Sign in to follow this  
Bustawolf

3d printed goblin girl bust

She's awesome, so vibrant, youthful and yet..those teeth, somethig to watch out for!

Beautifully painted.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

This artist needs to start selling on MyMinifactory or something...   

Oh, and the paintjob is marvellous. 

Thank you! I've suggested it to them but they need to learn to prep models for printing.  The person I get my prints from had to do some work to get it printed.

Edited by Bustawolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bustawolf said:

Thank you! I've suggested it to them but they need to learn to prep models for printing.  The person I get my prints from had to do some work to get it printed.

Have you sent them back the print-fixed file as a thank-you for getting the STL from them and help them get started? :) 

The sculpt and the paintjob are beautiful, great personality and loads of character coming off it. Good job!

6 hours ago, Venun said:

Have you sent them back the print-fixed file as a thank-you for getting the STL from them and help them get started? :) 

The sculpt and the paintjob are beautiful, great personality and loads of character coming off it. Good job!

I've sent it.   Not sure if they can sell this one though being that it's based on another artist character. 

Update I just commissioned them to do a bust of one of my D&D characters!

Edited by Bustawolf
Update
  • Like 2

On 4/30/2020 at 3:44 AM, Venun said:

On 4/30/2020 at 1:50 AM, Gadgetman! said:

This artist needs to start selling on MyMinifactory or something...   

Oh, and the paintjob is marvellous. 

Not sure what board would be appropriate to share these but here's the bust I commissioned from the artist.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_qzxQxHsFj/?igshid=8fa4s31aith8

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Yet another awesome female sculpt that I will never get to own?

How can you be so cruel as to post that?

I own it I can send over the OBJ file if you would like. Im curious to see some other people's take on it. Here's what she's based on. Aleina the tiefling monk, my first d&d character.

aleina cutout.jpg

Edited by Bustawolf
Added info
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      I'm fairly happy with these two, especially how the bases turned out. Other than that, I'm still working on consistent lighting and how top make the picture look good on both the phone and on a monitor. Also I may need to get some sort of air purifier, because the amount of dust that forms and how ridiculously quick it appears, is well... ridiculous!
    • By EvilJames
      Thank you @malefactus for recommending this guy to me so very long ago. He was absolutely perfect for my needs. Now it's just to bad I can't get a game in. 

Hmmm. his one eye looks a bit weird up close. Oh well, on the table he just looks confused. 

I'll need to look up who made him again in a bit, so I can put that info in the title.
    • By EvilJames
      Big Boss Goblin for eventual theoretical Frostgrave. Fairly happy with his armor and jowels
    • By Brianuk
      I'd got some of the Warlord imperial roman legionnaires free with a magazine. They are tiny for 28mm, with minis like the Oathmark dwarves towering over them. I've used the minis for spare parts but took an Oathmark goblin wolf rider head to make this heavy hobgoblin or goblin infantryman. 

The kit was a 'roman veterans' one with heavier armour and more battered shields than the more prevalent getup of a roman legionnaire. 

The paint job took about 30 mins ex drying times. A dark grey primer, drybrush of metal parts with Scale 75 black metal, skin with Scale 75 sandalwood, Vallejo dark red or chocolate brown details, then an all over Vallejo black wash. Think I will make more of these. 

• By Rahz
      As an entry to @Glitterwolf’s painting Pandemic challenge I figured I’d try something a little different.  I printed up this scaled-down nurse from Silent Hill.  Plan is to have her with a wall that is flaking away (crackle paint is the intent here) and dirty tile floor.  

a long time ago (I swore I had it bookmarked but alas...) I found a write-up by an individual who painted up some amazing veiny zombie skin using batting as a mask for the airbrush with the dark bruised colours going on first before adding the skin tone overtop.  Since I can’t find the reference, I’m going on trial and error and some fuzzy memory.  

im going to have to be very careful with the cleaver as it is less than 1mm thick. 

primed white and her dress was then covered with tape to minimize cleanup later. 

A good vibrant purple (mix of warcolours Violet 5 and Vallejo game air alien purple). Never planned on painting a zombie purple before.  

Then I hit it, using some batting that I teased and stretched out with Vallejo game air electric blue.  The right, her left, leg turned out better but it’s more splotchy than veiny.  I feel for the skin layer I’ll need a finer mesh (more space between) but thicker strands.  Will have to play with the batting to see what I can come up with.  

Thinking of priming up a couple plastic spoons to try this on to see how things turn out before I attack her.  Hope to start some work on the base tomorrow night. 

Thanks for looking.  

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)