Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

When life gets you down what do you do to cheer yourself up?

Shoot zombies.

My usual suspects are 7 Days to Die and Project Zomboid. Currently playing Days Gone, which is a great game. Though there are some overly gruesome parts and the storyline is often a bit too on-the-nose for the current situation.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Immerse myself in other people's problems... well, not immerse, but willingly get involved if involvement is welcomed. Takes my mind right off it.

And possibly have a No Pants Day :P

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Tough question. I'm typically pretty cheerful. And even when life is going bad, or negative things are happening to me or my loved ones outside of my control, I'm a pretty stoic person. This is a good thing in my opinion though, as those rare instances when I do get depressed then I've noticed I will drink more alcohol than normal. And that can be a fairly bad coping mechanism. Thankfully my wife and one or two of my closer friends are the kinds of people who are willing to point that out to me when it happens.

• Like 10

On 5/5/2020 at 9:13 AM, Inarah said:

May 5

Of which 2019 achievements are you most proud? 

I made friends with one of my tiniest **cousins. (She-Who-Chases-Dinosaurs)

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

**Remember a not quite 2 year old hunting a rampaging robotic dinosaur; she won't remember it because she was not quite two; but someone should remember that.

OR

Play stupid silly games:

367414827_ScreenShotSmaller.thumb.png.c746e82189d9dfcd39192fb14a5836f7.png

I can post the link to this if anyone is curious or wants to play.

• Like 14

On 5/5/2020 at 7:13 AM, Inarah said:

May 5

Of which 2019 achievements are you most proud? 

I got out of whatever malaise I had last year, and got past my procrastination and creative funk!

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

I watch comfort movies — any fun or lighthearted movie from my shelf that I can rewatch and forget anything that bothers me.  Or I’ll play a casual video game, like Minecraft or Slime Rancher.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Start concentrating on how much God has blessed me overall in my life.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

I rage, then I sleep and/or ignore the world by watching some dumb movie, then I get back to life. It takes about 36 hours.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Life behaves like an AstroJax being whipped around by a Korean teen for me, so, uhm... Just keep going typically. 

If it hits particularly bad, usually headphones are involved, and as an olllld (idiotic and annoying) boss at a job I'm glad I'm no longer doing would describe... Music that seems to fall under "kill your mother kill your father" type music.  Aka high energy, raw, probably some rage in it.  Yes, metal of different flavours falls into this readily, as does aggrotech, DnB, hard house, hardstyle, etc etc. 

But yeah. I'm used to peaks and valleys all over, biggest thing for me is enjoy the peaks, but don't ride them too long, or force them to last longer, because sometimes it really does feel like a rule of three with such behaviour. 

Games, movies, shows, reading, painting, even assembling minis help for me. 

Years (decades even) ago I used to go for a ride... Gawds did I ride my bike a LOT back then... Like 4-6 hours a day easily..

• Like 12

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Depends. I am an escapist, so anything that will take my mind away from whatever is bothering me. Works best when I am lonely or scared. When I am anxious about something I did or didn't do, I clean. It doesn't really make me feel better, but it does settle me down because it is at least something I have control over. 

10 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

Instead of whine... I drink some vine...
Or I paint minis...

Advice: never paint minis after you have drunk vine!

Actually, a few sips of alcohol helps me relax and steady my hand. About a third of a drink in is the sweet spot. 

• Like 11

19 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Life doesn't get me down. :mellow:

Possibly because the proximity of the alternative is an incentive to enjoy myself.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

I go out running(bit difficult just now though), watch old movies from my childhood, play with the cats, get outside and look for wildlife, paint or check out one of the many animal rescue websites I follow. Like these adventurers, owned but the awesome sisters that run Mini Cat Town Rescue in California. Rosie the cat is an honorary dog after being adopted/saved by the pale husky Lilo. The sight of that little cat face trying to be a husky cheers me up every single time.

767120771_OIP(3).jpeg.58ffba1a46b5dcef1e7edc7020848827.jpegphoto.thumb.jpg.45319dc1f1120ca594e3ea241247f03e.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

On 5/6/2020 at 12:41 PM, VitM said:

And there is a great value in getting together with good friends willing to listen to your troubles.

Speaking of this, I have something I could use an unfamiliar person's perspective on. If you're willing to be a kind internet stranger and allow me to bounce some thoughts off you, send me a PM. 

edit: Y'all are good people.  Much appreciated. :wub:

Edited by VitM
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 6

Pray and sculpt

• Like 12

May 7

What is your favorite part of the hobby process? (planning, assembly, painting, gaming, competition, etc?) 

• Like 5