Sign in to follow this  
SkaldinShadows

Pygmy mammoth size

Hey all,

I'm considering getting the pygmy mammoth, but I can't get a good sense of it's scale. Based on its price, I think it may work for what I'm looking for but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a picture with the mammoth alongside a humanoid-sized figure they'd be willing to share?

TIA!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkaldinShadows said:

Hey all,

I'm considering getting the pygmy mammoth, but I can't get a good sense of it's scale. Based on its price, I think it may work for what I'm looking for but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a picture with the mammoth alongside a humanoid-sized figure they'd be willing to share?

TIA!

Welcome to the Forum!

image.png.5ca5f24b524a1ce68cab4337207c4bbe.png

• Like 5

I've heard people grumble that it's small, but judging from Sir Forscale, Tusky here looks to be about 10 foot at the shoulders and 14 foot to the topknot, which is pretty respectable for a proboscidean. 

• Like 4

On 5/9/2020 at 3:23 AM, Rigel said:

I've heard people grumble that it's small, but judging from Sir Forscale, Tusky here looks to be about 10 foot at the shoulders and 14 foot to the topknot, which is pretty respectable for a proboscidean. 

I'd heard the same thing.  That doesn't look too far off, really.  

Still excited for the Bones V version, but I may have to pick up a pair of these, too.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 10:23 AM, Rigel said:

The main reason you hear that is because in the Bones 4 KS for size they said he would be HUGE. with capital letters.

Seeing this turned HUGE into "he's allright", which wasn't quite the same as the expectation set out.

He's a fun figure to paint though!

• Like 2