Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Have you ever taken a road trip with a pet?

Apart from moving places, only a few times, and just with the dogs (cats are too finicky and don't like their routine disturbed). I am not a huge road trip person, I usually am the one staying behind at the house to watch over the dogs and cats while everyone else goes off to have fun. As long as my labradors are with me, I have all the fun I need.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Yes. When I was 7 we drove from Liveormore, CA to Lawrence, KS with 2 cats. Then there were a couple of trips from Lincoln, NE to Kalamazoo, MI with a small dog that whined from his carrier for the first 2 hours each way. 

There was also a trip across Kansas with me, my brother and 2 cousins in the back seat. Pretty sure the animals were better behaved. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

May 1st:

From midnight to 10 I wore jeans & a black tshirt, my work clothes, after that it was  Pink Floyd "Dark side of the Moon" sleep shorts, along with a orange grid pattern "cool" shirts. I didn't sleep any thou, as that came around 8 last night

May 2nd

I think the only time I've ever traveled with a pet was during moves & that was mostly in town or if anything to a nearby town. I do recall Jake our cat when I was young loved car rides, he's growl at people like a dog if you said "Get em!".

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Yes, for many years whenever we would travel by car to see family we took our dog Jane. She loved riding around in the car and exploring new places wherever we'd stop. For the longest time we had a compact car. And Jane, being a large dog, could lay in the back and then stretch out onto the armrest between the front seats. On long car trips she'd fall asleep there with my arm resting on top of her head. She's too old for car trips now. One quick turn or tap of the brakes and she's likely to seriously injure herself. 

She's laying here on the patio next to me, and just to see if she remembers them, I asked her if she wanted to go for a car ride. She woke right up. Now I have to get her a treat so she'll quit giving me this look...

20200502_135307.thumb.jpg.e79c88688d3c29d4a106edda8ab64118.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

When my wife was still here, we (I should say she) would take our dog(s) everywhere. Since then I have quit travelling as much by car so I don't take Bakana as much (like @Thoramel's pup), she's starting to get too old to in and out of the car.  

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Yep. Week in the car with a dog, a week on a lake somewhere, and a week in the car with a dog was my usual teenage years family road trip. The first time the dog was so confused. We'd only ever driven to Grandma's house in that car so for her it must have been the longest most circuitous route to Grandma's ever taken and we didn't even get there ::P: After that she got used to it and liked watching the road go by while laying on various people.

Our old minivan had its own Unique Smell; oily cast iron, rocks, gym clothes, city smog, and spilled coffee will produce a true Miasma. The Weird Smell gained during the road trip merely added snacks, weak tea, spray cheese, and dog to that Miasma.

If a minivan isn't used to haul things that Smell Weird then you're doing it wrong.

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Both of our cross country migrations involved family pets.  The CA to MA was flying with a parakeet, and the MA to TX was driving with both cats. 

We had two cars, two drivers, two cats and a teenager. It ended up mom (me) drove to TX to the sound of the song of their people while dad & teen drove in the other car.  As much as #ThatSid thinks he wants to go for a ride, we all know he really doesn't. 

20200219_114819.jpg

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

I helped my then-girlfriend move from Mississippi to North Carolina with her cat.  Her cat spent most of the trip groggy from medication.

There were valuable lessons learned from that relationship, so I don't regret it, but... objectively and in hindsight, getting into that relationship was not a good decision.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Yes, with the corgis, not with the hamsters. I did move with the hamsters, but they didn't enjoy the ride much. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, ladystorm said:

Both of our cross country migrations involved family pets.  The CA to MA was flying with a parakeet, and the MA to TX was driving with both cats. 

We had two cars, two drivers, two cats and a teenager. It ended up mom (me) drove to TX to the sound of the song of their people while dad & teen drove in the other car.  As much as #ThatSid thinks he wants to go for a ride, we all know he really doesn't. 

20200219_114819.jpg

That is a handsome boy. ::):

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 2: 

Back when we had a dog it was very difficult to get into the car without the dog getting in as well.

Some of the longer excursions would turn into a sort of canine version of Thelma and Louise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

May 3

What restaurant meal do you miss most during this time of isolation and stay-at-home orders?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 3

What restaurant meal do you miss most during this time of isolation and stay-at-home orders?

We don't eat out all that often, but we kind of were hoping to hit up Cactus Club Café for my birthday, but there's a chance we can still make it for our anniversary ^_^

They have some really nice food there... 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 3

The daily special from the Korean place at the city market near work.  Mmmmmm

• Like 8