Sign in to follow this  
Cyradis

Online R-Con and Vendors

I saw the news about ReaperCon being canceled and had a thought....

Vendors at RCon are part of the fun, yes? If everything is online, then shouldn't they also be part of that? Is there a way to coordinate with them such that all RCon online shopping can include them? If we did all our shopping at the separate vendors online, shipping could become cost prohibitive. But if stuff from vendors could go with things like VIP bag orders and whatnot, we could more easily support them too.

No idea if it is possible, but hey, if it is, that would be swell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

59 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I saw the news about ReaperCon being canceled and had a thought....

Vendors at RCon are part of the fun, yes? If everything is online, then shouldn't they also be part of that? Is there a way to coordinate with them such that all RCon online shopping can include them? If we did all our shopping at the separate vendors online, shipping could become cost prohibitive. But if stuff from vendors could go with things like VIP bag orders and whatnot, we could more easily support them too.

No idea if it is possible, but hey, if it is, that would be swell.

The only problem with that that I can see is that the vendor stock would have to be at the Reaper warehouse.  Otherwise, you order, it gets shipped to Reaper and then it gets shipped to you.  Aside from the logistical nightmare difficulties, that would probablly mean that Reaper would be responsible for any damaged or lost packages.  If anyone could figure out a way to do it, it would most likely be Reaper, but I don't see it as probable.  Now, posting a link to the businesses that were going to attend?  Great!  I'll gladly support them (even without "free shipping").  They want to run a RCon special? Even better (but not required).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They just made the decision last night or this morning.  Give 'em a week to figure out   some  details.  Step 1) is process *refunds.......................... Step 2) was announce there will be two grades of swag bags. 

Step 3)  ?????? re-plan everything.

*Note that vendors all need to receive refunds as well. They had all purchased spaces.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Vendors that were going to RCon, have a percentage off code. Done.

• Like 4

Stuff does need to be figured out - but hey, suggestions are there for things to consider. I'm not going "MAKE IT SO" at all.

It could indeed be logistically tough; maybe worth it, maybe not. But a way to help the vendors take part too seems good, yeah?

• Like 2

One possibility is "regular commercial breaks" that bookend classes or class segments.

Another is banner ads above or below segments of the Con.

All sorts of possibilities, this just comes to mind off the top of my head.

I'd love to see some ads from the Bombshell Folks. ::):

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 4

To be honest I was holding off on releasing the space vendors this year. While I do have an excellent idea of who would be attending the coordination would be tough. I’m sure Adrienne and Ron have some ideas percolating.

• Like 2