Jump to content

ReaperCon 2020 Cancellation Notice


Recommended Posts

  • Reaper User
3 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

Thanks, everyone! Those summaries were really helpful.

 

@ReaperAHawk, you get all your Reaper colleagues thinking about what to do about the gaming yet? :)

 

Not yet...we had very long meeting this morning, but didn't get that far. to talk about how games would work...it will be on our agenda as soon as we lock in Classes (Reaper U) for this virtual RCon. We are trying to make sure all/most facets of RCon will be apart of this one too!

  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING REAPERCON 2020   April 29, 2020 Today, the ReaperCon staff met to discuss the status of ReaperCon 2020. It is with great disappointment that we unanimously

This is what I took away from the show. Note that this is not an official announcement.  I do not represent Reaper Miniatures.  I could have misunderstood something so please don't yell at Reaper if I

I came in late, so here's the few things I was able to glean:   THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS: If you have questions, send them to [email protected] If you made hotel reserva

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

 

Not yet...we had very long meeting this morning, but didn't get that far. to talk about how games would work...it will be on our agenda as soon as we lock in Classes (Reaper U) for this virtual RCon. We are trying to make sure all/most facets of RCon will be apart of this one too!

 

Sounds lovely to me! It's not incredibly easy to set up, but it takes a lot less time to figure out than a lot of the mini stuff. As long as it's on the list I won't worry about it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the summaries.  You guys covered all the points I remember them talking about.  They showed off one Julie Guthrie set of two minis for ReaperCon, a pirate and an octopus that can fit together on one base in a combat scene.  Awesome as you would expect.

 

For those of you unfamiliar with Twitch, you are allowed to watch the streams and VODs even if you do not have a Twitch account.  If you go to the Reaper channel on Twitch, you can watch all their videos immediately after the stream.  The other day I noticed I could watch a VOD for a stream in progress.  So I could choose to start from the beginning instead of watching the end of the live stream if I wanted.

 

Here is a direct link to Reaper Live from tonight: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/607510393

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

One question that comes to mind is if UPS shipping will be available for international orders.  Class kits sound awesome, but right now it's taking 5-6 weeks for packages to get from the US to Canada if they're shipped USPS, for example. 

 

I'm also curious if previous year(s) of Reapercon paints will also be available in the store :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

 

I'm also curious if previous year(s) of Reapercon paints will also be available in the store :) 

 

Usually the paints are mixed for the con and available until the batch sells out, and no more is ever made. 

 

That said, a couple have been re-mixed (I think Big Top Red?) and it sounds like this year's colors (Powderburn, Clouded Sea, and Pirate Gold) are going to be copies --at least in name-- of some we had a number of years back.   

 

If they're going to copy old colors I want more Corporeal Shadow. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping that they will carry the Pirate Theme over till 2021.

Some of us have already invested considerable time and energy [not to mention made specific purchases] in piratey themed costume and accessory kit, and to not have an opportunity to show it off properly would be a major letdown.

GEM

Brotherhood of the Blue Sash

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Inarah said:

 

If they're going to copy old colors I want more Corporeal Shadow. 

 

me too! If it helps, Anne mixed it from (the equivalents of) sapphire blue and walnut brown, so you can make it yourself more or less.  Apparently, due to the base pigments in each, it was pain in the butt. I still love it!  :wub:

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I'm hoping that they will carry the Pirate Theme over till 2021.

Some of us have already invested considerable time and energy [not to mention made specific purchases] in piratey themed costume and accessory kit, and to not have an opportunity to show it off properly would be a major letdown.

GEM

Brotherhood of the Blue Sash

 

Second that. (And saying it as someone with no pirate costume.)

 

I have a Follow-on suggestion: move the full Pirate Theme to 2021 ...but slightly morph this year’s theme to something that is still Nautical:

 

 

Any Port in a Storm

 

 

 

(Since everyone will be ‘scattered to the winds’ for this one, right..?)

 

(Also by next year it should be possible to have a full-fleet of Kickstarter Pirate Ships on hand...)

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TGP said:

 

Second that. (And saying it as someone with no pirate costume.)

 

I have a Follow-on suggestion: move the full Pirate Theme to 2021 ...but slightly morph this year’s theme to something that is still Nautical:

 

 

Any Port in a Storm

 

 

 

(Since everyone will be ‘scattered to the winds’ for this one, right..?)

 

(Also by next year it should be possible to have a full-fleet of Kickstarter Pirate Ships on hand...)

 

Space Pirates!!!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no longer completely beside myself, but this was a big blow.  I'm 38 so virtual stuff is just always fake and cheesy to me.  I don't even like video conferencing my children (my favorite people in the world).  

 

I hope it's back up for next year.  I'm not going to criticize Reaper in any way, they did what they think was best.  I am super disappointed though.  To those who haven't gone, it was a beacon of humanity to me, all of the incredibly nice people, thoughtful human beings, long conversations, FUN, it's hard to say just how much I looked forward to going to RC20 after first attending in 19.

 

Chalk it up to the rest of the crappy 2020.  Could be worse.  Bummer.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a family trip planned in the fall, but that seems to have been cancelled for the foreseeable future so now I get to attend Reapercon Online. Not the ideal way to attend but I'm looking forward to it. Already have a mini planned for the paint competition that I based recently.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...