Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

14 minutes ago, TGP said:

@TripleH  and @Cranky Dog  are there threads in the ShowOff section for these two entries?

My 2019 Open category entry.

Constructive comments I got that I could've done some drybrushing on the terrain. I already knew about needing to push the contrast more on the skeletons, but the figures are so thin that getting any convincing shadows was beyond my current level.

• Like 10

On 5/1/2020 at 9:44 AM, Inarah said:

May 1 

According to sources, today is unofficially Batman Day, this date in 1939 is when the crime fighter made his debut in Detective Comics #27. Participants are encouraged to dress like Batman or read a bunch of comics. 

The first Friday in May is also No Pants Day.  Participate by going out in public (remember to stay socially distanced).

Question for today: What are you wearing? 

On the first it was jeans and a t-shirt but as it was cold I did walk around with a blanket over my shoulders like a cape so that could count for Batman I mean the back of the quilt is dark blue...

On 5/2/2020 at 10:00 AM, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Have you ever taken a road trip with a pet?

Only one longer than a half hour or so to go visit relatives was bringing my beta fish, Sir Splash of the House Beta Max Knight of the Order of the Crimson Fin,  close to 5 hours home from college.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:45 AM, Inarah said:

May 3

What restaurant meal do you miss most during this time of isolation and stay-at-home orders?

toss up between the barbecue place that’s closed, particularly the brunch, they have so many delicious baked good besides the barbecue and they even have good vegetarian stuff; and  the homemade bread french toast at the breakfast lunch place that’s to far for takeout where I get one cinnamon swirl and one oatmeal molasses cause I can never pick between the two, they also have awesome bacon.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, Inarah said:

May 4

How did you learn to drive?

At sixteen read the book, passed the learners test, went to the driving school in town and my dad and grandpa did the rest of my practice hours (My mom only made it halfway to the mall with me once while I was learning  and then I don’t think I drove her again till after college) took the test and passed a few weeks after I turned sixteen and a half.When I got my license sixteen and a half with drivers ed was as early as you could get it it was 17 without, driving school was all apologetic that they couldn’t schedule it sooner, I still was one of the first of my friends to get their license.  Still haven’t learned stick, apparently one parent is bad at it so we didn’t have one and the relative who was going to show me moved out of state and had an automatic when they moved back.

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 5

Of which 2019 achievements are you most proud? 

It’s small one but successfully making this one cookie right, seriously every time before it was still tasty but somehow the ginger sugar would turn into a gingersnap and not be the soft gingery cookie it’s supposed to be, so frustrating cause its so good.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 5

Both realizing that my job was treating me like crap (work-life balance, what's that?) and that I could do something about it.

That said, I didn't do anything about it last year because I decided I wanted to see one contract through to its end, which didn't happen until the beginning of March.  And then my employment situation got a little weird in February, but it looks like it's converging on a new, different, better? normal.

• Like 10

May 6

When life gets you down what do you do to cheer yourself up?

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 6

There's a couple places on the farm that are great for just sitting and relaxing. Don't spend much time at them any more. Also have a close friend who's life has been very similar to mine and understands me completely. Helps us both out when we can get together for broccoli sessions. Doesn't change anything but we feel better for having talked about all our problems because we can talk about absolutely anything and everything. Other than those I try to just do something that helps me relax or makes me happy like my toys. Even if it's not super effective at times it slowly nibbles away at the worries.

• Like 12

On 5/5/2020 at 9:13 AM, Inarah said:

May 5

I made it through! It's been a rough couple of years. It's shown in my lengthy absences from the forums and in my artwork. :(

But I'm here! :wub:

I also took an online figure drawing class when I got back from ReaperCon! I was excited to show you guys my progress but it's figure drawing, can't really post here haha.

54 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 6

A couple years ago, I made a list. Every now and then, I add to it. I don't always remember to use the list, but I try!

Here are a couple things from the list:

image.png.ee307915d9c26d962f7828f4115ca19d.png

I also have links saved to various happy videos, like:

A happy birb singing: https://www.reddit.com/r/PartyParrot/comments/a6fudi/impossible_not_be_in_a_good_mood_around_him/

A character in Animal Crossing singing and dancing along to the radio in the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/frrlgx/i_was_chasing_her_all_day_with_the_stereo_until/

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Usually try to do fun things, hobby, play with Brutus etc.

It doesn't always work though.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Exercise, usually.  Sometimes making art or listening to music.  And there is a great value in getting together with good friends willing to listen to your troubles.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 6

It depends on what’s actually getting me down. If it’s my baby, I talk to my hubby about it. If it’s financial stress, I usually clean. Everything else and I take a walk outside.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Instead of whine... I drink some vine...
Or I paint minis...

Advice: never paint minis after you have drunk vine!

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

It depends; exercise is good, as is hard physical labor,  like splitting wood. Either gets my mind off of whatever is bothering me.

Other times reading, a computer game, or hobbying will work. 

• Like 10

May 6

Preferably, a nice long drive by myself, windows down, music cranked. If the drive ends at a race track, all the better.

If that isn't an option, hobbying, with the music cranked, is a pretty good substitute.

• Like 10

May 6

Chocolate

Spend time with nature, bird watching usually.

Reread a favorite book (Princess Bride)

More yoga or physical exercise

Watch classic comedy movies, usually black and white films.

Dance to loud music.

Take a nap.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

I am one of those annoying people who always seems to be happy. This is not always how I feel inside however.

I have been blessed with a strong sense of the absurd & a ready positive outlook on life that will assert itself in time.

My sad times are mitigated by a belief that good things arise from sadness...playing some up beat tune through my head works wonders at times.

• Like 13