Inarah

Getting to know You in May

19 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Going for walks across the neighborhood.  Baking bread.

I have been watching more Reaper Twitch streams, but that’s a side effect of transitioning to a new job that lets me work from home.

Pff. I read that as Breaking Bad...

I'm a bad wolf!

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 22

If you magically received the gift of musical ability, which instrument would you choose to play?

Either Electric Guitar or Bass Guitar.

image.png.6c3013bfaa3bcc1050713322c6b13585.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 22

If you magically received the gift of musical ability, which instrument would you choose to play?

Harp

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 22

DRUMS!

• Like 9

May 22

Guitar. I find someone who can play guitar around a campfire, at a filk or for Christmas carols really cool. 

• Like 9

May 22

I have been developing this magical gift since 1984 and played professionally for years, so...yeah.

That said, if I could magically acquire a new instrument mastery, it would be the drums. I'm ok on them, but lack the coordination to get really good, and I love playing them. I'd also love to be able to play the piano, as it's the basis of most western composition.

• Like 8

May 22

The pan flute.

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Keyboards / Piano

So, what you're saying is... you want to be a pianist? *childish giggle at the word*

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 22

Guitar or flute. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 22

Magical-level ability?  I’d choose the theremin, that staple of 50’s sci-fi movies such as Forbidden Planet.  It’s possibly the most difficult instrument I can imagine to play well — it requires precise, steady hand positioning and near-constant tuning.

I recently watched a YouTube video featuring musician Carolina Eyck playing the theremin, and was singularly impressed that such a level of music was possible with such a setup.

• Like 7

May 22

Anything with a keyboard: piano, pipe organ, harpsichord, countless synthesizers.

Not very portable I know, but there's just something about being able to play several notes at a time.

• Like 8

May 22

I want the clarinet back. That'll get me sax as well, the shift from clarinet to sax is an easy one. Oddly enough, shift from sax to clarinet is much more difficult.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

DRUMS!

image.png.02af689bee27ec9bf6185f20e77236f4.png

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Anything with a keyboard: piano, pipe organ, harpsichord, countless synthesizers.

Not very portable I know, but there's just something about being able to play several notes at a time.

The keytar is always an option. ::D:

image.thumb.png.88e7b96172d0e9b72e9c9af9aa288793.png

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

image.thumb.png.88e7b96172d0e9b72e9c9af9aa288793.png

Any instrument with a "Custom Blade" is never a bad choice.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 22

My voice.

Oh, you mean an external instrument?  Electric keyboard/synthesizer.  Violin is a very close second.

• Like 7