Sign in to follow this  
Pampala

Kaladrax

He looks great!

The stoneworks might benefit from some highlights and maybe some moss/sand here and there.

Drybrush some vampire white and some light mossy green over the stonework and it will pop more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I also think he looks great, love the different shades of bone. Second the Wolf's idea on stone highlights. Maybe also consider glowing eyes so he looks more undead and less dead-dead?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Right now the wings are the focal point, but they sit at the periphery of the mini and are only visible from some angles of this massive thing. consider adding some eye candy that draws the viewers eye to a nice focal point (generally this is the head, but it doesn't have to be). Maybe the eyes, as was suggested above, or some nice detailing work (higher highlights) on the skull, teeth (deeper shadows), and horns (color pop) could do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with all of the above.  There is beautiful work on this figure.  Something more is needed on the skull,  Also on the base, it is a very dark lump sitting under him and some highlights would help.  Also you mention vegetation which I strongly support, I had already planned on putting some on my Kaladrax when I finally build up the nerve to paint him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pampala said:

Thanks for suggestions, I completely agree. I will try to implement it, once I gather some willpower again :-).

i know the feeling LOL, a project this big requires recovery

On 4/27/2020 at 5:06 AM, Glitterwolf said:

He looks great!

The stoneworks might benefit from some highlights and maybe some moss/sand here and there.

Drybrush some vampire white and some light mossy green over the stonework and it will pop more.

totally agree, any large grass, bushes, wouldn't fit IMO.  It would have to be something very small , stunted, that lives on a mountain top

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Pampala said:

New pictures added to the main post.

huge improvement, i didn't even see the statue head in the originals and the color balance overall is a much better

how did you Black out the background, mechanically with cloth/black velvet or digitally ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pampala said:

New pictures added to the main post.

YES!

Great improvement!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fencig said:

huge improvement, i didn't even see the statue head in the originals and the color balance overall is a much better

how did you Black out the background, mechanically with cloth/black velvet or digitally ?

Thanks. The background is black cloth and digitally adjusted black point, so it is uniform black.

• Like 1