Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ReaperAHawk

ReaperCon 2020 Cancellation Notice

Recommended Posts

So, the Embassy just canceled  my room all on their own. I did not call them and ask. They did not call me and ask if that's what I wanted. Room just poof, canceled. This is actually pretty upsetting to me, even though I was going to cancel anyway. What if I was going to also be visiting family that weekend and my reservation was partly for that too? (It's not, but it could happen) Plus, folks at Reaper keep telling us we have to do it when apparently, that isn't true.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dicey said:

So, the Embassy just canceled  my room all on their own. I did not call them and ask. They did not call me and ask if that's what I wanted. Room just poof, canceled. This is actually pretty upsetting to me, even though I was going to cancel anyway. What if I was going to also be visiting family that weekend and my reservation was partly for that too? (It's not, but it could happen) Plus, folks at Reaper keep telling us we have to do it when apparently, that isn't true.

 

That's probably ES just trying to be helpful (....or avoid bad PR by letting your reservation stand until it becomes non-refundable). My guess is, if you were intending your stay to be multi-purpose you could call them back and they'd restore it for you. I found that Embassy Suites to be really chill and super helpful about various things in the past.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TGP said:

or avoid bad PR by letting your reservation stand until it becomes non-refundable

 

It was always refundable until the week prior, but with the virus the current cancellation policy is only 24 hours in advance, so that makes no sense. There were months before my reservation wouldn't be refundable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For other conventions I have had cancelled, the hotel automatically cancels reservations because they don't want to honor the convention rate when there is no convention. The Embassy would have been the first hotel to not cancel con rate rooms automatically that I have encountered. In at least one case, I found out the con was cancelled by the hotel automatically cancelling the reservations. 

 

If your room was outside the convention block, I have no explanation. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Keianna said:

If your room was outside the convention block, I have no explanation.

It was in the block. And it makes sense about the rate. However, everyone at Reaper has been specifically telling us that they would not cancel our reservations automatically. It seems this information may be false. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...