Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

10 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 27

What is something about yourself you think most people don't know?

That is a long list, I'm a fairly private person.

Considering the audience, I'll share the pot roast story.

After a lengthy broccoli base discussion on this forum, Ron exasperatedly typed he didn't really care what we called the bases, we could call a pot roast a base.  So I took that as a challenge and based a mini on a pot roast, made a little vignette and included wine pairing with the presentation. 

Of course, the forum upgrades have made this hard to track down, but it is out there.

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

9 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 27

Twice I was on the 2nd place Boomerang team in the US.  One year I was ranked 36th in the nation as a boomeranger.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 27

I play Native American flutes.  I tend to play with an impromptu style making up what I play as I do.  One of my performances was recorded in the field by the production company for "Finding Bigfoot" and was used on a couple of their episodes (I gave them free use permission).  I tend to play mostly when I am camping.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 27

People tend to be surprised at how much I like cute girly stuff. I tend to give off a cool vibe rather than a cute one. I don't wear pink, or dresses, or makeup (unless it's for cosplay) so people think of me more like a tough tomboy, but I have been known to squee over shiny stickers. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 27

Umm, well most people (in the general sense) probably don't know I paint miniatures ::D:

On the forums...umm, errr, that's harder......hmmm........

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 27

I've never had a cavity. Also, I have a bunch of tattoos, but they aren't anywhere visible to anyone but my wife.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff. But trust me when I say that none of it is appropriate to discuss on here.

• Like 10

May 27

I attended and completed high school in Berlin, Germany, at a school that used to be for the families of US Army personnel and citizens stationed in West Berlin during the Cold War. During my time there, I played saxophone in a jazz ensemble that performed for the German Chancellor and the President of Finland. I also developed a severe addiction to an item of Turkish fastfood, the glorious döner kebab.

• Like 12

May 27

Why, that's classified information citizen!

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

29 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Why, that's classified information citizen!

Authorized (TS-SCI, at least last I checked). Spill the info soldier. Ve haf vays of making jo talk. 

Guess I just revealed something.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 27

My friends usually know this but: I am 34 and don't have a driver's license, I have never even owned a vehicle. I did have a permit and eventually a license briefly, but I never used it. I have driven before, part of the test and all that, but I did not enjoy it. I live in a small-ish town and can easily walk to just about anything I need, or take the bus for some of the longer trips. I'd probably be a lot heavier than I already am if I didn't walk.

• Like 15

May 27

I know people tend to assume I have more tattoos, play more instruments, and am in more bands than the reality.

• Like 11

May 27

Oooh, so many things... Hmmm... Some of the forum probably already knows these, but I'm going to go with the reactions I get from random people, as well as customers.. 

- Many are surprised I don't have a personal vehicle. They're rather expensive to own and operate, oddly enough... But yet I'm a delivery driver. 

- Some of my coworkers firmly believe I only wear work clothing, and are rather surprised at the fact my personal clothing is typically black, with the occasional accent colour... That is assuming they even recognize me, lol

- Not many realize that I used to be heavily involved with Dance Dance Revolution (as well as In The Groove), and even had a handful of machine records across Alberta, and usually wound up in the top 10-15% of most tournaments that I attended, especially for doubles play (both pads at the same time) 

- I have a massive fascination with aviation - oh wait, that one's rather obvious to most lol

- I tend not to attend a certain parade not because of what it is, but because of two things: one, it's held in stupidly hot months and I don't like heat exhaustion (me and heat really don't get along well), and two, I wouldn't know which part of the community to March with.  Okay, the third is I don't like publicly advertising that either ::P:

- I have trouble keeping actual proper friends, like how most would define their "best friends", yet I value my friendships a LOT.  It's hard to put into actual words though. 

There's probably more, but some are things I hold rather close to my heart, and very few ever find out, if at all. 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 27

I collect cool looking coins, especially 50 pences. Nothing too rare, but I have a fascination with them. I don't go out of my way to buy the mint ones, but I check my change every time I go shopping. My favourites are a complete set of these London 2012 Olympic Games ones, the Arthur Conan Doyle one and the Beatrix Potter ones. 

s-l1000.jpg.f4de8e4e7ed89db9f1cbed83f0d32cb4.jpg_106932470_50p.thumb.jpg.c5ea60707aa2d28a99bbff69ff2408a5.jpg777797270_s-l300(1).jpg.bbdb774440ec8b40a6ccecbb6623551d.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 27

If it's something that most people don't know, there's probably a reason for that. ::P:

Here's one: I almost drowned when I was 6 or 7.

No sad faces,  obviously I didn't.  In fact it made me want to learn to swim better. 

• Like 12

On 5/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, Inarah said:

May 26

Name someone in the game industry you would like to meet in person. 

Being able to go to as many RCon as I have & the early ones too, I've met quite a few people I thought I'd never meet. Right now I think I'd like to meet Ben Siens. He's about the only Reaper artist (or has done for Reaper) that I haven't met & befriended yet.

• Like 11