Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 9 picture/chatter thread

Here's what I grabbed out of the box.

IMG_20200605_133245416.thumb.jpg.ad88e701937a2be9227db14685932ca4.jpg

I took a tiny bit of all the different basing vegetation and some of the small rocks and mixed them together for some premade basing veg.

And here's what I put in.

Spoiler

IMG_20200605_133531906.thumb.jpg.58634f9ca281dc62e0b3dca3eb615349.jpg

Fun exchange!

Edited by Thoramel
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

I took a tiny bit of all the different basing vegetation and some of the small rocks and mixed them together for some premade basing veg.

And here's what I put in.

Fun exchange!

NICE! Really like those bases and those barrel shatter terrain! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

IMG_20200605_133245416.thumb.jpg.ad88e701937a2be9227db14685932ca4.jpg

Great picks, quite a diverse selection too. It's nice to see those small robots are going over so well, I had doubts anyone (besides myself) would be interested in them.

• Like 7

Just a quick reminder for everyone, PLEASE make sure that you update the arrival departure thread as appropriate. It's much more convenient to have that information in one place.

Thank you.

@Rat13---where did you find the small robots?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

@Rat13---where did you find the small robots?

Those are actually just generic party favoresque toy robots from Amazon. I first saw them on an episode of Miniature Mashup and couldn't resist getting some. In all honesty I threw a few into the box thinking no one would be interested, guess that shows what I know.

20200605_203857.thumb.jpg.8ad1adc447cc7d4a1be7500df752cd03.jpg

Sir Forscale shows they are somewhat smaller but definitely close enough as far as scale goes. Their real appeal comes with how easily they can be used to create a robot horde for sci-fi games.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Rat13 said:

Great picks, quite a diverse selection too. It's nice to see those small robots are going over so well, I had doubts anyone (besides myself) would be interested in them.

I had a hard time not taking them all.

Here's a couple of pieces from the bits bag. If for no other reason, giving me the guns to mod another bones goblin for my time traveling goblins made this worth it. 

IMG_20200605_211038813.thumb.jpg.a62c1aa1466a93f8636d55bd862a1dd1.jpg

• Like 13

On 6/2/2020 at 4:12 PM, SparrowMarie said:

Hoping this is all I take out. I'm going to struggle to fit my own stuff in!

Anyway, this is what I took from the Corsair box. Need to identify the unlabeled minis at some point.

20200602_130258.thumb.jpg.cd0266f59ff23fe63f5721c500c9d3b0.jpg

My Mr. Bones!! :wub: Someone saved it!!

18 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Box went out today!  Its wending its way to scary NYC protected by the army of plastic and metal men inside!

Why, there might even be monsters in there!

And should arrive Tuesday!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Pics of picks picked20200606_155503.thumb.jpg.41743d47418baf4ef802a95f4890dcfa.jpg

I'll have to work on the group paint and should get the box going onward on Monday

• Like 17

15 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Pics of picks picked20200606_155503.thumb.jpg.41743d47418baf4ef802a95f4890dcfa.jpg

I'll have to work on the group paint and should get the box going onward on Monday

Hey! Hey! Hey!  Put some of those stickers back! Everyone gets one and ONLY one! If you want more, DM me and I'll share where I got them with you. Don't be greedy.

GF

Edited by Generic Fighter
Forgot the purple. Sorry.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

Hey! Hey! Hey!  Put some of those stickers back! Everyone gets one and ONLY one! If you want more, DM me and I'll share where I got them with you. Don't be greedy.

GF

Okay, I don't think it was a problem to take out a few multiples to give out to my gaming group, but if it's going to be an issue, I'll put them all back.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

GF

This is bothering me.

Read a few times trying to figure out if this was just joking around. I don't see this kind of communication on Reaper pretty much ever. 

If it is serious, you could have private messaged him nicely instead of what appears to be shaming lidless for doing what the box is meant for.

It just seems like telling someone you can take cookies from the cookie jar and then smacking their hand when they do. 

• Like 11

In the past, any time there's been something that is meant to be one for each person, there is usually a bag that says so. That way no one gets confused, as this is supposed to be a fun, take-what-you-want box. 

Thanks @Mutilatedlipsfor verbalizing what I felt as well.

• Like 11

14 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

GF

what does purple mean?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Marineal said:

In the past, any time there's been something that is meant to be one for each person, there is usually a bag that says so. That way no one gets confused, as this is supposed to be a fun, take-what-you-want box. 

Thanks @Mutilatedlipsfor verbalizing what I felt as well.

I wasn't bothered by GF's post.  I read it as simply calling our attention to his handwritten rule #6 which he posted earlier.  IMO, that rule provides adequate notice that you should only take the free items you can use (but not multiple free items to pass out to people not participating in the exchange).

Edited by ferret
  • Like 4