Sign in to follow this  
stormbreach

77333 Mountain Troll

yeah,  the skin is great. The parts that aged when he curls up and sleeps versus the exposed  weathered portions, very clever . 2 colors not easy to blend but i think you pulled it off 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, onthebus36 said:

I really like it.  I removed the shoulder spikes from mine but I like them in the copper color.  Very nice.

I like this colour too. I see it as copper also but it's GW's Balthazar Gold. Apparently they don't think it's copper lol.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      My starting warband for Mordheim is finally done! Hope you like them! 

• By lazarp
      Painted this one for my orc mob mordheim warband, hope you like it 
    • By Choppertown
      After completing my Reaper training kits, I'm ready to start tackling my old 80s lead minis from my youth.  I tried painting a couple when I was twelve years old and failed so miserably I literally thought there was no way I would ever be able to even attempt this hobby and it was just better left to others with more talent.  Thanks Reaper for making the awesome training sets and helping me try again after over 35 years.  So without further ado I begin digging into my vault from the 80s.  Apologies if this forum is for Reaper products only, no insult intended.

So I think this baddie might be a Ral Partha Hill Troll, but not sure. Anybody have some insight?

• By Maledrakh
      An Oldhammer Troll

Who's up for some softball?

Crooked Claw miniatures was a Germany-based one man (and afaik run as a part-time, hobby-style evenings-and-weekend business) miniatures company that was all about oldhammer style goblins (and a few orcs) sculpted by Kev Adams the Goblinmaster. I do not really know the backstory, but I surmise that the person running the company commissioned minis from Kev Adams, had them produced and cast up, and then sold them off his website. There was also an indiegogo campaign at one point. I believe my Crooked Claw minis are from that campaign. I bought a batch of them second hand some years ago. Crooked Claw minis sold off all stock and closed down early 2016.
      At any rate, the Goblinmaster makes lovely goblins in his signature style, and the Crooked Claw ones are immediately identifiable as Kev Adams sculpts. However, the troll is not. Both this troll and an armoured wolf are sculpted by Diego Serrate.
      I like to think I am not an elitist. This is a well sculpted lovely, even brilliant troll. But still.... not by Kev Adams. Strange how brand names can alter one's perception of a product, isn't it?

more pics and painting method description beneath the click. Go on then, click it! You know you want to.

• By GodOfCheese
      Hadn't painted metal in a while... it was refreshing!

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)