Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 20

Do you dance when no one is watching?

Yep.

Also, when some one is watching.

Also, while waiting in the TSA line at airports much to the dismay of travelling companions.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

On 5/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, Inarah said:

May 16

Name an activity that makes you feel good, physically or emotionally.

Lawn care and gardening.  It’s always there to do and getting worse, and I dread getting started, but I always love how I feel afterwards, a bit tired but with the sense of accomplishing something substantial and physical, which is a rare enough feeling for a software engineer.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:50 AM, Inarah said:

May 17

What futuristic thing from a sci-fi movie or book do you really wish existed right now?

How about true cybernetics and trans-humanity?  I’d love the idea of expanding my intellect with cybernetic implants, making backups of my mind and downloading my consciousness into new bodies.

On 5/18/2020 at 7:53 AM, Inarah said:

May 18 

Of the things you learned in grade school (elementary school) what has been the most useful as an adult? 

Ha, I think it was the science classes and experiments that got me into into the tinkering mindset, which has always given me the encouragement that I can always do it myself, if I just learn how...

I still remember that project to build an electric motor using just enameled wire and nails.  I remember others made motors that spun around lazily, where mine ran so fast the rotor flew off its mount!

On 5/19/2020 at 8:11 AM, Inarah said:

May 19

Happiness is.....?

Sitting on the couch, listening to my loved one snore on my shoulder.

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 20

If I did, I still wouldn’t tell anyone that I did...

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 20

Yes, if by “no one” you mean several babies. I do really good silly dances :winkthumbs:

• Like 13

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 20

I won’t say never, but generally no.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

So I'll go with: D'Nealian handwriting.

:huh:

hustler0.jpg

I had to stop looking at pictures of this old airplane...

....and use that tab to look up "D'Nealian Handwriting".  I think I escaped school before that happened. I thought there was only one kind of cursive used in schools. 

• Like 7

On 5/20/2020 at 10:15 AM, Inarah said:

May 20

Sure. Not well, but I enjoy myself. 

• Like 9

May 21

What do you do more of, now that you are supposed to be socially isolated at home?

• Like 8

Just now, Inarah said:

May 21

What do you do more of, now that you are supposed to be socially isolated at home?

Watch YouTube videos.  Watch Reaper Twitch Streams (most are on either during or shortly after my pre-virus work hours).

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 21

Skype.  It's how we game now.  I host the maps and have two cameras, one on the map and one on me.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 21

1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Watch YouTube videos.  Watch Reaper Twitch Streams (most are on either during or shortly after my pre-virus work hours).

Answer stolen by submariner. :ph34r: I have been doing both for the last six hours......

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 21

Since I'm still going into work, I'd have to say that I've been attending more meetings via Skype/Teams vs. face to face. On a personal note, I've actually been doing less; less frequent trips to the store, less going out for food, and less painting (darn brainweasels).

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 21

Tbh, never have felt socially isolated during this pandemic due to I still have to go out for my job & I still go out to shop. Mainly grocery shopping. I do most of my other shopping online anyways.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 21

3D printing.  I don't really like running long prints on the FDM printer when I'm not home, so I've been cranking out the 20+ hour prints since I got the printer fixed and working right.

Having lunch with my wife.

Audio and video calls (skype and MS Teams). It's how our business communicates now.

Pajama pants and tshirts. (soon to be switching more to shorts and tshirts....)

• Like 9