Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

May 23-24:  

I like the early morning 

May 25: 

Shoes in house.  No, unless I am planning to spend more than an hour cooking, then I put them on, sometimes. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

Do you wear shoes in the house or take them off at the door? 

Off at the door (my grandmother was not a violent person, but god help you if you tracked dirt into her house.....). 

And I often don't put them on going out if just going out in the driveway or to barbecue or anything.

I'm most comfortable barefoot.  At least until the snow is more than ankle deep.

• Like 10

May 25

The shoes make it into my bedroom/workshop & no further.

I like barefoot...it's a Huckleberry Finn thing, but since my unfortunate big toe infection. I now wear slippers if I have to go walking around the house.

• Like 9

Take off at the door, except if I go to the basement.  I am in charge of the basement at it's carpet.  I let shoes be on down there.

• Like 10

May 25

Usually they come off, though the floor in my living area is painted concrete so I usually have some sort of foot covering on. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

Off. Off!

I wear shoes under protest. Also since we have downstairs neighbors I figure they appreciate the lack of stomping at all of the inconvenient hours.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

May 25

I take my shoes off and have a pair of house shoes that I have been wearing since my first-born started emptying drawers all over the floor.  After partially embedding a potato masher in the wall because it was the most painful and...  10th thing I'd stepped on that day, it went flying.  My wife calmly looked on and suggested that perhaps I should start wearing shoes around the house, like her.  She's a wise woman!! 

In the summer I keep an old pair of sandals around for in-house sandals since I'm not allowed to keep my outdoor footwear on inside. 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, Inarah said:

May 23-24

What is your favorite time of day, morning, afternoon, or night? 

Anytime that I don't have to work... 

• Like 9

May 23-24:  I like the sun in the afternoon but honestly I'm a night owl.  I used to work two overnights a week at a group-home-like setting and I only had one client and he slept, so those weekends were basically 16 hours of sitting on the couch playing 3DS with a COPS marathon playing in the background lol.  @Cranky Dog, you're seriously 6 HOURS north of Ottawa?  I thought I knew someone far north but he's only slightly more north than Sudbury.  My sister is east of Sudbury.

May 25th:  Absolutely no shoes in the house.  Sometimes sandals on the balcony but not usually.

Edited by stormbreach
added text
  • Like 9

May 25

I don't take them off at the door, but I don't wear shoes around the house, I've got a comfy pair of slippers instead.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Off. Off!

I wear shoes under protest. Also since we have downstairs neighbors I figure they appreciate the lack of stomping at all of the inconvenient hours.

https://youtu.be/g2Hi7NzFEOI

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

Off at the door...

(But they stay on in other peoples houses...)

4 hours ago, CashWiley said:

Straight up Mr Rodgers protocol up in here.

Which is what?  Never really watched that...ditto for the Daniel Tiger cartoon. Aware of both shows.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, stormbreach said:

@Cranky Dog, you're seriously 6 HOURS north of Ottawa?  I thought I knew someone far north but he's only slightly more north than Sudbury.  My sister is east of Sudbury.

Look at a map. When I say North, I really mean geographically North, which falls squarely in Quebec.

Sudbury is much more West of Ottawa than it is North. However, I do have relatives in the Sudbury area, and was once a coop student there too in 2007.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

We don't need no stinkin' shoes. Might want to borrow @Glitterwolf's puppy's mask though when I slip them off. 

Take them off as soon as I can when I get home  as I dislike wearing them if I don't have to.

• Like 7

@Cranky Dog yeah I know the east and west don't match up, I just meant relative north.  My friends are 6 hours north of me here in Hamilton.  Ottawa is almost that far northerly already (and east) and you're six hours from there.  Mind you, still way further south (and east lol) than Edmonton and I spent 9 years in that frozen tundra. ::P:

• Like 5