Bones4 Ettin

Venun

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Glitter =)

Does anyone know who sculpted it btw? I couldn't find the info as it's not released yet.

But my compliments to the sculpt, these details are great.

An anvil tied to a trunk as a hammer.

A helmet taken from an unfortunate warrior who ran into these lubberbrains.

The pig on the back!

The insignia on the chest!

So much goodness to paint, really well done. So much character. Hat off for the sculpter.

Edited by Venun
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Venun said:

Thanks Glitter =)

Does anyone know who sculpted it btw? I couldn't find the info as it's not released yet.

But my compliments to the sculpt, these details are great.

An anvil tied to a trunk as a hammer.

A helmet taken from an unfortunate warrior who ran into these lubberbrains.

The pig on the back!

The insignia on the chest!

So much goodness to paint, really well done. So much character. Hat off for the sculpter.

I believe it was sculpted by Tre Manor.

• Like 2

I like the setting and base that you used for the pics, more interesting that the typical box i plop mine in. Terrain is still on my " to do" list

One head is like " lets kill these adventurers"

the other one "  hey look, left-over Mutton from last night "

Edited by Fencig
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fencig said:

I like the setting and base that you used for the pics, more interesting that the typical box i plop mine in. Terrain is still on my " to do" list

One head is like " lets kill these adventurers"

the other one "  hey look, left-over Mutton from last night "

Haha, yeah the faces are great sculpts! Very characteristic.

The background is actually a piece for my aquarium which we didn't have a place for anymore. Win win :) 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By rubegon
      This is one of the Townsfolk from the Bones 4 core set, sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

I tried a couple of new things on this one.  I used clears (Magenta and Phthalo Blue) and Pure White to paint the dress, and the most complicated skin recipe I’ve ever used (3 Reaper and 3 S75 paints).  The face turned out pretty well, so I decided to try painting makeup for the first time - she’s a courtesan after all.  Also freehanded shoulder blades.

This is another mini that was meant to be a quick RCL paint job, but sort of grew legs.  In retrospect I wish I’d gotten the metal version - I couldn’t do much with that seal flipper of a hand 🤣

palette with skin colors (front 2 rows):

• By billeecats
      Back after a long-ish hiatus. I had to take a break from painting earlier this year because of some eye issues. No that I can see right again, I wanted to take a simple-ish mini to completion. I used the RCL limited palette theme for July. 

While the paint job on these maggots can be better, it's gratifying to be back to doing something I enjoy immensely. 

• By billeecats
      Blink has been sitting on my desk for months. I finally called it done on her today. There are issues, especially with the not so clean lines on the armor, but I just needed to get this done and move on. I am, however, happy enough with her face. 

• By billeecats
      I started these Minitaurs months ago, and wanted to paint them like the Khazra from the Diablo video games. I abandoned work on them earlier this year when I took a break from painting for health reasons. At this point I'm kinda jaded and just wanted them off my table. The leader's wrist wraps are too bright, and I might go back and add shadows to tone those down, but otherwise I'm done with these. 

• By R2ED
      It's been a while since I've posted anything to WIP, but I'm trying to get my mojo back.  This particular model has had a few new things applied to it that I was testing, but am not totally happy with.  The main thing is I'm getting paint down and learning as I go, but there's a few questions I have:

1.  Ink washes - so, I'm getting a lot of pooling when using them.  I'm using DR inks with a drop of ink, drop of flowaid, and a touch of water.  This leaves it glossy and pooled in places pretty badly.  Tried going to ink and flow aid only so it'd drift more into the recesses, which helped, but still not solving it.  then I tried less ink by dabbing my brush in just a touch into the ink, then utilizing the flowaid to dilute what's on the brush in a little pool.  All in all I'm having difficulty finding what is the right balance.  Any tips here?

2.  Oil paints.  I finally went for the James Wappel special here and attempted some oils.  This didn't pan out super well and could be the paint-to-alcohol I used.  My assessment was it was too thick and I didn't know how much to dab off with a sponge.  The skin color worked okay, but needed a big highlight application with acrylics after the oils dried (waited more than a week).  I tried testing washes with this stuff by doing the 'blot test' on a paper towel to see if it spread out, which kind of worked.  However, the effect of the oils spread further into areas I didn't want.  Probably my area of weakness here is not knowing how to clean it up as much.  I think the dilution on the wash is correct, but the cleanup needs some learning.

3.  Overall difficulty I'm experiencing right now is trying to do too many things.  This particular model had oils first, then washes, then let it dry because I was mad at it for like 2 weeks and didn't want to touch it.  Came back to it this morning wanting to finish it, but still not thrilled with the outcome.  I think the color balance might be off or my choice of colors isn't strong enough.

4.  Rope:what the hell color are you using on rope?  The rope that runs across his chest, on the club, on the barrel - I'm lost in what color to use.  I thought I'll use a Ochre Yellow and then wash over it in a brownish color to bring it down.  It's...yellow.  Not intended.  Then I thought maybe use an ivory and dye it down.  Need some input here.

I know this guy isn't "bad", but he's not awful.  I just don't feel like the progress was as strong with him and I'm struggling right now with what to do and how to approach it.  I thought maybe getting a post in here and having people drop some feedback to me might help me get things back together.  Always love the help y'all provide. 

I need to get into the swing of things again before Bones 5 delivery - so now more than ever gotta keep that flame burning.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)