Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

33 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 21

What do you do more of, now that you are supposed to be socially isolated at home?

I definitely do more housecleaning and reorganization.  Oddly enough, I drink less (unlike some of my other friends).

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 21

What do you do more of, now that you are supposed to be socially isolated at home?

Since I live with parents, and do all of the grocery shopping/errands, I spend most of my time upstairs away from them (it's a big house, got a big family). So a lot more shouting is done now to be heard. It almost sounds like Howard and his mother from The Big Bang Theory.

Eating more PopTarts. Foundation of a healthy breakfast. Interestingly, did you know that eating the frosted poptarts yields less calories than the unfrosted ones? I didn't bother to look at the sugar levels in either, so not sure which one is truly better for you. Just an interesting note.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 21

Drink, play Minecraft and yardwork. 

• Like 8

more bike rides with Mini spawn. 

more homeschooling 

more shopping  - my wife used to do at least half the grocery shopping, but now I show during the weekdays and she still works 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 21

Sitting.

I miss my standing desk so so much. :down:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 21

bunch of stuff.

I paint more, because I can do it while waiting for work calls to come in.

ring fit adventure, because I don't get any exercise at work now.

bake, because I'm home often enough that I can wait for dough to rise.

sew, because I've been trying to make a better mask.

TV, I've been trying to watch the new startrek shows so I can cancel the subscription.

phone calls, I usually just go talk to people in person, but that isn't happening.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 21

I'm painting a lot more miniatures. I started a WiP thread of everything I've finished since this began, but haven't posted there in about a week because I broke my cellphone and no longer have a camera. I think I'm just north of 100 minis since I went into isolation on March 12. I'm definitely not going to be hurting on storage space for unpainted minis when Bones V arrives next year.

I'm brewing more beer as well. Mostly low alcohol stuff that comes in around 3.5% abv (Miller Lite is 4.2% for reference). That's because I find I'm drinking more beer these days and if I'm going to have a few beers in the evening I'd rather they were around that potency than the 6 to 12% stuff I would normally buy in stores.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

More arguing with my teenager. 
Anyone want a 2003 model? 

I've a '79 model that I might be willing to part with. 

Oh wait, he's moving out this weekend. Nevermind. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 21

Not much really. I had already been staying home a lot before, my only reasons to go out were for shopping. Which I still need to do anyway. 

And, honestly, this area never really shut down. Sure, all the restaurants stopped doing dine in, but most of them switched to pick up or delivery if they didn’t have a drive through. (They have drive through liquor stores here, wild.) And even though a lot of folks wear masks, almost no one adheres to the 6 foot rule.

• Like 7

May 21

I'm still working, I do take care of groceries/shopping, I usually walk Brutus, so nothing has changed much for me.

Although I worked from home yesterday for the first time in about 30 years.

But it's not going to be a habit.

• Like 7

May 21

Being single and an introvert has prepared me well.

Since I was already unemployed and home when it started, my routine is pretty much the same as before, but with far less travel outside of town. Paradoxically, with the gym closed, I go out for walks on a nearly daily basis, which I never used to do. So pretty much the opposite of isolation (though I do keep my 2m distance when possible).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 21

Eating like there is not tomorrow!

Also procrastinate...

Oh yes: being lazy!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 21

To be honest I never had much of a social life before the lock down. We've developed a bad habit of sleeping in real late now. I could be working hard but as I rented out my main spring work I've gotten really lazy about the other jobs. I hate working under pressure but seem to not work much without it. Need to get my self motivation moving or I'll be in trouble. Lazy time is almost over. My response to the virus has had several phases. Phase 1 - cold outside, minimal work, maximum youtube and facebook. Phase 2 - Wife got elliptical trainer so light-medium exercise nearly every day, light work, less computer time. Phase 3 - light-medium work, maintaining the exercise, watched several tv shows, lots of videogames. Trying to get into phase 4 - medium work, light painting/modelling and less videogames.

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

More arguing with my teenager. 
Anyone want a 2003 model? 

Already have one and while it doesn't do much work it also doesn't cause any real problems. #2 son made the comment that the 3 boys of the house, aged 46, 16 and 13, are pretty relaxed. We do a bit of work and are content to play our games and not bug anyone. The 3 girls of the house, aged 80, 46 and 2 are way more demanding and complain about all sorts of things even though they do less work than the boys. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1