Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to know You in May

55 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 28

What is the most fun you have had in costume? 

I'm not a big costume guy but occasionally I'll dress up and ride a bicycle around the city with others. Either in parades or in organized group rides. There's the tweed ride where we all dress up like dandys, that's good clean fun that I do every year. There's the Doo Dah parade where I've dressed up as everything from a super hero to a road warrior and then ride around with about 1000 other people riding, marching and driving on a hot day in July. That's good holiday fun. But the most fun I've ever had in costume doing bike rides has to be my bumblebee outfit (consisting of wings and antennae) that I've worn a couple of times for the WNBR (this is a family forum so not describing that one, but feel free to look it up on your own), and that's just ridiculous, crazy fun. I haven't done that in years, and this year's WNBR was cancelled. And even though the organizers are encouraging us to get out and ride on our own, something tells me that's less likely to be as fun.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 28

Probably being voluntold into duties as the St John's local mascot (forgot his name, but it's a dalmatian here in town), and after something like ten minutes of arguing with the people who kept insisting I was "the perfect height" I finally gave in and wore it.  In my defense, I wanted to watch the triathlon, not get bombarded by kids... 

Let's just say my handler/spotter had quite the fight getting me out of it, I was having too much fun after about five minutes.  Dottie kept me in line though, she was paying attention to the fact it had become 33C outside, and that I needed to make sure I got water on a regular basis. 

Well, at the end of the event it wasn't much difficulty getting me out of the suit - hot weather plus thick padded suit does eventually start getting rather warm, and it does wear the energy out of you after time... 

• Like 10

I remember it was 5th or 6th grade & I made Soundwave out of cardboard & tinfoil. I wore it that to school!

Wearing "The Squirrel" costume at RCon ranks up there as well, epically the after hours @ the HGI firepit & the lobby area. @Chaoswolf & I drunk dancing to wedding guest arriving into the hotel was one of my favorite moments that year. :blink::lol:

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 28

I don't dress up often, despite loving Halloween and the concept of cosplay. Most fun I had was quite a while ago, Halloween of '99. I had gone to a school costume party, and dressed up as Darth Maul (recall Episode I had just come out that summer). My very artistic mother and brother helped do the makeup spot on, I had the double lightsaber toy, close-enough black robes, and having braces made my smile seem even more sinister with the makeup. Combined with my height, I stood out when making my entrance, and people loved it at the party. Even got to dance with my high school crush that night.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

May 28

I almost never dress up ( aside from my uniform that is..) as for the time that I did.

Well...that's even more classified on accounts of this being a family friendly forum..:ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

So many good memories, considering that I worked for a major thrift store chain where Hallowe'en was our biggest season. The memory I have is where we always did a Costume Catwalk to showcase the products we sell. My wife was a front end manager, so she specifically chose a knight costume for me and put some extra oomph in her description when I walked up. Sounded like a regular thing to customers, but our co-workers giggled because they knew exactly what she meant.

Another time was when I went full costume as Drizz't Do'Urden to a bar, and won first place for best male costume.

EDIT: I should mention that I won despite nobody in the bar knowing who the hell I was cosplaying.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

Probably the time I dressed up as Captain Jack......Daniels  (Jack Sparrow) on my last deployment in the Navy. We were at sea on Halloween,  so the Captain decided to have a costume contest. I got some of the ladies on board to help me with the makeup. 

When it came time for the Captain to judge all the contestants,  I swaggered up to him, drew my (toy) cutlass,  and challenged him to a duel for the ship.

The look he gave me at first made me think I might have gone too far until he disappeared for a couple minutes and came back with his (real) cutlass, looked at me, smiled, and said 'whenever you're ready'.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

On 5/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, Inarah said:

May 27

What is something about yourself you think most people don't know?

I have only four toes on my right foot, due to my aforementioned birth defects.

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

[redacted]

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

Not really a costume guy, so probably the last time I went trick or treating back in junior high or something.....

There are costumes I'd like to wear, but unfortunately I'm kind of tall for a Stormtrooper..... (and wide......and thick......:poke:)

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

For Halloween I wore a cape and hood and did white and black makeup on my face to look like a skull by hand when I was in middle school.  I was judged one of the best so I had my picture taken for the yearbook and won a single on a vinyl record.  I was bullied a lot too so everyone said the guy who came in a store-bought werewolf mask should have won instead of me.

Edited by stormbreach
added text
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

Funny enough, it was the Halloween that I wore this cheesy zombie mask when answering the door for trick-or-treaters. Got several to scream and run away. They needed coaxing to get their candy by their very amused parents. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

Shooting SASS or Zoot Shooting

• Like 8

447254360_maxresdefault(15).thumb.jpg.bfa9e6360eae6da0625b3c54897b09cb.jpg

20 hours ago, Inarah said:

May 28

Nothing that I can share in a family forum, but I really want to pick up one of these soon :lol:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

May 29

What is your favorite warm weather/summertime dessert?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Inarah said:

May 29

What is your favorite warm weather/summertime dessert?

Ice Cream

• Like 9