trooper types. Not sure what the other grey figures are from, but the bags they were in looked like bones KS labeling. The doggo isn’t really Sci-fi, he just wanted to be in the group. I think he likes the girl trooper holding the vehicle mounted weapon. (She is the only example of that figure I have seen where the gun isn’t crooked.) Lastly, there is a resin (Haldir left a note about resin figures, so I know it is resin) Dire Wabbit, or something. 

Those IMEF guys will be added to my growing squad of IMEF troops from two boxes ago. They are slated to be the heavy hitters in games of @Froggy the Great ‘s Rockets and Raygunz game. 

There will be more pix of more picks. I am behind in snapping pictures. (Today’s plan is to reinforce the poor box from within to help it survive until the end.)

Woohoo!  There is life!

• Like 5

On 7/4/2020 at 2:32 PM, TGP said:

BF8810B3-060F-42EF-AF76-A80AA82463FE.thumb.jpeg.3637d79b764643aa9408d1c136c9c3df.jpeg

Sci-Fi selections

There is a robot with bendy Guns. There are six IMEF bones trooper types. Not sure what the other grey figures are from, but the bags they were in looked like bones KS labeling. The doggo isn’t really Sci-fi, he just wanted to be in the group. I think he likes the girl trooper holding the vehicle mounted weapon. (She is the only example of that figure I have seen where the gun isn’t crooked.) Lastly, there is a resin (Haldir left a note about resin figures, so I know it is resin) Dire Wabbit, or something. 

Those IMEF guys will be added to my growing squad of IMEF troops from two boxes ago. They are slated to be the heavy hitters in games of @Froggy the Great ‘s Rockets and Raygunz game. 

There will be more pix of more picks. I am behind in snapping pictures. (Today’s plan is to reinforce the poor box from within to help it survive until the end.)

That is a Al-Mi'raj.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Mi'raj

This is the file I printed it from:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3791464

Nice to see the Bones IMEF troopers found a home so soon. I've got em in metal so they've just been sitting in the original Vampire Box from Bones 1. Great selections overall.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, haldir said:

That is a Al-Mi'raj.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Mi'raj

This is the file I printed it from:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3791464

schlossbauer does great stuff.  I just printed out a bunch of their spiders to use in "Rangers of Shadow Deep".  I wish they would do a realistic set of Mario and Luigi to go with all the realistic Mario monsters they've designed.

• Like 3

So, I just wanted to note that I haven't had time to unpack the returned box and go through the minis...It does look like some good turnover this time.  What would we like to do about things that have been around through multiple cycles?

• Like 4

Given the number of comments about boxes being so full, it seems to me that items that have been around for multiple cycles should be discarded to make room for folks to add new things that may be of more interest.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

So, I just wanted to note that I haven't had time to unpack the returned box and go through the minis...It does look like some good turnover this time.  What would we like to do about things that have been around through multiple cycles?

Last year I took metal that had been in the box multiple rounds with me to Reapercon and traded it for newer stuff.   I know that's not an option this year,  but it could be set aside for the future. 

I have tried to limit the amount of junk plastic (broken toys, for example) to one zip bag.  I didn't see much of that being selected from the boxes, and the proportion of unwanted plastic to metal/Bones/resin was growing. 

• Like 6

I will usually pull anything I find in a box that was mine and has returned to me.  I also try to note those things that do not have interest (1200 scale metal sailing ships, for example...)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I will usually pull anything I find in a box that was mine and has returned to me.  I also try to note those things that do not have interest (1200 scale metal sailing ships, for example...)

Same here - I think there are two different boxes that have come to me twice since the start of the BoG, and each time I've replaced stuff that had been in there for multiple rounds with other things or just taken out things I'd put in the first time. Mostly old lead.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

Like everyone else has said, feel free to declutter/organize your box however you wish. Like the others here, I'll remove stuff that I put in if I notice it's still in there after a few rounds. If it's not something that I put in, I'll give it a little more leeway. Eventually, it'll get pruned, though.

I hadn't thought of bringing it to Reapercon and trading it at the melt table; that's a pretty nice idea, @Inarah.:winkthumbs:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

...1200 scale metal sailing ships, for example...

Did those go to the melt table also? That’s my scale. 

*** looks at scratch built 1200 scale ironclads ***

• Like 2