Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

May 9

Today is Lost Sock Memorial Day. There are few mysteries in life that are as perplexing as the mystery of the missing sock. No matter how hard you try to keep pairs of socks together, invariably one of them ventures out into the netherworld never to be found again.

What do you do with the remaining unmatched socks?  Do you recycle them into dust cloths or dog toys, or keep them in hopes the pair will some day match up again? 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 9

Today is Lost Sock Memorial Day. There are few mysteries in life that are as perplexing as the mystery of the missing sock. No matter how hard you try to keep pairs of socks together, invariably one of them ventures out into the netherworld never to be found again.

What do you do with the remaining unmatched socks?  Do you recycle them into dust cloths or dog toys, or keep them in hopes the pair will some day match up again? 

I find the true mystery to be, how do people lose socks?  Were this to happen... I don't buy unique socks so I would just have an odd number of socks.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 9

They go into the cleaning rag bin.

• Like 8

On 5/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, Inarah said:

May 5

Of which 2019 achievements are you most proud? 

I passed the Auditing section of the CPA exam. 

On 5/6/2020 at 10:56 AM, Inarah said:

May 6

When life gets you down what do you do to cheer yourself up?

Pizza. Snuggle my girls. Long walks. Upbeat music. 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:12 AM, Inarah said:

May 7

What is your favorite part of the hobby process? (planning, assembly, painting, gaming, competition, etc?) 

I really enjoy assembly of plastic minis. I'm growing to enjoy converting minis a lot... Painting small batches of monster minis is always satisfying. 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:54 AM, Inarah said:

May 8

It's your turn to cook. What are you serving? 

Taco bowls

17 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Food tonight (as it is my turn to cook IRL):

Tenderloin steaks, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and garden salad.

That sounds so good!

20 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 9

They become dust rags. 

• Like 9

May 9

I only have two types of socks - black dress socks and tube (gym) socks with grey toes.  if there is an odd number then they just sit in a clean clothes basket until I lose another of the same type.  

My wife and daughters have a wide variety of socks, they are always losing matches those sit unclaimed  in the clean laundry basket, and are resorted each laundry day, waiting vainly for the lost half to appear.  I guess wify has been known to throw a few away ... but its pretty rare. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 9

Me, lose a sock? Inconceivable!

The HuntTM is on!

I will launch a search team; use the best sniffer dogs available; gather the usual suspects. No stone will remain unturned!

I may need to go to extremes and look under the bed.

Seriously, I don't lose socks, I wear them out. And since I only wear expensive lifetime satisfaction warranty socks, I can send back the old pair and get a free new pair (return shipping charges only). And they already last a hell of a long time.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9

55 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 9

It's rare that I lose them but because I'm a cheapo I just keep the excess sock and sometimes wear mismatched ones until they are worn out. The only recycling I've ever done with socks is to make wrist protectors/warmers out of them. I tend to buy long socks so I can cut them off at the bottom of the ankle, make a thumb hole and wear them sort of like fingerless gloves. When you have to work outside all day in -20 to -30 weather they keep my wrists from getting completley exposed and freezing. Frostbit isn't fun and I've had it often enough.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 9

I tend to buy the same socks ten pairs at a time because safety toed footwear tends to be rough on them. I try to keep buying the same ones, but that doesn't always happen because Mark's is annoying like that, changing out styles on a regular basis.  If I have one extra, but still several of the same colour look, I just wait, eventually one will die out no matter what I try. 

My socks get worn out due to said boots, so they just wind up being tossed. 

• Like 7

On 5/8/2020 at 10:54 AM, Inarah said:

May 8

It's your turn to cook. What are you serving? 

Frozen pizza or Velveeta Shells & Cheese

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 9

I leave my unmatched socks and wait until I have another sock to pair it together.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

All of the above. Search and hope it will turn up, then pair it with another sock that lost its mate. Once it gets too many holes or too big of a hole in it to be considered a sock, it's becomes a dust cloth or a dog toy. Though, my chocolate lab still steals my socks on a routine basis if I forget to put them in the hamper, so missing socks are usually found in her bed.

• Like 9

May 9

I wear out socks instead of losing them. Also, I always buy the same brand so they all match up together.

• Like 7

May 9

I buy Hanes tube socks, so all of them look the same. If I lose one I just keep the extra 'till I lose another or have to toss one because of holes, then I have a pair again. 

I also wear steel toed combat boots,  so I could wear mismatched socks and no one but me would know anyway. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

May 9

I wear odd unmatched socks.

Problem solved!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

May 9

Fortunately I have three feet.

Operation Grapple was such fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

May 9

I never seem to lose my socks, I think I wear them out before they have a chance to wander off.

• Like 8