Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

What new skills have you learned during/because of the pandemic?

Nothing really. I've had more free time than normal but not because of the virus. With that extra spare time I've played some video games and watched/read a lot of junk online. Not really anything useful.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

Can't really think of anything. I've flipped through some foreign language dictionaries I've used in the past, but I haven't worked on relearning any of what I've forgotten. Rosetta Stone has a deal that ends today with a tempting one-time price for lifetime access to all their languages, but I am really on the fence about springing for that right now. Plus they are missing a key language I want, and I doubt they'll ever add it (but they do offer Dutch, @Glitterwolf so it's tempting...).

I've probably lost more skills than anything else, patience being a key one. Pretty sure I live in a town populated by people who can't read signs or follow simple instructions.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Can't really think of anything. I've flipped through some foreign language dictionaries I've used in the past, but I haven't worked on relearning any of what I've forgotten. Rosetta Stone has a deal that ends today with a tempting one-time price for lifetime access to all their languages, but I am really on the fence about springing for that right now. Plus they are missing a key language I want, and I doubt they'll ever add it (but they do offer Dutch, @Glitterwolf so it's tempting...).

I've probably lost more skills than anything else, patience being a key one. Pretty sure I live in a town populated by people who can't read signs or follow simple instructions.

Ga er voor!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

Got my 3D printer running.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

As a "they call us essential because sacrifice would be too honest" worker, nothing much has changed during the pandemic.  I use pick-up more frequently, but that's not really a new skill.

• Like 8

11th

Nothing new, just the same ol same for me. Other then work is more of PiTA these days.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

I've gotten a bit better at thumbstick shooters (Days Gone).

Realizing I was being a loaf (I'm still working full-time, so not an entire loaf!), I decided to take advantage of the weird situation to take another online class and develop my drawing skills to include landscapes (in charcoal). Should have updates coming over the next few weeks in my art thread if anyone's interested.

• Like 9

On 5/10/2020 at 10:54 AM, Inarah said:

May 10

When something breaks are you more likely to try and fix it, or are you likely to replace it?

I'm a fixer first. I've been cracking things open to see why they don't work since I was a kid and believe in using things until they're truly unuseable.

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

Nothing really. Except for wearing a mask (and a bit of extra stressing) my life's been fairly same old same old being an essential worker and a natural homebody. I'm a natural social distancer, ha.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

I have re-learned (or am in the process thereof) how to manage working horrible hours while sadly ignoring my wife and children, despite all being in the same house.  Working loads of OT has happened to us both in the past but we’ve never been home-teachers at the same time too.  Sooo sleepy.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

Not a new skill, but I think I leveled up my sculpting skill a little. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Nothing springs to mind. Being essential, I haven't had more free time on my hands than usual.

I'm still trying to figure out how being a delivery driver makes me...  Oh, right.  Coffee delivery driver.  Sure do miss seeing half my coworkers though, doubly so since those I tend to talk with (and get encouragement about paint jobs and the like) were put on the opposite shift...

8 hours ago, TGP said:

I learned my face is too big for the standard mask (one size fits all ...but me ::(: )

Standard "one size fits nobody" doesn't fit me either, but I manage as best I can.  The 3M N95 ones barely fit me too, but at least they're easier to breathe through, and don't fog up your glasses as quickly...

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Ga er voor!

Your EN is so perfect, I keep forgetting that it is not your native language.  I tried reading that like 4 times before I realized it wasn't EN. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Your EN is so perfect, I keep forgetting that it is not your native language.  I tried reading that like 4 times before I realized it wasn't EN. :lol:

Thank you!

Listening to music, reading hobby books and watching movies helps a lot, and of course English is a language we use in the Air Force a lot as well.

Ga er voor! = Go for it!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 11

Not a thing, really. I've been busy working from home and picking up OT, so there hasn't been any real skills-learning opportunity, nor motivation.

• Like 8

I'm working from home, and honestly it's tiring me out at least as much as working from the office. I'm not really accomplishing much outside of work. 

• Like 6