Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

18 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 7

What is your favorite part of the hobby process? (planning, assembly, painting, gaming, competition, etc?) 

Apparently, its the acquisition..... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11

20 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 7

What is your favorite part of the hobby process? (planning, assembly, painting, gaming, competition, etc?) 

I've always liked the assembly and gaming parts best.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:
37 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 7

Seems to be me too although I would prefer to say it's the planning and assembly.

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 7

I love building and painting minis, but my favourite thing is when I realise that I have a fully painted, appropriate mini of a Big Bad for our Pathfinder game. That moment of "WTF?!?" from your players when you plunk a demon/dragon/shipwreck revenant down infront of their characters is awesome :lol:

48 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 7

Sculpting & basing followed closely by painting are my favorites of late.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 7

Probably the gaming, but it's the part I get to do the least.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 7

Prepping the mini, including sculpting a base is calming for me. I also like the part where the mini is done and I can play with it.

• Like 13

Definitely the gaming aspect. My last hometown gaming group was around 2000. If not for rpg gaming at RCon, it would have been close to 20 years. One of the reason why I started play by posting on here. I will cheer the day my game store can fully support in store events again.

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I think deep down, that is everyone's!!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 7

Prep and assembly.  There’s something I love about removing mold lines, filling gaps and air bubbles, sanding smoothing rough surfaces, re-sculpting damaged/missing details, pinning and gluing parts, and generally getting the model to a primed and ready to paint state.  

Sadly, my shelf of shame reflects this preference.  It’s like an artist that only likes prepping a blank canvas for painting.

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
typos
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 7

So beyond that, I really enjoy planning...which is why I have some many uncompleted WIPs, unassembled 3D prints, uncompleted RPG worlds, etc.....

And playing, although that has been so little in the last decade or so as to be almost non-existent.  That is why I'm so focused on Star Wars Legion right now. People actually play it locally, and it is a setting I like, and isn't a GW massive investment to get into. Of course the pandemic hit just as I was read to start playing, but the rules are light enough that I can play with my wife (who isn't a gamer) and it's Star Wars so she knows the setting some.

I enjoy the rest, but the physical realities of my neck and shoulder limit how much I can really enjoy them.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 7

Yes. That's not meant to be ( entirely ) snarky, I Iegitimately enjoy pretty much the whole gamut of activities with the possible exception of mold line removal. 

Yup!::D:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 7

I don't game with the minis, other than that I enjoy almost everything except removing mold lines and I hate fiddly bits that won't stay glued.

Also I love to make up background stories ( often shared on this forum as well).

A mini comes to life in my mind, who or what is it? What has it been through?

From there I choose a base and a colour scheme.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 7

conversion.

I really like chopping up and building weird things

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 7

My favorite part is when people tell me how much they like my work. Until I started painting, I never really did anything that was really mine and worthy of praise. 

Other than that, I enjoy it all. Removing mold lines is soothing, assembly is fun cause you see the figure in one piece for the first time, paint is fun because colors and shiny, basing is fun because you get to be crafty and creative and messy. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Keianna said:

My favorite part is when people tell me how much they like my work. Until I started painting, I never really did anything that was really mine and worthy of praise. 

There is something really satisfying about that, to be sure.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1