Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

Do you wear shoes in the house or take them off at the door? 

They’re usually off but there’s no set spot for taking them off or where to leave them. I tend to go barefoot.

@TGP and others wondering Mr. Rogers opened every episode by coming in the front door, going down the steps, taking off his suit coat, hanging it up, taking out a sweater, putting it on and zipping it halfway up, then sitting down and taking off his dress shoes and putting on his tennis shoes. All while sing it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, stormbreach said:

@Cranky Dog yeah I know the east and west don't match up, I just meant relative north.  My friends are 6 hours north of me here in Hamilton.  Ottawa is almost that far northerly already (and east) and you're six hours from there.  Mind you, still way further south (and east lol) than Edmonton and I spent 9 years in that frozen tundra. ::P:

I have a friend who lives 7 hours north of Edmonton.....hopefully he won't spend most of this summer in a hotel due to wild fires......

• Like 8

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Which is what?  Never really watched that...ditto for the Daniel Tiger cartoon. Aware of both shows.

Switch to indoor footwear. The fiancee has been getting me nice mocs but they're too hot for spring, I recently got some Acorn slippers and they're great.

Once it gets north of 70º it's bare feet though. I can't abide heat, NY state is too hot for me from May through September.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

Shoes off - helps keep the carpet cleaner...

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

I take them off at the door.  Come to think of it, nobody whose home I visit with any regularity wears shoes in the house.

• Like 9

On 5/21/2020 at 9:53 AM, Inarah said:

May 21

What do you do more of, now that you are supposed to be socially isolated at home?

According to my scale, sit and eat, apparently. <_<

On 5/21/2020 at 11:32 AM, kristof65 said:

More arguing with my teenager. 
Anyone want a 2003 model? 

Already got one.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:56 AM, Inarah said:

May 22

If you magically received the gift of musical ability, which instrument would you choose to play?

Guitar, I have always wanted to be able to accompany myself while singing. 

On 5/23/2020 at 9:54 AM, Inarah said:

May 23-24

What is your favorite time of day, morning, afternoon, or night? 

Morning

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 25

Off, I dislike wearing things on my feet.

• Like 10

May 26

Name someone in the game industry you would like to meet in person. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 26

To thank them for their work, or push them down the stairs? :huh:

• Haha 14
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 26

Sandra Garrity, Tom Mier, and Werner Klocke.  Those are the only ones of my sculpting idols that I have not met and befriended yet.

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 26

While I could go with the Oathsworn duo, Slowfuse from Creature Caster, or a few others that aren't coming to mind due to not having had coffee yet...

Carlos from Corvus Belli is who I'd want to meet.  Seems like he'd be someone awesome to game with, and also go out to the pub for wings with!

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 26

The entire Reaper family, naturally. I've always wanted to finally see them, and of course It'll be a lot harder for Ron to ignore my wheedling for flumphs if I'm there in person. ::P:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

45 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 26

I already met a lot of the people and multiple artists at ReaperCon. So I'm good.

Besides that, I don't feel any particular need to meet any of them. Partly because I'm bad at remembering names, partly because I know how much of a team effort any game is, so it's hard to single out any one creator. I would've liked to thank Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson for their contributions.

41 minutes ago, VitM said:

Kevin Siembieda comes to mind for both categories.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 26

There are lots that would be interesting to meet, not that I'm much of a "meet people" kind of person...

But I'd really like to meet Andy and Wendy Cooper from West Wind in person.  I've known them since their first Kickstarter, chatted, emailed, etc but I'd like to get over to England and meet them in person some day.

1 hour ago, VitM said:

20 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Kevin Siembieda comes to mind for both categories.

He only fits in one category for me....(not that I'm still bitter about Robotech Tactics or anything........)

• Like 6

On 5/25/2020 at 9:53 AM, Inarah said:

May 25

I am most usually found to be barefoot, indoors or out.

If I have shoes on indoors, I have either just returned home and have not taken them off yet or am about to depart.  Shoes are typically off at home.

If I have shoes on, when I take them off, they get put away which is defined differently based on what shoes they are.

For example:  my garden clogs live just outside the back door on the patio, my flip flops live in a basket next to the garage door, my dress shoes live in the rack in my closet.

While I have been in the orthopedic boot, I wear a shoe on the opposite foot to even up my hips to reduce the associated discomfort.  I find I stumble and trip more with shoes on than barefoot.  And worse, tripping in the boot.

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 26

since I've worked in the game industry, my bucket list of meeting people has been checked off.

• Like 8

On 5/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, Inarah said:

May 23-24

What is your favorite time of day, morning, afternoon, or night? 

Depends on the time of year. Early morning and evenings in the summer. Early mornings to get out and avoid the heat and early evenings because I like to sit outside and see the bats hunting above my backyard. In the spring I love the midday when its not cold. Fall is good for afternoons and dusk with turning trees and beautiful sunsets. And winter? Who cares? it's cold and I'm generally stuck inside.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, Inarah said:

May 25

House slippers, but it's not a hard rule or anything.

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 26

I'm not a big "interested in meeting famous/industry/notorious people" kind of person. I did play a game of Illuminati with Steve Jackson a couple of years ago at Origins. He seemed like a nice person, but not really any more interesting than playing a game with some other, less well known, stranger. He did give me a stuffed tentacle though. So that was kind of cool.

• Like 7