Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 9 picture/chatter thread

What I took:

20200809_125015.thumb.jpg.6f0cfb8b6386f2eea027253c69f121d7.jpg

I put in a lot less than I wanted to, because the box was Soo so full! We've got to find people that will take stuff .. lol. 

Should be headed your way soon @Chaoswolf

• Like 12

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread--I have been able to participate in the Box of Goodwill three times now; this the first time I was put early in my particular round though. I have REALLY enjoyed seeing the pictures of what everyone has picked out of their boxes--it's really cool to see someone take something that I passed over--I didn't see the potential, or just didn't see it when I had it in my hands, but the next person did. I especially get happiness when I see something I put in the box get eagerly snatched up; it validates this entire process and practice. Being early in the round gave me the opportunity to see everything that was there, and to know more or less, barring addition/subtractions, what people down the line were getting a chance at. 

I'm just very grateful to be part of this group and to have the opportunity to interact with you all in these Interesting Times that we are enduring.  RConline is only a few weeks away--not the same by a longshot, but its what we got.

• Like 17

On 8/10/2020 at 11:58 AM, Dr Bob said:

. I especially get happiness when I see something I put in the box get eagerly snatched up; it validates this entire process and practice.

I don't normally do this, but Quoted for Truth.  

• Like 10

I assume the BOGW is done although the arrival/departure thread has not been updated.  I enjoyed it and appreciate all the effort that went into getting it orgsnized.  I managed to gain a few minis I had not seen before as well as sending along several that I knew I would never get around to painting.

• Like 6

I finally painted one of my pulls from this round. Its posted in Show Off here if anyone is interested. 

• Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 2:20 PM, Marineal said:

What I took:

20200809_125015.thumb.jpg.6f0cfb8b6386f2eea027253c69f121d7.jpg

I put in a lot less than I wanted to, because the box was Soo so full! We've got to find people that will take stuff .. lol. 

Should be headed your way soon @Chaoswolf

That's a NIZE HAT!!!  I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with that ::D: 

The tufts also look pretty cool, I like how some rock is embedded in the tuft, it gives Is a more realistic scrubland feel.   Lots of good stuff in that Haul!

• Like 6

Corsair---sent 5/30

SparrowMarie---arrived 6/1, sent 6/11

Haldir---arrived 6/13, sent 6/18

TGP--arrived 6/20, 

Broonkah

Inarah

Any chance this box is going to move soon? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Inarah said:

Corsair---sent 5/30

SparrowMarie---arrived 6/1, sent 6/11

Haldir---arrived 6/13, sent 6/18

TGP--arrived 6/20, 

Broonkah

Inarah

Any chance this box is going to move soon? 

I've been poking @TGP; if he doesn't move it along in the next few days I'll send out my box.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I've been poking @TGP; if he doesn't move it along in the next few days I'll send out my box.

Thanks. I can be patient if I know it is still moving. I just don't want this to fall off the radar and get forgotten.

On a slightly different topic, I am looking forward to Secret Sophie this year.  

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Box has landed.  Cat is standing by to supervise the Opening. :) 

IMG_20200925_161453548.jpg.c04eb8a4523f1ba40c225bde81948915.jpg

That looks like a shiny new box. Looks like @Broonkah decided the battered one I patched up (with the butterfly stickers on it) didn’t have one last trip left in it.

• Like 4